BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

51 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Rich Sharpe just tweeted that Fielding has been released by Bristol City, says he would fit the bill for what Mowbray is looking for.

One to watch?

Linked with him all last summer by Sharpe iirc, so it's obviously a name that he's had confirmed as us being interested in (or we were last summer) Sharpe doesn't tend to do speculation. 

• Like 1

Both of the Olsson twins, Timm Klose, and van der Hoorn are out of contract this summer. 

Surely they could improve our squad rather than that Beuer?

Definitely would have Martin back, but wages may be an issue 

5 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Generally I follow the 'don't go back principle' but feel that applies less to defenders.

Unless a gem has been discovered in Mowbray's European adventures I do not expect us to sign a CB who is better than Hanley so if he is available we should at least try.

There is the 'red mist' issue with him but I like passion in a player.

(Ooops, just remembered about not posting in this thread, bloody temptation got the better of me)

I think that quote applies more to girlfriends or boyfriends rather than centre backs ??.  

We did go back with Henry which was a good move. ?

Just now, rigger said:

I don’t get all the excitement about signing ex or aged players. All they bring are memories. We want players who bring a future.

But isn't half the squad full of that already, Butterworth, Rankin-Costello, Rothwell, Raya, Nyambe, Lenihan, Dack, Brereton, Chapman and a few other, all fall within that category, we needed experienced pros now, ones that are good enough, the experienced pros we currently have are TURD, smallwood, bennett, mulgrew, evans, conway, williams, graham, all of whom played a big chunk of last season, of who aren't good enough, graham granted been good, but he's one hard summer training away from being past it. It's the experienced players that bring this squad down more than anything else.

• Like 5

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

I would sell him for 18m honestly.

In all seriousness if someone was too actually offer that then we couldn’t refuse it I don’t think. Massive money for us, if it’s true we’ve set our demands at that level then that shows we aren’t willing too just cash in without it being worth our while. If someone’s willing too pay 18 million with a 20% sell on clause then fair enough.

• Like 1

Just now, philipl said:

Venkys are renowned for being extremely difficult if they don't want to sell.

Put Dack in the right squad and he could take the Championship apart next season. 

If Mowbray wants to play this 433/343 that hes been talking about I'm not sure if he even fits in the team anymore, as crazy as that sounds.

1 hour ago, J*B said:

If Mowbray wants to play this 433/343 that hes been talking about I'm not sure if he even fits in the team anymore, as crazy as that sounds.

The craziest thing would be changing formation to one that excludes your best player.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

The craziest thing would be changing formation to one that excludes your best player.

Agreed, unless Mowbray has decided to sell Dack to finance the rebuild as he hinted at during the fans forum a few months ago. 

Would be a tough call, as Phillipl pointed out, with a quality team around him that plays football and with a bit more focus, he really could really blow this league apart. I'd rather it was with us if our more dynamic style of play and bolder team selections come to fruition.

• Like 1

Worth remembering that the Dingles developed a string of Prem class centre forwards and sold every one of them- Austin, Vokes, Ings. Woods who they have now probably the least dangerous.

More than one way of pushing through but I'd like to keep Dack.

At the very least as Mowbray pointed out, he is an insurance against FFP problems because we will be forced to sell in the summer of 2020.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AAK said:

But isn't half the squad full of that already, Butterworth, Rankin-Costello, Rothwell, Raya, Nyambe, Lenihan, Dack, Brereton, Chapman and a few other, all fall within that category, we needed experienced pros now, ones that are good enough, the experienced pros we currently have are TURD, smallwood, bennett, mulgrew, evans, conway, williams, graham, all of whom played a big chunk of last season, of who aren't good enough, graham granted been good, but he's one hard summer training away from being past it. It's the experienced players that bring this squad down more than anything else.

What I was trying to say was that, the experienced players we need are ones that are going to do something in the future, as well as bask in what they have done in the past.

23 hours ago, 47er said:

I don't recall your original post referring specifically to defenders. As I remember you were talking about the team.

We are all unhappy about the defence----the goals against column speaks for itself.

But while TM is "unhappy", it didn't create itself did it? It his defence and he's been here for more than 2 seasons.

You are correct but a team that was promoted last season. In my opinion he has to give them this season to prove themselves and see if they can make that transition.