BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

25 minutes ago, AAK said:

Best keeper ive seen in the championship for a while is Bialkowski at ipswich. Not sure why he hasnt played much this season, but great keeper. Be available on the cheap now i reckon.

Fantastic keeper who had a very bad start too this season and lost his place in the team for a while.. Might need a change of scenery after a few years at Ipswich, if we can get this guy back in form I think Raya would be struggling too get in the side. 

37 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

I think I’d sell Lenihan for £8m. If he wasn’t injury prone then no, but he is.

It's a good point in regards to his value. However, given he's our only good defender, I'd be extremely reluctant to let him go. Even using the money to replace him is a risk, as we wouldn't have any good centre halves to start with. We could buy two, but one might flop, leaving us back to square one.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

I think I’d sell Lenihan for £8m. If he wasn’t injury prone then no, but he is.

That’s a lot of money for a handful of decent performances to be honest. Cupboard is bare though.

12 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Because Mowbray can't do anything until he's flown out to India to agree the budget. He'll be doing that next week or the week after. It's not difficult ??

You’re assuming that we’re actually looking at free transfers? We’re not behind anything lads. We just probably didn’t want Shinnie or any other freebies right now It’s really THAT simple! ??

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 1

Just now, Paul Mani said:

You’re assuming that we’re actually looking at free transfers? We’re not behind anything lads. Mad how much shit is chatted on here! ??

Its not rocket science to suggest that the manager not having the foggiest as to the budget he is working on until a couple of weeks after the season has finished, a season in which we could have in theory prepared for with weeks of the season left due to our league position.

You say its an assumption to suggest that we are looking at frees, even the manager doesnt know!

You’re assuming that we’re actually looking at free transfers? We’re not behind anything lads. We just probably didn’t want Shinnie or any other freebies right now It’s really THAT simple! ??

Don't be silly. Of course we're after freebies AND contracted players. Keep up. ??

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Its not rocket science to suggest that the manager not having the foggiest as to the budget he is working on until a couple of weeks after the season has finished, a season in which we could have in theory prepared for with weeks of the season left due to our league position.

You say its an assumption to suggest that we are looking at frees, even the manager doesnt know!

How do you know he hasn’t got the foggiest? ??

How do you know he isn’t just going to India to increase the agreed budget in line with his ambition? There’s been a lot of chat (even on here) that we’ve been talking to this person or that person. If he hadn’t the foggiest then how would that be possible? 

I don’t know what his budget is but going back to abpoint made ealer that we were already behind because Derby had signed Shinnie is just pure banter. 

How do you know he hasn’t got the foggiest? ??

How do you know he isn’t just going to India to increase the agreed budget in line with his ambition? There’s been a lot of chat (even on here) that we’ve been talking to this person or that person. If he hadn’t the foggiest then how would that be possible? 

I don’t know what his budget is but going back to abpoint made ealer that we were already behind because Derby had signed Shinnie is just pure banter. 

He said last week that he was going to India to find out if hes buying multi million players or if hes in the free agent market. 

I think that was just an example of how a club can take advantage if they get in there early.

The club also said they'd drawn up two budgets one for not much funding and one for if there is bigger funding so maybe they are just paying lip service to questions and not revealing their hand or they don't know yet but it's fair to assume they don't.

I'm still a bit dubious as we've been told there was good funding in the last two windows and we were priced out of better players than we had and the manager didn't see the need to spend on anything else. Personally I thought that was just covering the fact they'd invested what was available in Brereton and again i'm personally not expecting anything other than a similar tale this time.

To be fair though he'd be a bit daft to come back and say hey the owners have given me 20 million and suddenly add 50% to everyone he enquires about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeeCee said:

That article... Friedel, the former Liverpool, Tottenham and United States international goalkeeper, took over at New England in 2017.

Sure, forget about us, his spell with us was only longer than his Spurs and Liverpool spells combined, with nearly four times the games too.

(Yes yes, I know we're relative small fry and those two are contesting the Champions League Final)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, S8 & Blue said:

Transfer window open in a couple of weeks.

Closes 8th August.

Plenty of time to panic, bicker and moan when we can actually sign players.

Shinnie signs a pre-contract at Derby. Rovers don't know their budget. 

Not sure what you're discussing? 

• Moderation Lead

Lads, I know the season is over now, but can we keep it civil and stop the baiting please?

Thanks.

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Whiteman in next week for further talks with TM

Turning into the new Maddison this lad ?

Is he flying out to India with him?!

Edited by MarkBRFC

15 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

An intelligent manager wouldn't.  But an intelligent manager also wouldn't publicly back a player he intended to replace. It doesn't need much intelligence for you to understand this. 

Nonsense. He is publicly backing  a young goal keeper who is actually here. You want him to say a player we haven't even signed yet will be number 1  

9 hours ago, tomphil said:

The club also said they'd drawn up two budgets one for not much funding and one for if there is bigger funding so maybe they are just paying lip service to questions and not revealing their hand or they don't know yet but it's fair to assume they don't.

I'm still a bit dubious as we've been told there was good funding in the last two windows and we were priced out of better players than we had and the manager didn't see the need to spend on anything else. Personally I thought that was just covering the fact they'd invested what was available in Brereton and again i'm personally not expecting anything other than a similar tale this time.

To be fair though he'd be a bit daft to come back and say hey the owners have given me 20 million and suddenly add 50% to everyone he enquires about.

Amen to this logic ?

13 hours ago, AAK said:

Best keeper ive seen in the championship for a while is Bialkowski at ipswich. Not sure why he hasnt played much this season, but great keeper. Be available on the cheap now i reckon.

I'm not decrying this lad at all but some times goalies at bottom teams look good because of the sheer amount of work they have to do. The top keepers can go 20 minutes hardly touching the ball but will pull out a fantastic save the first time the ball comes their way.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Torgeir said:

A goalkeeper is very much an integral part of a defense. We need a more commanding figure at the back, not just a good shot stopper.

You could have the most commanding keeper in the world he will only add too a defence. If the defenders in front of him are not good enough he will ultimately fail.