BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

6 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Turning into the new Maddison this lad ?

Is he flying out to India with him?!

He's not the new Maddison, as only Sparks Rover seems to be excited about him.

3 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

This is fun

Can someone make up a rumour please to see me through a quiet Friday at work?

Fulfilling his destiny at last, Luca Toni coming out of retirement to join Rovers  as player/coach

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

We already have the best target man in the championship :)

Yes , but BRFCS rule number 33 - Transfer threads

subsection 1a.  A transfer thread posted on BRFCS is not official unless Luca Toni is mentioned

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 6

8 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

For the record jim mk2 is quite correct as far as proper English Language is concerned, and you probably know that already.

The reality is that the bastardisation of the English Language by lazy Americanisation is winning the day and I'm getting to old to ''give one'' and the younger poorly educated generations within Britain are as much to blame as our old friends across the water.

Not much to do with Summer Transfers but interesting and anyway I know the square root of FA about who we should be looking at for our Defence ;), I wonder if that should now be an 'EFA' ?

Two countries seperated by a common language.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Mackay Steven at Aberdeen has always looked ok to me. Leftie and good replacement for Conway 

Trouble is, I wonder why nobody in England has yet taken a punt on him in all the years since we were first linked under Kean?

Raya:

Yes if we had a outstanding, finished article, commanding keeper (Manuel Neuer, Brad Friedel) in net, it would improve the goals conceded... can't argue.

However I despair how little some people appreciate that for at least half of the season (not all in the same side together) our team looked like

Raya

Bennett - Lenihan - Mulgrew - Williams

Smallwood - Evans

I see 5 much much bigger issues than Raya in those 7 names. Some have been resolved (Travis - Smallwood) but plenty still remain.

We dont have Berg, Short, Byornebye, Flitcroft, Duff, Dunn, Jansen, Hignett like we did in 2000, so signing a worldie GK in the championship will not get us promoted like it did under Souness... drastically improving the defense and midfield, even with Raya as first choice goalkeeper, just might.

Replacing Raya is not the #1 priority.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Trouble is, I wonder why nobody in England has yet taken a punt on him in all the years since we were first linked under Kean?

well fairly recently he had to be pulled out of a river by the emergency services after a piss-up gone wrong, so there is that !

• Like 2

Some interesting names listed on the Sky Sports article about free transfers.

Some at a glance:

Tommy Elphick, Moses Odubajo, Jamie Paterson, Todd Cantwell, Jake Bidwell, Martin Olsson, Leroy Fer, Nick Powell. Frank Fielding, Paul Coutts, Kieron Westwood and Yohann Barbet.

Some will obviously be impossible for a multitude of genuine reasons - wages, prem interest, other team overpayments, crazy agents, position of need etc - but some good-very good options on the 'free' market.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DeeZee said:

well fairly recently he had to be pulled out of a river by the emergency services after a piss-up gone wrong, so there is that !

I'm amazed Kean never got that one done he'd have found the perfect drinking buddy.