BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Mulgrew planning on being here next season.

E3BF826D-CB39-4D94-B49E-0CFB131F6E9C.jpeg

I can't see how he'll be here next year. A liability at the back and surely one of our top earners. 

If Mowbray is serious about revamping the squad for a promotion push then Mulgrew has to be one of the casualties.

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

I can't see how he'll be here next year. A liability at the back and surely one of our top earners. 

If Mowbray is serious about revamping the squad for a promotion push then Mulgrew has to be one of the casualties.

It's because he is probably one of our top earners and just signed a new 2 year extension that he will be staying. Who's buying?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Mulgrew planning on being here next season.

E3BF826D-CB39-4D94-B49E-0CFB131F6E9C.jpeg

I'm not saying he won't be here next season; but he'd hardly post anything like, "Right then; that's me celebrating but this may well be the last you see of me at Ewood."

Would he? 

Just now, m1st said:

I'm not saying he won't be here next season; but he'd hardly post anything like, "Right then; that's me celebrating but this may well be the last you see of me at Ewood."

Would he? 

Not sure what this post adds fella.

He didn’t need to post anything at all. Call me cynical but footballers use social media for a reason.

Instead of McKay Stevens I'd rather get Jamaal Lowe from Portsmouth at least he's done well in the English leagues. Half of the Scottish premiership would get demolished in league 1 and I don't think even Celtic would get top 6 in the championship.

Poor league with very very few quality players.

On 10/05/2019 at 11:54, rigger said:

You could have the most commanding keeper in the world he will only add too a defence. If the defenders in front of him are not good enough he will ultimately fail. 

I was merely arguing that a goalkeeper is very much part of a defence, while you seem undecided whether or not a GK is part of a defence or not. Your last sentence is stating the obvious.

I don't disagree with you that we need better defenders too. I would like a Rb to provide cover/competition for Nyambe, plus a solid composed centre half to play alongside the more erratic Lenihan. Our left side is very on/off as well, with both Williams and Bell struggling with consistency. 

1 minute ago, Torgeir said:

I was merely arguing that a goalkeeper is very much part of a defence, while you seem undecided whether or not a GK is part of a defence or not. Your last sentence is stating the obvious.

I don't disagree with you that we need better defenders too. I would like a Rb to provide cover/competition for Nyambe, plus a solid composed centre half to play alongside the more erratic Lenihan. Our left side is very on/off as well, with both Williams and Bell struggling with consistency. 

Where have I stated that I am unsure if the keeper is part of a defence. The discussion started over whether changing our keeper would solve our defensive problems. I do not believe it would. If I stated the obvious, why do you persist in arguing against it.

Edited by rigger

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

I imagine iv seen a lot more Scottish football than you without meaning to be condescending, ain’t good enough 

Having watched him when I lived in Aberdeen I agree he is not good enough 

3 hours ago, Tom Stinny said:

Instead of McKay Stevens I'd rather get Jamaal Lowe from Portsmouth at least he's done well in the English leagues. Half of the Scottish premiership would get demolished in league 1 and I don't think even Celtic would get top 6 in the championship.

Wouldn’t say poor league it’s far more competitive and feisty than the norm. look at Barton. The SPL whilst low on technicalities makes up for in heart hence Barton flopped.

on Mackay Steven he’s not good enough mentality fraigile

3 hours ago, Tom Stinny said:

I don't rate the SPL either, but it's not as bad as you suggest. Celtic are certainly better than you say. Remember when we were a good Prem club and we lost both legs in the UEFA Cup against them? 3-0 aggregate if I recall.

I doubt anybody in the SPL would get 'demolished' if they were in League One. My general impression is that the SPL ranges in standard from about lower Prem (just Celtic and sometimes Rangers) to about top half of League One.

Pukki struggled there by his own admission, but lit up the Championship.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I don't rate the SPL either, but it's not as bad as you suggest. Celtic are certainly better than you say. Remember when we were a good Prem club and we lost both legs in the UEFA Cup against them? 3-0 aggregate if I recall.

I doubt anybody in the SPL would get 'demolished' if they were in League One. My general impression is that the SPL ranges in standard from about lower Prem (just Celtic and sometimes Rangers) to about top half of League One.

You're talking about a game that happened in like 2003. The current Celtic team aren't anywhere near as strong as that team was.

Edited by RoverKyle
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Celtic reached the UEFA Cup Final after knocking us out in 2003.

Celtic didn't survive the qualifying rounds for the Champions League this season.

20 years ago, teams in the Scottish Premier used to beat English Premier League clubs in the UEFA Cup but now outside the Glasgow Old Firm, I very much doubt any Scottish club would be much above mid-table in the Championship.  Old Firm clubs are about Burnley level.

• Like 3

Positions we need this summer

Left back- martin olsson should be high up the wishlist

Cebtreback- investment needed here

Centre mid - john obi mikel out of contract hes only 31 under the right manager he could boss the midfield 

Keeper - Scott Carson another good buy on a free 

Striker- Graham cant keep doing what hes doing, this is probably where the real investment needs to be,

We dont need any more really the squad we allredy have plus a selection of experienced professionals will be more than enough to get out of this league

Edited by adz4d2
Micah richards is finished
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, adz4d2 said:

Positions we need this summer

Left back- martin olsson should be high up the wishlist

Cebtreback- investment needed here

Centre mid - john obi mikel out of contract hes only 31 under the right manager he could boss the midfield 

Keeper - Scott Carson another good buy on a free 

Striker- Graham cant keep doing what hes doing, this is probably where the real investment needs to be,

We dont need any more really the squad we allredy have plus a selection of experienced professionals will be more than enough to get out of this league

Agree entirely. Wouldn’t say Obi Mikel is the right option for centre mid though, he’ll be on big money plus he’s in the same boat as Smallwood and Evans, midfield stoppers who don’t contribute anything to the attacking third of the field, although Obi Mikel does that job better than them two I think we need too add a centre mid who can actually score a goal as the amount of goals our centre mids have scored in the last few years is horrendous too say the least. Vaulks from Rotherham would be a good signing for me, chips in with a few and works hard. I think he could be a gem at an affordable price... I think Carsons wages could be a stumbling block too, let’s see how much we want it over these next couple of months. ?