BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

3 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

Sort of makes me internally chuckle when people say that the likes of Hart, Cahill, and Obi Mikel aren't good enough for us, followed by a little shock when teams with loftier ambitions come calling for them. Reality check needed?

Obi Mikel is a superb player at this level. He completely controlled the game for 'Boro against us at Ewood not so long ago. I would say "yes" in a heartbeat, but I think even that is dreamland.

Exactly, there are certain players you would stretch the wage budget for at least for a season or two and the famous 'flex' should be a two may thing if the right instant quality is gettable.

I wouldn't want them to go after 3 or 4 like that in a big wages sh~t or bust for promotion effort but one or two added to this squad and some of the pointless deadwood that still clogs it up shifted out might not be so bad.

44 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

I assume the point is that a "better" keeper means a better shot-stopper with fewer individual mistakes in him. I'd argue that confidence in a goalkeeper probably breeds confidence in a defender, so you could easily argue that a "better" keeper would improve the defence.

Darren Peacock would have been a beast in front of Friedel. Instead, the poor pony-tailed one had Alan Fettis. Only joking - I don't think any goalkeeper could have improved that dolloper!

Peacock was still decent in the air when at Rovers that was his only remaining strength, his legs had deserted him long before.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

A pal of mine who does a bit of scouting reckons that a striker at Charlton called Taylor is worth a bid. I've forgotten his first name.

Lyle and no, seen him play a few times in Scotland , don’t think he has it

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

A pal of mine who does a bit of scouting reckons that a striker at Charlton called Taylor is worth a bid. I've forgotten his first name.

Seen him a few times. He was at Wimbledon before that. He looks decent at that level, strong and quick. I would have reservations about him being able to step up as his doesn't have a natural goal instinct and lacks composure at times. He reminds me of a poor version of Calvert lewin

Would anyone take Foderingham from Rangers as competition for Raya? He’s been number 2 there since they re-signed McGregor and there fans think very highly of him, I think he’s solid enough, wouldn’t be the worst signing we could make.

Just now, Butty said:

Would anyone take Foderingham from Rangers as competition for Raya? He’s been number 2 there since they re-signed McGregor and there fans think very highly of him, I think he’s solid enough, wouldn’t be the worst signing we could make.

Think we were strongly linked with him last summer. 

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Think we were strongly linked with him last summer. 

Is that right? Didn’t see that. I think we could do a lot lot worse than bring him in. I think any talk of Ruddy Hart or Carson may be out of our wage bracket but let’s see. 

Just now, Butty said:

We could spend 2 million more wisely. Good shot stopper, appaling kicker and for a unit not great getting the ball in the air.

56 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He's a quality player.  I first saw him for Wimbledon v Accy about 3 years ago. Bullied them to death and has a good finish.  If he's cheap enough,  worth a look. Your friend knows his onions 

We really need a recognisable first team player with Championship experience who can displace one of our current regulars.

Our squad isn’t up to it so some of our subs need to go and be replaced on the bench by some of our current starters.

• Like 8

Just now, Stuart said:

We really need a recognisable first team player with Championship experience who can displace one of our current regulars.

Our squad isn’t up to it so some of our subs need to go and be replaced on the bench by some of our current starters.

Grant?

Ben Marshall?

Leon Clarke

36 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Names then.  Gettable ones

How can anyone possibly say when Tony doesn't even know the budget

We can suggest names but gettable is anyone's guess

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

We do have a budget. They also always scout an option A, B, C etc in each position. In truth, the A’s are usually pretty unattainable because they’re expensive and usually scouted in case the club loses a Dack or Lenihan and suddenly has resources available. The budget is set in line with projected income etc. 

The difference this summer as oppose to last is that the manager is basically going to India to ask them to sanction his A targets without sales. Claiming that he can challenge for promotion if they do so whilst increasing the values of the developing players. (Highly rated Championship players sell for £15-25m) in theory.

It’s basically Tony’s moment. He’s putting his neck on the line.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

He's a quality player.  I first saw him for Wimbledon v Accy about 3 years ago. Bullied them to death and has a good finish.  If he's cheap enough,  worth a look. Your friend knows his onions 

Jeez first mackay Stevens then Lyle taylor, I think you need to aim higher big chap, neither would improve us 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Jeez first mackay Stevens then Lyle taylor, I think you need to aim higher big chap, neither would improve us 

I'm a scout, his mates a scout, we both think Taylor is a quality player.  Doesn't mean we have to buy him. Someone will and I know at least 2 championship clubs who are watching him. They must be thick too

You just rubbish everyone.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

We do have a budget. They also always scout an option A, B, C etc in each position. In truth, the A’s are usually pretty unattainable because they’re expensive and usually scouted in case the club loses a Dack or Lenihan and suddenly has resources available. The budget is set in line with projected income etc. 

The difference this summer as oppose to last is that the manager is basically going to India to ask them to sanction his A targets without sales. Claiming that he can challenge for promotion if they do so whilst increasing the values of the developing players. (Highly rated Championship players sell for £15-25m) in theory.

It’s basically Tony’s moment. He’s putting his neck on the line.

He should get the backing no bother then this time seeing as he told us last summer he was advising them not to go on a spending spree and give the lads of promotion a chance and new contracts instead.

His slow build now needs to pick up pace a little so let's hope he hasn't watered down their expectations too much.

• Like 1