BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

31 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

In the LT Sharpe said Mogga is looking at experienced players who will go straight in the 1st team. The positions he is looking at are GK, CB, CM and CF -i.e. an experienced spine. 

Tony's been browsing again.

Never in a million years is he going to get all those capable in one summer even IF there was a serious intention to do so.  Two out of four would be a good effort though but which two would he prioritise ?

13 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Everyone is a scout these days 

I have never been a Scout.

I was a Cub, managed by Arkela.

"Dyb - dyb - dyb -dyb" "We-e-e-e-ll dob-dob-dob-dob"

Actually thats a good call for TMs pre-match pep talks.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

In the LT Sharpe said Mogga is looking at experienced players who will go straight in the 1st team. The positions he is looking at are GK, CB, CM and CF -i.e. an experienced spine. 

If he's after a new spine to the team then that suggests a considerable job ahead and if he wants them to be better than what we've got and experienced at this level or higher he's going to need a lot of cash and freedom to add to the payroll.

It also undermines the 4 window building job that Mowbray and others spent all last summer referring to as here we are now seemingly needing to spend heavily down the spine of the team in one window.

Plus, TM says a lot of things.

I'd personally be amazed if we signed experienced players who will go straight into the first team in those four positions, it's just not going to happen.

11 hours ago, tomphil said:

If you can get them low cost or on loan with a view to earning a deal those types of gambles can make more sense than multi million young player gambles in my book, other clubs go this route and have some success.  Can he be any worse than dollopers like Brown, Varney etc ?

Why is that the benchmark?

De Rossi leaves Roma. Under our PL days (particularly under Sam Allardyce) that could have been a signing that would have been even slightly possible. Get a few good years out of him. 

These days? Not so much. 

And I guess we still have a big stumbling block in the owners. We have no idea what kind of money TM will have to work with in the summer. 

Gk Carson or Jordan Archer

CB Bauer and Barbet

LB Bidwell, Olsson 

RB Carl Jenkinson Rico Henry 

CM Luke Freeman, Vaulks, Whiteman

CF Lyle Taylor, Ivan Toney, Gallagher, Crouch (just kidding) Grabban

Out wide Jacob Murphy, Mo Barrow

Suggestions from the English game, plus whatever else TM and MV find on their holidays. 

• Like 1

Just now, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Gk Carson or Jordan Archer

CB Bauer and Barbet

LB Bidwell, Olsson 

RB Carl Jenkinson Rico Henry 

CM Luke Freeman, Vaulks, Whiteman

CF Lyle Taylor, Ivan Toney, Gallagher, Crouch (just kidding) Grabban

Out wide Jacob Murphy, Mo Barrow

Suggestions from the English game, plus whatever else TM and MV find on their holidays. 

Oh and Maddison 

Think I am right in thinking Jordan Archer always plays well against Rovers and I am sure he is out of contract this summer. Wouldn't be a bad free signing to challenge Raya. I would have added Harrison Reed but I feel he has a good shot at a Premier league club, apparently Norwich want him back. 

I honestly think TM will surprise us all and have an absolute blinder of a Transfer Market. 

Just now, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Think I am right in thinking Jordan Archer always plays well against Rovers and I am sure he is out of contract this summer. Wouldn't be a bad free signing to challenge Raya. I would have added Harrison Reed but I feel he has a good shot at a Premier league club, apparently Norwich want him back. 

I honestly think TM will surprise us all and have an absolute blinder of a Transfer Market. 

He does always seem like a good keeper when I've seen him. Could do far worse than this lad

• Like 2

We're gonna miss that lil ginger next season. Apparently Southampton dont have much to spend so players on the fringes like Reed might have a sniff. Either way, he'll be playing at the bottom end of the PL with Southampton/Norwich or at the top of the Championship with a promotion chasing team.

• Like 1

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

He does always seem like a good keeper when I've seen him. Could do far worse than this lad

Yea I mentioned him weeks ago, think he is a Darren Randolph type. Also Kieran Westwood stalling on a Wednesday contract due to terms offered, we should be on that one too. Ben Amos also free, always thought he looked like a pretty solid keeper, def stature wise he is imposing 

40 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Why is that the benchmark?

Imagine the uproar if I'd said Brereton for example ?  But maybe I should've said Samuel.

Fact is you can't have too many goalscorers and we need someone - a forward - on that bench who can come off it and put away a chance or two to kill games off or salvage points. At this moment in time it isn't BB and it'll never be Samuel not a good enough finisher but if you know where the net is you know where it is.

They must though actually be played or brought on in their rightful position if you want to get the best from them, something Mowbray seems alien to at times for some reason.

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Fact is you can't have too many goalscorers and we need someone - a forward - on that bench who can come off it and put away a chance or two to kill games off or salvage points.

Let's get Jordan back on loan!

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Also Kieran Westwood stalling on a Wednesday contract due to terms offered, we should be on that one too. 

Rumour is he's going to Huddersfield I believe, but would be a fantastic signing.

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

We're gonna miss that lil ginger next season. Apparently Southampton dont have much to spend so players on the fringes like Reed might have a sniff. Either way, he'll be playing at the bottom end of the PL with Southampton/Norwich or at the top of the Championship with a promotion chasing team.

So you're saying there's a chance he'll come back? ?

I don't know whether he's been out injured so long I've forgotten what he's like or whether this sun is getting to me, but couldn't a fit and firing Samuel come good for us next season..

When he first signed he looked quite clinical in front of goal and seemed to link up well with Dack. He seemed to play himself out of confidence after that, probably not helped by being shunted out wide. 

Don't know whether we're being a bit hasty writing him off already. As a side note, I've screamed from the terraces and at the tv at him more times than most I'm sure. 

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Let's get Jordan back on loan!

Rumour is he's going to Huddersfield I believe, but would be a fantastic signing.

So you're saying there's a chance he'll come back? ?

Rhodes and Hanley back would be 2 great additions. The history they have here and they have just gotten through a successful promotion campaign. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Fact is you can't have too many goalscorers and we need someone - a forward - on that bench who can come off it and put away a chance or two to kill games off or salvage points. At this moment in time it isn't BB and it'll never be Samuel not a good enough finisher but if you know where the net is you know where it is.

I think that role fits a 34/35 year old Danny Graham perfectly. A good finisher with the know-how of how to win games, whether that be getting in the positions to score, bringing others in to play or killing time/keeping the ball.

IF we sign/loan a good striker to play as our number 9 next season, with Graham being that man to play say 20 mins each week with the odd start, I think we'll be a much better outfit.

Not our absolute priority, and something that has become a bit of a headache due to the Brereton signing, but it's something we should be considering if we want to get to the next level.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

I don't know whether he's been out injured so long I've forgotten what he's like or whether this sun is getting to me, but couldn't a fit and firing Samuel come good for us next season..

When he first signed he looked quite clinical in front of goal and seemed to link up well with Dack. He seemed to play himself out of confidence after that, probably not helped by being shunted out wide. 

Don't know whether we're being a bit hasty writing him off already. As a side note, I've screamed from the terraces and at the tv at him more times than most I'm sure. 

No chance. Was not good enough at League 1 level, before a serious injury. 

38 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Rhodes and Hanley back would be 2 great additions. The history they have here and they have just gotten through a successful promotion campaign. 

Rhodes wouldn't fit the way we play. If we aren't playing 2 up top then it's a definite no no. Hanley is not the answer, he is way too hot headed and error prone. The only ex players I wouldn't mind seeing return are Olsson and Cairney. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

I think his chance to show that he could step up was with the rest of the league one squad this year. Desperately unlucky that he picked up such a bad injury, and I wish him every success in future, but I don't think that he's shown enough to be a part of our plans going forward. 

22 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

No chance. Was not good enough at League 1 level, before a serious injury. 

I'm just playing devil's advocate. Although he was largely played out of position to be fair to him. 

In my head he isn't good enough for where we want to be though. 

3 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

I think his chance to show that he could step up was with the rest of the league one squad this year. Desperately unlucky that he picked up such a bad injury, and I wish him every success in future, but I don't think that he's shown enough to be a part of our plans going forward. 

I think you're probably right there. If Mowbray is really throwing sentiment to one side this summer, the likes of Smallwood and Samuel will be out of the door soon enough.

• Like 1

Just now, RoverKyle said:

I'm just playing devil's advocate. Although he was largely played out of position to be fair to him. 

In my head he isn't good enough for where we want to be though. 

I think you're probably right there. If Mowbray is really throwing sentiment to one side this summer, the likes of Smallwood and Samuel will be out of the door soon enough.

I agree that he has some pretty good aspects to his game. He'll never make a winger, but he does travel with the ball quite well. Above average pace & power, can finish when he's having a good day. Could feasibly by a championship starter one day, but not there yet sadly. Definitely needs a year or so playing consistently and staying injury free.

Funnily enough, I wouldn't be in a hurry to show most of our soon-to-be-squaddies the door unless they actively wanted to go, but I think Samuel is probably one that should be let go for his sake and ours. If we're playing one out and out striker, we have Graham, BB, Nutall,Samuel, Butterworth, almost certainly at least one addition going for one starting spot, and Armstrong has said that he wants to move there down the line too. Having samuel around will mean that either he literally won't get a kick, or would get in the place of one of the younger lads. Either way, I think it's the wrong call for both parties for him to stay, and would be damaging in a way that keeping Smallwood/Williams etc. wouldn't be in my view. 

• Like 1