BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

1 hour ago, rigger said:

People were complaining when the retained list was not published, now, it is not liked, so more complaints. I wish people would accept, at the moment we are a mid-table championship side, and we should set our targets accordingly.

Acceptance = operation dumbimg down complete...

57 minutes ago, tomphil said:

He's already said in the LT Gladwin isn't a football decision which translates as he feels sorry for him and probably wouldn't like to see him end up on the scrapheap. Fair enough if he feels some responsibility he brought him here and it would be his call to let him go, maybe he should personally foot the bill then ?

We are carrying too many like this in recent years and it never works out because by and large they are either old and busted when they arrive or were poor players whether they are fully fit or not. Gladwin fits into that mould and as paying fans I think most would want his wages going towards someone who can contribute and as I've said before what if we end up not being able to stretch another five grand per week to a good centre half who might come ?

Deadwood weights you down and if he ended up on the bench in his quest for fitness and so the manager can get him in the window to be fixed up elsewhere but he's keeping one of our own youngsters out or someone more capable even worse !

Agree with this point. It's okay going with the idea of trying to give the guy some sort of career and income and many will say it wouldn't be right to boot these types of players out the door but think of it in another way.

In extending a contract for someone who can't offer what's needed just to prolong their career here. You are directly ending a career of a young academy player who might be ready to run through walls to get their chance.

Blackburn Rovers owe no player a career. Not from your Dacks to your Gladwins. If you play and are employed by the club then you contribute in someway or another.

As for the previous poster stating that we should be out next year with the team we've got. We were in a 10+ losing run which took us from top 6 to near bottom 3. We will be near relegated next year if improvements are not made.

• Like 3

Only logic I can see is that in telling everyone that we're in talks with him we're hoping someone with a vague interest will come along and offer us some cash to step aside and allow them in on a free transfer. Seems like a lot of effort for minimal return but after some of the stuff I've heard it wouldn't surprise me.

I've no issue with Rodwell and Conway being in talks for new deals. Rodwell can at least compete at this level and is a decent option for us in CM. Conway, although not at the level he once was, still proved this season that he can fill in and do a job when called upon. As a squad player, I see no issue with him as long as we are offering reduced terms. 

Leutwiler and Gladwin are the funny ones. Leutwiler staying surely kills off any need for a new GK. Why would we pay 3 senior GK's.. Even when fit, I can't imagine Gladwin getting on the bench for us, as we've seen nothing from him so far bar a horrendous miss against Plymouth.

• Like 4

Just now, RoverKyle said:

I've no issue with Rodwell and Conway being in talks for new deals. Rodwell can at least compete at this level and is a decent option for us in CM. Conway, although not at the level he once was, still proved this season that he can fill in and do a job when called upon. As a squad player, I see no issue with him as long as we are offering reduced terms. 

Leutwiler and Gladwin are the funny ones. Leutwiler staying surely kills off any need for a new GK. Why would we pay 3 senior GK's.. Even when fit, I can't imagine Gladwin getting on the bench for us, as we've seen nothing from him so far bar a horrendous miss against Plymouth.

Well Conway sends all the wrong signals for me...

• Like 4

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

Leutwiler 1 year extension activated....taken up by the club...

Talks ongoing with Conway, Gladwin and Rodwell....

Downing on his way....

I honestly don't know if your joking or not. I hope you are

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

Leutwiler 1 year extension activated....taken up by the club...

Talks ongoing with Conway, Gladwin and Rodwell....

Downing on his way....

Get your season tickets now , be careful you don't get trampled in the rush ! What a joke, Rodwell is the only one of those that will contribute anything next season.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, tugay5 said:

For what it’s worth , I have a friend of a friend who’s a football agent. He reckons if a player has a long term injury  and his contract runs out his current club has a legal obligation to keep them employed until they are fit enough to sign for another club. This includes providing them the facilities eg gym physio etc to in affect be able to earn a living again. This may be total rubbish however may explain the gladwin situation. It cannot be a footballing decision anyway !!

I think your pal is right but how long is this situation allowed to go on  ?  He's been out for 18 months now without him being seriously injured initially. I seem to remember his last game was at Rochdale in that egg cup we were in and as far as I can recall he didn't get injured in that game. He's either got to be fit enough to play or retire if the injury isn't responding to treatment.

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I believe this is close to the truth.  Playing the game is Tony. Knows full well the happy clappers at ewood are a few years away from wanting him out no matter what happens next season. Why would he rock the boat ?

The ‘happy clappers’ (normal people) are genuinely a few years away from wanting him out because basically he’s done a bloody good job ???

It’s also pretty clear that when a manager finishes 15th and immediately states he wants more money and promotion the year after that he’s NOT afraid to rock the boat. I’d say that his statements since the end of the season are pretty much the epitome of rocking said boat!? 

• Like 1

Just now, Paul Mani said:

The ‘happy clappers’ (normal people) are genuinely a few years away from wanting him out because basically he’s done a bloody good job ???

It’s also pretty clear that when a manager finishes 15th and immediately states he wants more money and promotion the year after that he’s NOT afraid to rock the boat. I’d say that his statements since the end of the season are pretty much the epitome of rocking said boat!? 

Statements in the Telegraph are one thing. Actions another. Talk is cheap and easy, spending and recruiting well isn't. 

• Like 4

Just now, JHRover said:

Statements in the Telegraph are one thing. Actions another. Talk is cheap and easy, spending and recruiting well isn't. 

You’re talking about different things. This is not a discussion about whether or not we’ll actually sign the players. The point made was that TM is playing a game and ‘not rocking the boat’ in order to prolong his employment....my point is that anyone in that mould wouldn’t bring expectation and pressure on themselves by announcing that he wants more money for a promotion push next season! (This is what rocking the boat is).

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Not a meltdown at all, well done sir.

Very worrying signs about TM's intent for the window. If you disagree, elucidate in the form of a counter-argument instead of having a pop.

TM will make some good signings and some shitters, that's pretty obvious given all the windows he's had at Rovers. I find keeping this in mind will help you not to lose your shit when your hear rumoured negotiations with a squad player in mid May. 

• Moderation Lead
3 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

You’re talking about different things. This is not a discussion about whether or not we’ll actually sign the players. The point made was that TM is playing a game and ‘not rocking the boat’ in order to prolong his employment....my point is that anyone in that mould wouldn’t bring expectation and pressure on themselves by announcing that he wants more money for a promotion push next season! (This is what rocking the boat is).

Hasn’t he already said he is aiming for top 2 next season?

Edited by K-Hod

Just now, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

TM will make some good signings and some shitters, that's pretty obvious given all the windows he's had at Rovers. I find keeping this in mind will help you not to lose your shit when your hear rumoured negotiations with a squad player in mid May. 

Of course, you win some, you lose some, was ever thus.

But to enter negotiations with some of the existing losers is just unfathomable. Contract runs out and they move on.

• Like 1