BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

When we next see Gladwin missing an open goal from 3 yards I think we would all do well to stop calling him a useless **** and instead consider Tony's 'human values'. 

What’s the difference between Gladwin and Brereton?

£7m.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

If they were already here he didn't buy them, he inherited them. 

So if he’s here for 10 years and plays an 18 year old.

He “inherited” that 8 year old? No credit?

They weren’t in the first team

• Like 2

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

TBF Rodwell is versatile. He's shite in every position. 

I certainly wouldn't be pushing the boat out for him at all it would be safer retaining him for another 12 months on the terms he's on with the option of a roll on. 

2 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

The fact that we are in talks over extending the stay's of Gladwin and Conway say to me that we either we have a very poor budget or it is Mowbray again failing to be ruthless. 

People said the same about Conway 12 months ago, and it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that he’ll go on to do some coaching here - has always been an exemplary professional, I can only see it as a negative if we don’t add to the squad.

As for Gladwin - it’s impossible to judge someone who’s had so little time un-injured. Once again this comes down to additions. If TM wants to keep for 6 more months, I trust his judgement.

If these two stay, and we don’t add players - will be very depressing! Since it’s not August yet, I’ll stay in my pram.

• Like 1

The Gladwin situation reminds me a bit of the Jansen one 15-17 years ago (Christ, that's scary) apart from the fact that without sounding awful, we owe him nothing as he has given the club no service. I do wonder if there is an insurance payment due to us though, so we haven't lost much on him so far?  I just can't see a penny-pinching club like ours being charitable to the tune of thousands a week.

• Like 1

Just now, Pedro said:

The Gladwin situation reminds me a bit of the Jansen one 15-17 years ago (Christ, that's scary) apart from the fact that without sounding awful, we owe him nothing as he has given the club no service. I do wonder if there is an insurance payment due to us though, so we haven't lost much on him so far?  I just can't see a penny-pinching club like ours being charitable to the tune of thousands a week.

Was going to mention this before as I wonder if when guys like him are out long term does insurance cover their wages ?  You'd like to think so but football is an odd beast.

Remember Martin Dahlin ?

Edited by tomphil

So far absolutely no signs that a mass clear-out is coming.

In other words, so far no signs of improvement, no signs we have any reason to hope for something better next season.

TM must explain the situation.

• Like 1

Just now, Mr. E said:

In other words, so far no signs of improvement, no signs we have any reason to hope for something better next season.

He's made room for a 4th choice centre half quit yer moaning.. ?

Just now, tomphil said:

He's made room for a 4th choice centre half quit yer moaning.. ?

And a second choice development keeper having let Albinson go.

I’m with Mr E on this one.

Mowbray made a bold statement of intent last week and his first opportunity to show us that he meant it he hasn’t done. Out with the old - including a non-committal Rodwell - should have been the message loud and clear.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

So if he’s here for 10 years and plays an 18 year old.

He “inherited” that 8 year old? No credit?

They weren’t in the first team

261EBD47-51CC-45D1-9FB6-31BF67782C2D.jpeg

• Like 1

He did also say he's not booting anyone out either or forcing anyone to leave just giving them the opportunity to find their own way out if they want to.

Not the ruthless type at all so he's unlikely to start now and if the owners and co don't lay any demands of the top 6 and don't issue a larger budget than last season and are happy with stability then he's got one of the best jobs in football at the min. Far from the basket case club some still perceive us to be.....for now.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Well Conway sends all the wrong signals for me...

I get the argument for moving on and that he could block the pathway for any youngsters in that position. However if these lads can't get in ahead of him, then they probably aren't good enough. 

If it's a question of him being selected ahead of them regardless of form and quality, then that's an issue with our manager and staff, not Conway. Which is a much deeper issue than signing on a squad player for another 12 months. 

50 minutes ago, Mr. E said:

He’s explained it at least five times that I’ve read or listened to: contracts will be honoured, ergo no-one on a contract will be forced out. There never was going to be a mass clear-out.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, tomphil said:

He did also say he's not booting anyone out either or forcing anyone to leave just giving them the opportunity to find their own way out if they want to.

Not the ruthless type at all so he's unlikely to start now and if the owners and co don't lay any demands of the top 6 and don't issue a larger budget than last season and are happy with stability then he's got one of the best jobs in football at the min. Far from the basket case club some still perceive us to be.....for now.

cosy eh?

So we're going to end up with a bloated squad contrary to what the manager has only just been saying recently about us not being to sign player after player. How on earth does Samuel and Gladwin fit into the picture for minutes? Especially when it's likely another forward will be coming in. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

He’s explained it at least five times that I’ve read or listened to: contracts will be honoured, ergo no-one on a contract will be forced out. There never was going to be a mass clear-out.

You've misunderstood him 5 times. Mowbray can't force anyone out who's on contract, it isn't his choice to make. What he's actually said is contracted players may leave once he's explained they aren't part of his plans. 

Chances are those players we are negotiating with have been offered massively reduced terms if they want to extend their stay. If they stay the wage bill goes down for some squad fillers, if they go we reinvest. 

One thing that I’m thinking about the JL deal is maybe he will cash in on Raya and bring in another number one with JL as back up. 

new GK - Leutwiler

new defender - he will buy one to replace Downing.

new midfielder - we have plenty on long term contracts so not expecting anything.

new winger - Chapman and Conway (mix of youth and experience we need to get out of this "men's league").

new striker - Samuel (this window's "like a new signing") & Gladwin (already being saved as January's "like a new signing").

WHAT A TOTAL BAG OF SHIT TONY !

6 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Nor should there be, since were trying to build a squad to go up.

Just now, OldEwoodBlue said:

new GK - Leutwiler

new defender - he will buy one to replace Downing.

new midfielder - we have plenty on long term contracts so not expecting anything.

new winger - Chapman and Conway (mix of youth and experience we need to get out of this "men's league").

new striker - Samuel (this window's "like a new signing") & Gladwin (already being saved as January's "like a new signing").

WHAT A TOTAL BAG OF SHIT TONY !

The window hasn’t even opened yet and your assumption that’s all we are going to do is a ridiculous overreaction.

At least give it till end of July before you join the pitchfork brigade 

• Like 1