BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

He isn't good enough for this league....how on earth is that burning bridges?

Not good enough to start every week for a team that goes up. Can still contribute as a squaddie and good influence on a young squad imo. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Welbeck is an English international who won't have issues finding a new club. It's not comparable to Gladwin. 

You’re obviously a more charitable man than me.

The only loyalty TM should have when it comes to new contracts is to the club.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, JHRover said:

If I picked up an injury that prevented me from being able to do my job between now and Christmas 2020, yet I still received full salary and benefits between then and now, I would not expect my employer to offer to keep me on any longer than they had to. I would understand that 18 months of full pay and benefits was more than honourable and that my employer didn't owe me any more.

Plus the possible prospect of an insurance pay out which is surely covered under a professional players contract.

From Sharpe

Would expect about 6-7 signings.

Think they will look for a goalkeeper, (at least one) central defender, (at least one) central midfielder and a striker. Wouldn't rule out a right back either.

So plenty of work to do!

As for Mulgrew, central defenders will come in, he will be part of the plans, unless he asks to leave.

• Like 1

Rich Sharpe today thinks that we’ll keep hold of Dack.

I was thinking that they (Mowbray and Waggot) were hoping to sell him and use the money to build and change system.

Will all depend on what they hear in India, whether addition money is available or whether we need to sell Dack to fund transfers.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Why will he only cost £16,000? And how do you know it will be only till January?

I am guessing how much the deal will cost. Do you know something different? 

Because Mowbray said he is out til January and the situation will be looked at then. 

If Sharpe thinks we are still after a keeper. Maybe the plan is to have Leutwiler as third choice and allow Fisher to out on loan again, with Albinson released as he's not going to make the grade. Then the new keeper and Raya will compete for the number 1 shirt.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

From Sharpe

Would expect about 6-7 signings.

Think they will look for a goalkeeper, (at least one) central defender, (at least one) central midfielder and a striker. Wouldn't rule out a right back either.

So plenty of work to do!

As for Mulgrew, central defenders will come in, he will be part of the plans, unless he asks to leave.

No left back on that list which is a shame.

• Like 1

He won't be taking up a squad place as he won't be fit until January. The deal will cost around €16,000 til January. 

£16,000 could go towards something the club will benefit from.

A contract even for 6 months (do they even do 6 month deals these days?) is 24 weeks. If he's on £2k per week that's going to end up more than £50k before anything else gets going. For what purpose? To be nice? Or because Mowbray thinks he might be good enough to fire us to the Premier League? Or because his bosses might not be too impressed if he walks away for nothing after 2 years of a wage so he has to try and get something back from it?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Fair enough you wouldn't expect them to, but it would be nice if they did, no? I would imagine it would leave the company with one loyal employee. 

I have worked in HR for over 10 years, both in both Irish and multi-national companies. The multi-nationals are ruthless and would have someone out the door, Irish companies would be more likely to support the persons return. Either way, you need to make sure your ducks are in line so as not to be opened up the legal proceedings, if the person is depressed for example. I don't see why a football club shouldn't try and do the right thing by a person, particularly a family club and the fact it will cost peanuts. 

The leaps some are making in linking this decent gesture to what our budget will be is just mad stuff really. 

If you want to attract high quality employees you better as hell make sure that current ones are treated very well.

The cost will be minimal, but our conduct won't go unnoticed amongst fellow professionals.

An accidental work injury is not the fault of the employee and is one of the most important times to ensure that you look after your staff.

Businesses should have morals.

• Like 2

He won't be taking up a squad place as he won't be fit until January. The deal will cost around €16,000 til January. 

2 years since his last game almost by the time he’s fit? Not a word uttered on his progress? Does that not strike you as strange? 

• Like 1

I am guessing how much the deal will cost. Do you know something different? 

Because Mowbray said he is out til January and the situation will be looked at then. 

I would presume he would expect to be paid more than 16 grand in 6 months!

• Like 1

Just now, JHRover said:

A contract even for 6 months (do they even do 6 month deals these days?) is 24 weeks. If he's on £2k per week that's going to end up more than £50k before anything else gets going. For what purpose? To be nice? Or because Mowbray thinks he might be good enough to fire us to the Premier League? Or because his bosses might not be too impressed if he walks away for nothing after 2 years of a wage so he has to try and get something back from it?

16k plus pensions employers NI and insurance so easily more than 16k 

Just now, JHRover said:

Or €25, 000 if on 1k per week for 6 months.

Ya, I think it's pretty much just to be nice. Imagine. 

9 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Plus the possible prospect of an insurance pay out which is surely covered under a professional players contract.

Which will also have covered the clubs costs too.

Or €25, 000 if on 1k per week for 6 months.

Ya, I think it's pretty much just to be nice. Imagine. 

I'd rather we focused our efforts on getting promoted asap and with it sorting out our crippling finances which could jeopardise the future of the club than spent our time worrying about being nice and 'doing the right thing'. Good old Rovers eh. Do the right thing, don't break any pots or upset anyone, just carry on being nice and sign/keep players to help them out rather than the club.

• Like 2