BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Stuart said:

He was a good player for us though, and he wielded his large head like a fucking Mjolnir.

Word of the Day goes to Stuart ...Mjolnir ..the one and only time such word has been used as a footballing term !

(had to google it though lol)

• Like 1

Just now, HowieFive0 said:

Word of the Day goes to Stuart ...Mjolnir ..the one and only time such word has been used as a footballing term !

(had to google it though lol)

:lol:

Just now, Stuart said:

So which player has a song sung by his own fans about how shit he is?

”Good” is a subjective term. In football terms I view that as being very effective not necessarily their football skills. Smallwood was exactly that.

I didn’t say that fans sing about ‘shit’ players...I said they don’t exclusively sing about players based on how good they are. Fans love players for many reasons. Sometimes it’s because they player is amazing, sometimes it’s because the fan base naturally warm to them (like Chapman) and sometimes they love them because the player cares and this resonates with them (like Bennett and Smallwood).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

We don’t know who we’re signing though...

Hypothetically speaking seeing as we are linked.......

To be honest i'd have a fit Frank Fielding over the other two all day I thought he was a decent keeper for this level and better than Raya at the same age as he is now. Sadly he's another now though with a worn body and carrying some serious injury baggage so he'd be a pretty pointless signing.

From a football angle anyway but from a human element we'd be being nice again I suppose.

12 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Is absolutely love us to sign Ajayi from Rotherham btw. Absolute beast. 

Most times i've seen Rotherham this season he's played as a holding midfielder (and played well) and we don't play with a midfield anchor. I assume if we were interested it'd be as a CB. Is he any good at Centre Back?

39 minutes ago, Stuart said:

So which player has a song sung by his own fans about how shit he is?

”Good” is a subjective term. In football terms I view that as being very effective not necessarily their football skills. Smallwood was exactly that.

Think the 'Mokoena's going to break your legs' song had references to how he can't shoot or pass. In fairness, it didn't really catch on.

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

I didn’t say that fans sing about ‘shit’ players...I said they don’t exclusively sing about players based on how good they are. Fans love players for many reasons. Sometimes it’s because they player is amazing, sometimes it’s because the fan base naturally warm to them (like Chapman) and sometimes they love them because the player cares and this resonates with them (like Bennett and Smallwood).

We had a song about Mokoena and he was definitely shit. 

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

We had a song about Mokoena and he was definitely shit. 

He wasn’t a gifted footballer but he didn’t half commit to tackles. He was certainly no Herold Goulon! Remember the song about him??

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

He wasn’t a gifted footballer but he didn’t half commit to tackles. He was certainly no Herold Goulon! Remember the song about him??

It's all relative - he'd walk into our current side, as would anyone from the Premier League years (except Andrews and Pedersen).

I can't recall the lyrics, but it was to the tune of La Macarena, obviously. 

• Like 1

It's all relative - he'd walk into our current side, as would anyone from the Premier League years (except Andrews and Pedersen).

There was a song to the tune of Johnny Goes Marching Home which had lots of na, na, na's but the lyrics were 'Mokoena's gonna break your legs' which I took to be a dark compliment to his ability to kick and hurt opponents.

Anyone except Andrews and Pedersen ???

You have a selective and short memory 

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

wash your mouth out.  Mokoena was a warrior for us and we could do with his like right now to show these soft arses what's what.  I remember a game at the DW and he totally kicked Wigans midfield all over the park and we won

Loved the Axe horrendous passer but a bloody good tackler, had a gimpy run but got all over the pitch. Fa cup semi against Chelsea he was everywhere. 

• Like 5

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Just a particular dislike for those two! 

But let's be honest our team these days is very, very poor in comparison.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Andrews wouldn’t walk into our side he really was horrendous, but the Pedersen of 2004-2008 would walk into all the premier league sides currently outside the top six never mind a mid table championship team! 

• Like 7

Just a particular dislike for those two! 

But let's be honest our team these days is very, very poor in comparison.

Just now, Butty said:

Andrews wouldn’t walk into our side he really was horrendous, but the Pedersen of 2004-2008 would walk into all the premier league sides currently outside the top six never mind a mid table championship team! 

There is a much longer list of worse players from our Premier league years than those two.

Obviously we had some great players too, the likes of which we could only dream of having now. christ, i just read a tweet from Stephen Warnock there, would love him left back now. 

Just now, Butty said:

Johan Vogel, Yildiary Basturk, Bruno Berner would get in ahead ?

13 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

Fielding is also a former England international, rather than just a former England under-21 international. Carson; Hart; Fielding... I think some writers have been guessing who this former England international goalkeeper is.

He never played at England level, and I'll admit I missed a beat on the retained list down at Bristol City, but to be honest it was mainly because I was using Transfermarkt/Wiki for my facts etc. 

What do you reckon anyway? You think FF is good enough? I can't see it being a good enough option to push Raya anymore than JL did this season to be honest.

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

That man was proper shite, wasn't he? Had a look at his wikipedia stats, according to that he's played 150 career games. For 11 different teams. Since 2006.