BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

3 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Just a particular dislike for those two! 

But let's be honest our team these days is very, very poor in comparison.

so there are people out there who actually dont like MGP ? 
dont want to be annoying or anything, but - what for? if I might ask..

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, rickard said:

That man was proper shite, wasn't he? Had a look at his wikipedia stats, according to that he's played 150 career games. For 11 different teams. Since 2006. 

Not great, it sounds like the record of the sort of goalkeeper who make careers out being reserves.

I was looking at Alex Manninger's wiki a few days ago, who was inexplicably still playing (sort of) until 2017. Over his career, he's had 5 clubs who he didn't even play for!

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

Pederson would walk into this team. Really struggling to understand why anyone would dislike him. He always speaks highly of the club and put in some excellent performances. He did tail off towards the end but from start to finish he was a good successful signing and one that I enjoyed watching. Some of his goals where outstanding. When was the last time we saw someone score goals of his quality

But who would take the frees, him or Mulgrew? 

• Backroom
5 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

wash your mouth out.  Mokoena was a warrior for us and we could do with his like right now to show these soft arses what's what.  I remember a game at the DW and he totally kicked Wigans midfield all over the park and we won

I’m sure he scored a wicked long range goal vs Sunderland once at Ewood? Feel like it was Givet’s debut for us, so January 2010?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HowieFive0 said:

Word of the Day goes to Stuart ...Mjolnir ..the one and only time such word has been used as a footballing term !

(had to google it though lol)

WTF is it

38 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I’m sure he scored a wicked long range goal vs Sunderland once at Ewood? Feel like it was Givet’s debut for us, so January 2010?

Jan 09 I think, just after Big Sam came in, yep great goal that. Also scored a nice finish v City in the FA Cup quarter final in 2007. A great long pass for a Pedersen goal v I think Southampton a couple of years earlier also comes to mind. He definitely wasn't the most graceful on the ball (though who would be when often next to Tugay?) but he had his moments!

Him and Nelsen were massive signings by Hughes in his first transfer window, it was around then that we gained the 'bully boys' tag which I loved. That team would knock the current one into the middle of next week.

As we signed better players The Axe started fewer games but he still had a good role to play for us. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Most times i've seen Rotherham this season he's played as a holding midfielder (and played well) and we don't play with a midfield anchor. I assume if we were interested it'd be as a CB. Is he any good at Centre Back?

Think he’s naturally a CB...6ft 6, absolute giant

We wont sign either of those.

Ive always thought that forward Marquiz at Doncaster would be worth a look, plays up on his own and scores a load of goals for them

I'd be looking at him over Whiteman, he just strikes me as a younger Evans.

• Like 1

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

I hope Doncaster win. Be nice to see them celebrate after they where so welcoming why we did it

You obviously didn't get soaked by the sprinklers then ????

• Like 1

I don’t think Whiteman or Aribo are promotion chasing championship players. Bauer looks decent...

I retract the Bauer comment. His defending for that goal was shocking!! 

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 2