BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Bauer showed exactly why we shouldn't and probably won't be after him during that Donny equaliser. Beaten in the air by someone about a foot shorter than him. Too busy trying to claim a foul.

I've been impressed by Whiteman so far. Quietly going about his business but his passing looks accurate and he does play it forward a bit too. 

• Like 2

Forget Bauer we didn't move for him when maybe we should have and he didn't force the move he signed a new deal down there and now thinks he's worth 40/50k pwk !!!!

In that time he's done another season in league one whilst we've got promoted and finished midtable a league above.

His rep on here has probably got overblown because of our continued defensive frailties but is he really that good ?

Edited by tomphil

• Backroom

Danny Williams released by Huddersfield as well, I thought Payne left them permanently last year to be fair!

Just now, OnePhilT said:

Just reading up a bit about Jack Payne, and although I wouldn't have been averse to him signing for us last summer, it sounds like Mowbray made the right call.

Strange old career that lad. Seemed to be a favourite for Huddersfield as they won promotion. Then gets loaned out to Oxford down in League One before joining us. Then goes back to League One at Bradford where I've not heard or seen much of him as they got relegated.

EDIT - sounds like he might be joining Barnsley now Huddersfield have released him.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

Boaz Myhill been released by W Brom today... could do worse as competition for Raya?

That's what we should be looking at but I don't think Mowbray sees it as priority and there's no sell on value increase in a signing like plus he'll want real wages.  Being linked with Fielding and the like suggests they just want cheap back up to increase competition for places but pose no real threat long term just keep Raya on his toes.

21 minutes ago, Tom said:

Danny Williams released by Huddersfield as well, I thought Payne left them permanently last year to be fair!

Mentioned him on here a couple of weeks back, I’d have him here definitely! 

Whitman neat holding position well, good accurate passing and one phenomenal tackle upfield which should have made a goal. Nerveless penalty too. But in a game like that too quiet to be potential championship promotion material.

Bauer out muscled and out jumped for Doncaster second and utterly AWOL for the third. No thanks.

• Like 2

I admire the delusion that the manager whose team conceded more away goals than any other league club in England last season is somehow going to get us promoted next season. It's best enjoyed within the context that he's been here 2-and-a-half years and he's yet to sign a good defender or keeper. 

Batshit crazy. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, skous18 said:

so there are people out there who actually dont like MGP ? 
dont want to be annoying or anything, but - what for? if I might ask..

I disliked the hype he got - I called him a Match of the Day player. Scored a few crackers every season, which got on tv (when we had our obligatory 20 second highlights at the end of MOTD) and glossed over what a limited player he was. 

• Like 3

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

I disliked the hype he got - I called him a Match of the Day player. Scored a few crackers every season, which got on tv (when we had our obligatory 20 second highlights at the end of MOTD) and glossed over what a limited player he was. 

Under Allardyce he was very handy with the dead balls and throw ins and he was a fit lad who worked hard doing those put in open play he became pretty useless once Hughes left for some reason.

Just now, tomphil said:

Under Allardyce he was very handy with the dead balls and throw ins and he was a fit lad who worked hard doing those put in open play he became pretty useless once Hughes left for some reason.

As I said it's mostly an irrational dislike (although he was too slow to be played out left in a 4 and not good enough on the ball to be played centrally) -  he'd be our best player by a country mile at the moment. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, philipl said:

Whitman neat holding position well, good accurate passing and one phenomenal tackle upfield which should have made a goal. Nerveless penalty too. But in a game like that too quiet to be potential championship promotion material.

At 22 I thought a composed performance in a great game. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Got to say, his goal stats don't particularly inspire me. We sorely need more goals from midfield. 3 this season in League One doesn't scream that he's the answer. 6 the season before, granted.

Wiki says he is an attacking midfielder and describes himself as box to box. I'd expect more than three in League One from either role. Maybe you can shed more light?

3 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Got to say, his goal stats don't particularly inspire me. We sorely need more goals from midfield. 3 this season in League One doesn't scream that he's the answer. 6 the season before, granted.

Wiki says he is an attacking midfielder and describes himself as box to box. I'd expect more than three in League One from either role. Maybe you can shed more light?

To be honest I have not been inspired by either the Whiteman or Vaulks links.

6 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

I admire the delusion that the manager whose team conceded more away goals than any other league club in England last season is somehow going to get us promoted next season. It's best enjoyed within the context that he's been here 2-and-a-half years and he's yet to sign a good defender or keeper. 

Batshit crazy. 

No one on here is suggesting that we are going up next season. We’re judging players based upon the manager and clubs expectations of going up. That’s completely different. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I agree. But he wasn’t pulling up any trees. I feel like Evans could pull off a performance like that in League 1. He is only 22 so he has time but with Travis and Davenport in that position already I thought we were after a more ‘ready made’ option..

• Like 1

Just now, Paul Mani said:

I agree. But he wasn’t pulling up any trees. I feel like Evans could pull off a performance like that in League 1. He is only 22 so he has time but with Travis and Davenport in that position already I thought we were after a more ‘ready made’ option..

On reflection, Whiteman struck me as a very Mowbray type of player in doing his job, holding his position and as far as I could tell not making any errors in a high pressure frenetic game.

What I did like was the speed with which he kept the ball moving - all one touch or rapid two touch and the accuracy of his passing, much of which was half a pitch width or more.

A step up on Evans and Smallwood but a big enough step?

• Like 1

Cannot delete so will add another thought/

Yes I am suggesting we should be in the promotion mix next season.

We showed enough signs of being good enough last season. 

Edited by philipl

And I also think Mowbray can do it for us.

As well as being very decent, Mowbray strikes me as someone who watches and learns.

Yes too conservative in his selections for my taste and has been guilty last season of losing games from the Manager's area but has enough about him to have won promotion to the Premier League before.

Edited by philipl