BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

35 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

He was far from a MOTD player.  MGP had the Premier League record for most distance covered in a game for a long long time.

His impact, on the surface, seemed to dip when Warnock arrived at LB. However Warnock was in all honestly a liability at full back (watch the DVD Season reviews), yet was able to get away with a lot of it due to the amazing defensive work that both MGP and ironically Mokoena did in covering him.

That Welsh bully from Cardiff was (apparently) disgusting and relentless towards MGP the season he was resurrecting his career at Ewood. Didn't help he was also made "fan" scapegoat #1 for about 3 years.

MGP was a loyal, outstanding footballer for our football club, and this quote tells you all you need to know...

Morten Gamst Pedersen (May, 2011),: "The eleven who are so lucky that they get the honor to represent the proud blue and white shirt with the beautiful red rose will fight as if it was about life. For that is what it is all about, the life of the club in our hearts! Blackburn Rovers are not lucky because they have good players on the team, good players are lucky because they play for Blackburn Rovers. COYB!"

Rant over...

Love MGP and Benni Mc always hi I given that’s our recent success why they don’t get them over for a night dinner charity talk

14 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Conway has signed an extension and we have Chapman...apart from that, completely agree.

But Conway isn’t going to playing much, if at all, and Chapman again will probably start on the bench. 

Just now, JacknOry said:

Guess so - there is a new thread on it. Not actually seen for myself though.

Not yet he hasn't. He's been offered terms or is in discussions over a new deal and is thinking it over whilst also being free to talk to other clubs. Pen hasn't touched paper yet.

Just now, JHRover said:

Not yet he hasn't. He's been offered terms or is in discussions over a new deal and is thinking it over whilst also being free to talk to other clubs. Pen hasn't touched paper yet.

Oh, well the other thread is a little premature then. 

24 minutes ago, JoeHarvey said:

Olsson/Routledge do scream "championship experience" which is what TM has been going on about for a few weeks now. I'd worry about wages, but I'd have said the same about Jack Rodwell last season and it seems he isn't earning too much. 

Olsson for me would slot straight in at left-back no questions asked, Bell isn't anywhere near there yet for me, and Williams has to be seen as a centre-back after his excellent displays there.

Routledge would be great because he'd be an actual out-and-out winger, because without Conway, we don't really have one of those these days. (which is such a shame considering our exploits of the 4-4-2, with REAL wingers, crossing the ball into JR and RG)

Wayne Routledge is 34 and has lost much of the pace he had earlier in his career.

Olsson has been injured for a while with an achilles injury.

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

https://www.westlondonsport.com/brentford/brentford-in-talks-to-sign-blackburn-rovers-man

Maybe why Big Jase has had his extension activated?

Or more likely just a load of nonesense.

Well I’d want at least 6 million plus a HUGE sell on clause because I think a few years from now Raya will be an absolute star. This would be almost on par with selling Cairney too Fulham in terms of stupidity for me.. Raya is nowhere near the finished article yet and when he is we won’t be fielding bids from Brentford that’s for sure! 

• Like 2

Just now, Angry_Pirate said:

Selling Raya would be up there with the most stupid decisions this club has made in 10 years!

Quote me on this!

Yep I wouldn’t be happy one bit. Keeping Jayson yet letting Raya go? Sane decision is to let Jayson go and get in a decent experienced GK to help mentor Raya. Will be peeved off if this happens.

• Like 1

Just now, Butty said:

Well I’d want at least 6 million plus a HUGE sell on clause because I think a few years from now Raya will be an absolute star. This would be almost on par with selling Cairney too Fulham in terms of stupidity for me.. Raya is nowhere near the finished article yet and when he is we won’t be fielding bids from Brentford that’s for sure! 

I think he could go either way.

He is capable of a world but other than that is very average. Poor kicking and doesn’t command his box at all.

I actually feel a bit sorry for him. He has been let down in terms of competition and coaching, with both the number 2 and gk coach devoid of experience. The lad is practically self-taught. I imagine he spends an awful lot of time watching videos.

Just now, Butty said:

Too sentimental mate, cost us a load of points last season 

• Like 4

Just now, Stuart said:

I think he could go either way.

He is capable of a world but other than that is very average. Poor kicking and doesn’t command his box at all.

I actually feel a bit sorry for him. He has been let down in terms of competition and coaching, with both the number 2 and gk coach devoid of experience. The lad is practically self-taught. I imagine he spends an awful lot of time watching videos.

That’s what I mean, he’s still very raw but I believe he’ll be a top class keeper one day. I’m not against bringing another keeper in as competition who might even be better than Raya at this moment in time but don’t let the lad go and keep Leut as number two. That would be a poor move. 

• Like 1

Sky sports are running with the Raya story.

Saying that Rovers have said talks are at an informal stage.

It would be silly selling him on to Brentford you don't really pay big money.

If he is going hope we have better than Hart or Fielding lined up

• Moderation Lead
23 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I am sure TM said Rays was his number 1 so he won’t be sold.

i see the summer disease is well and truly rabid on this site again. When will some learn to chill out?

???

What disease? There was an article in the news that people are remarking on, what’s the issue with that?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Angry_Pirate said:

He was far from a MOTD player.  MGP had the Premier League record for most distance covered in a game for a long long time.

His impact, on the surface, seemed to dip when Warnock arrived at LB. However Warnock was in all honestly a liability at full back (watch the DVD Season reviews), yet was able to get away with a lot of it due to the amazing defensive work that both MGP and ironically Mokoena did in covering him.

That Welsh bully from Cardiff was (apparently) disgusting and relentless towards MGP the season he was resurrecting his career at Ewood. Didn't help he was also made "fan" scapegoat #1 for about 3 years.

MGP was a loyal, outstanding footballer for our football club, and this quote tells you all you need to know...

Morten Gamst Pedersen (May, 2011),: "The eleven who are so lucky that they get the honor to represent the proud blue and white shirt with the beautiful red rose will fight as if it was about life. For that is what it is all about, the life of the club in our hearts! Blackburn Rovers are not lucky because they have good players on the team, good players are lucky because they play for Blackburn Rovers. COYB!"

Rant over...

Well if that didn't tear up my eyes.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Anyone who seriously thinks the manager has ultimate say on anything has been paying no attention for the last 8 years. If Venky's or their advisors decide it's worth selling Raya will be gone, and Mowbray will be told to deal with it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Sky sports are running with the Raya story.

Saying that Rovers have said talks are at an informal stage.

It would be silly selling him on to Brentford you don't really pay big money.

If he is going hope we have better than Hart or Fielding lined up

If we have Fielding lined up it makes sense to sell Raya. We'd get money for Raya and Fielding would be free. We'd need a sell on clause for Raya just in case. But as it stands we wouldn't miss Raya. He's been a liability at times this season. 

• Like 1

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

If we have Fielding lined up it makes sense to sell Raya. We'd get money for Raya and Fielding would be free. We'd need a sell on clause for Raya just in case. But as it stands we wouldn't miss Raya. He's been a liability at times this season. 

Fielding would be ok as a number 2 but if we have any aspirations of being in the promotion mix we need better.

I do think we need a new number one as Raya has a lot to work on but he does have big potential if we sell him without a hefty sell on clause it would be madness

• Like 1