BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

55 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Raya would have to go for me.

When I first saw him 3 or 4 seasons ago, I thought we had a real prospect on our hands.  However, two full seasons as our number one and in my mind he's not developing / improving as he should and as good young goalies do.  If anything, I think he's going backwards.

IMO, we also need an experienced goalie coach who's done it and got the tee shirt.  IMO, the community trust, where I think Benson started at Carlisle, is Benson's level.  Pay peanuts and you get monkeys.  IF we sign Joe Hart, can anyone really imagine Benson coaching him!

Ageee but it’s the cinching lad is a La Liga shot stopper any day. Our blunt refusal to cozy hinproperly makes a mockery of getting talent through the system.

swansea are skint so managers and coaches are better to help progress what little they’ve got. We’ve David fucking Lowe and Ben Benson god help any one aspire to get better.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I'd probably give serious consideration to anything at 4 million or over. A very large sell on would have to be a factor in any deal.

Yeah I’d be listening for 4m plus 10% sell on clause.

1 hour ago, adz4d2 said:

Never say never,stranger this have happened, 10 years ago would you have said gareth southgate would be england manager and get us to a world cup semi final??

Totally different scenarios mate. If Raya was to be Spain's no.1 he would need to already be at a higher level than reserve keeper(which I imagine he will be next season) at a lower half Championship club. 

• Like 2

I do love periods where I can just be an observer on this site. 

One week - 'we've extended the contract of our backup keeper??? Why??? We need a better first choice'

Next week - 'why would we sell Raya? We could never replace him!!!'

If we can get good money for Raya and a solid replacement is lined up, we should sell. If we are serious about mounting a promotion push, he has to go. He doesn't command his defence, he isn't dominant in the six yard box, his distribution is poor and he has started dropping clangers out of absolutely nothing. Yes he can pull off worldie saves but it just doesn't offset those frailties.  We need to plug the holes in defence, that's the difference between where we ended up and a playoff place this season.

• Like 3

I'd be happy with him as understudy to a good keeper but he'll not like that understandably so best thing would be loan him out to get games.  If not you are looking at the next Jake Kean scenario I fear, lad ruined.

4 hours ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

I am certainly in favour of keeping Raya as I think there is still potential in him, however a future Spain NO.1  is somewhat deluded. He may one day be a lower Premier league team keeper, but not a hope in hell he will be one of the best keepers in World football. 

100% spot on.

He's a continental type keeper and not just because of the name. He would actually be very suited to the game over there I reckon, bit more thinking time and less set pieces plus bowling it out from the back every time.

Edited by tomphil

40 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I do love periods where I can just be an observer on this site. 

One week - 'we've extended the contract of our backup keeper??? Why??? We need a better first choice'

Next week - 'why would we sell Raya? We could never replace him!!!'

Things change fast in football do you pay enough attention from your lofty perch to notice this outside of this website ?

Disappointment to some is exciting to others and we wouldn't have it any other way it's called English football pal.

Just now, tomphil said:

Things change fast in football do you pay enough attention from your lofty perch to notice this outside of this website ?

Disappointment to some is exciting to others and we wouldn't have it any other way it's called English football pal.

Screenshot 2019-05-19 at 22.04.35.png

• Like 1

Just now, Eddie said:

Screenshot 2019-05-19 at 22.04.35.png

Ted can't post on the internet without his usual touch of arrogance and assuming he knows better than everyone else.

Ted then wonders why people find his tone a tad annoying.

Ted doesn't know anything better than anyone else.

Don't be like Ted he's a bit of a helmet.

• Like 3

Just now, tomphil said:

Or it was just an observation on the different ways that people were reacting (including sometimes two different reactions from the same people).

You're the one who has struck the arrogant tone but thank you for introducing me to the concept 'English' football. I can't wait to experience more of it. 

• Like 1

Just now, Eddie said:

Or it was just an observation on the different ways that people were reacting (including sometimes two different reactions from the same people).

You're the one who has struck the arrogant tone but thank you for introducing me to the concept 'English' football. I can't wait to experience more of it. 

I'd only find it odd if it was two different reactions to the same piece of news from the same person a week apart.

Other than that it's just standard message board stuff surely.

Red blood/passion and a tad of fickleness thrown in for good measure, it's a heady brew ?

Just now, tomphil said:

Ted can't post on the internet without his usual touch of arrogance and assuming he knows better than everyone else.

Ted then wonders why people find his tone a tad annoying.

Ted doesn't know anything better than anyone else.

Don't be like Ted he's a bit of a helmet.

:lol: Brilliant.

And Ted can’t even take offence because he is the bigger man and will just ‘move on’.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

100% spot on.

He's a continental type keeper and not just because of the name. He would actually be very suited to the game over there I reckon, bit more thinking time and less set pieces plus bowling it out from the back every time.

Only thing I disagree on is the 'continental name'.  

David Martin....couldn't sound any more English ?

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

:lol: Brilliant.

And Ted can’t even take offence because he is the bigger man and will just ‘move on’.

Disclaimer :

Ted is a fictional character created for message board purposes only and not intended to offend ?

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Ruddy - 20k a week. £1m a year over a 3 year contract = Total cost £3m.

Sell Raya for £3m, get a better keeper and still save the £1.5m we would have paid Raya over 3 years.

To paraphrase Gok Wan - It's all about the confidence  flex!

Ruddy - sell for £0 after 3 years

Raya - sell for £10m after 3 years