BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

He has gotten to double figures twice in his career at this level, 17 goals in 14/15 and 11 goals in 17/18

1 Premier league goal in 30 appearances in between that

He is 25 

Not a a class operator for me! All hype from when he was a young English (possibly Irish soon) player at Chelsea 

No mate, he scored 12 in 22 just these last few months . He's scored some crackers, I'd say he is exactly what we need. Bielsa thinks he's ok

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Apart from that dodgy corner at Wigan Tony? ?

It looks like a clear dive to me I'm afraid, although if I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, your explanation is more plausable than Pedro's - Eboue definitely doesn't touch him.

E0A1BCCD-37F5-4624-93A3-D76856E7BE29.png

• Like 1

I live and work in Leeds and i've not met a single Leeds fan that rates him. Looks like a poor mans Jordan Rhodes: slow and weak, but doesn't even score as regularly as Rhodes did. 

Would be terrible business given the likely cost + wages.

• Like 1

I have always rated Bamford. A good footballer who makes the game look easy kidding folk that he's got no pace when he has. I also think his physicality has improved with age.

Give him and Jordan a football and there's only one footballer ... and I'm a Jordan fan!

He won't come to us, we can't afford him.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I have always rated Bamford. A good footballer who makes the game look easy kidding folk that he's got no pace when he has. I also think his physicality has improved with age.

Give him and Jordan a football and there's only one footballer ... and I'm a Jordan fan!

He won't come to us, we can't afford him.

You buy a striker too score goals. Rhodes got over 20 league goals in the championship 3 years in a row for us, that was after 36 in 40 games in league one the year before he signed for us. Bamford will never do that. He really isn’t all that. 

Just now, Butty said:

You buy a striker too score goals. Rhodes got over 20 league goals in the championship 3 years in a row for us, that was after 36 in 40 games in league one the year before he signed for us. Bamford will never do that. He really isn’t all that. 

Love this. Karanka brought him in twice and paid 5m for him the second time, and Bielsa pays 7m but not good enough for us eh? Fat Danny and tubby Brad will be great next season 

I know who got more out of their 7m

Edited by Sparks Rover

Just now, AdamRochina said:

where has this bamford talk come from? the guys a pathetic footballer, a diving little cheat  would hate him here

I idly mentioned him during a discussion about what Marriott was meant to have cost, and their relative track records. There's not been a link or anything (nor has there to Marriott), just people took my off-hand use of him as an example and ran with it. Nor was I suggesting we sign either player.

Thought I'd clarify that before it escalated further, in typical BRFCS fashion. Kind of thing that happens though when there aren't any rumours doing the round.

Edited by bluebruce

20 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Love this. Karanka brought him in twice and paid 5m for him the second time, and Bielsa pays 7m but not good enough for us eh? Fat Danny and tubby Brad will be great next season 

I know who got more out of their 7m

Never said Bamford wasn’t good enough for us.. I made my post in reply too the comparison between him and Rhodes, Like I said I never said Bamford wasn’t good enough too play for us, I just think he has a standing in the game with some football supporters higher than what it should be. 

Edited by Butty
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

We could get Rhodes, Gestede, Hanley and Marshall  ?

4-4-2 Rhodes and Rudy. Chapman and Marshall on the wings. Promotion confirmed. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, J*B said:

Norwich decided not to sign Rhodes. Also released Naismith and Wildschut. 

The announcement was purely confirming that his initial loan has ended. Local media in Norwich suggests that they are strongly considering an extended stay.

Latter 2 certainly not good enough.

Just now, Butty said:

4-4-2 Rhodes and Rudy. Chapman and Marshall on the wings. Promotion confirmed. 

The Rhodes, Rudy and Marshall of yesteryear, sure. Not sure if any of them have still got what it takes.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
7 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I wouldn't!

Not after that pathetic dive he pulled off against Villa 

Thank goodness no Rovers players have ever dived, eh?

I’m sure you were absolutely disgusted when Martin Olson dived to win a penalty against Burnley ?

Getting Rhodes, Gestede, Hanley and Marshall back and promotion is sealed ?

Funniest thing I've read on here in a while, I must've missed the last time they got us promoted ?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Getting Rhodes, Gestede, Hanley and Marshall back and promotion is sealed ?

Funniest thing I've read on here in a while, I must've missed the last time they got us promoted ?

Dont forget Olsson,  we would have a chance with our current better players too