BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

8 hours ago, Butty said:

Never said Bamford wasn’t good enough for us.. I made my post in reply too the comparison between him and Rhodes, Like I said I never said Bamford wasn’t good enough too play for us, I just think he has a standing in the game with some football supporters higher than what it should be. 

For the record and as a long term Jordan fan I didn't start any comparison. I was responding to a posters comment that Bamford ''Looks like a poor mans Jordan Rhodes: slow and weak'', which is patently misguided if not downright thick.

• Like 1

3 points from that video:

The commentators wanted Leicester to win.

That penalty would be given today 99 times out of a hundred.

Same goes for the second pen but the commentators view when Newall missed is "Justice was done"!!!

Edited by 47er
typo
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, 47er said:

3 points from that video:

The commentators wanted Leicester to win.

That penalty would be given today 99 times out of a hundred.

Same goes for the second pen but the commentators view when Newall missed is "Justice was done"!!!

Never heard this before but the commentary was so biased it could have been Leicester tv. I saw well organised defence work not an unlucky Leicester. Also from the limited highlights we missed a fair few ourself. 

Who where the commentators Gary linekar and Alan Smith?

7 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

Never heard this before but the commentary was so biased it could have been Leicester tv. I saw well organised defence work not an unlucky Leicester. Also from the limited highlights we missed a fair few ourself. 

Who where the commentators Gary linekar and Alan Smith?

One sounds a bit like Jimmy Greaves, the one who talks shit. Or a cross between Greaves and Chris Sutton, which is impossible.

I wonder who it is?

Edited by AllRoverAsia

11 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Thank goodness no Rovers players have ever dived, eh?

I’m sure you were absolutely disgusted when Martin Olson dived to win a penalty against Burnley ?

I don't like any player diving, but you have to admit that Bamfords was particularly pathetic? 

7 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Dont forget Olsson,  we would have a chance with our current better players too

Either Olsson on a free and 10k pwk would be a big improvement on our left back situation I reckon.

Have an old VHS of it somewhere and i'm sure Lennie Lawrence was doing some co commentary and came across as the only one giving any credit to Rovers from start to finish.

By the way Speedie 'won' the pen he conned the defender into helping him over... What a player for us he was not sure we've had anyone since made such an impact in such a short time with the club.  Proper Rovers cult hero.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Have an old VHS of it somewhere and i'm sure Lennie Lawrence was doing some co commentary and came across as the only one giving any credit to Rovers from start to finish.

By the way Speedie 'won' the pen he conned the defender into helping him over... What a player for us he was not sure we've had anyone since made such an impact in such a short time with the club.  Proper Rovers cult hero.

Possibly Bellamy?

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, tomphil said:

shearer didn't do too bad.

2 hours ago, renrag said:

It was the midlands commentary and the summariser was Jimmy Greaves. The Granada commentary had Don Mackay summarising and he was much more balanced. 

The North West commentary by our ex-manager was more balanced than the Midlands commentary when we played a Midlands club?

20 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Possibly Bellamy?

Definitely a similar impact him and Speedie are the types that grab games by the scruff of the neck and drag everyone else along, he did similar at Cardiff to what Speedie did here I think.

Oh for a signing along those lines now, a bold inspirational punt but players of their mentality are few and far between now sadly.

• Like 3

Just now, oldjamfan1 said:

Possibly Bellamy?

Never get bored of talking about how good Bellamy was. Such a catalyst for our success over that 4 year period, never seen a desire to win like it.

Stead's another obvious one, but more for his hot patch rather than the mercurial ability of the other two.

• Like 6

Richard Witschge !

Nah - gotta echo the other guys and say Bellamy. That was one hot season. Imagine how mahy he might have gotten if he didn't pick up those injuries? In our memories he was a mainstay in that side but just had a quick look at wikipedia where it states he only made 27 (!) appearances. Pure class for Rovers though. Very good player.

• Like 1

Just now, tomphil said:

Definitely a similar impact him and Speedie are the types that grab games by the scruff of the neck and drag everyone else along, he did similar at Cardiff to what Speedie did here I think.

Oh for a signing along those lines now, a bold inspirational punt but players of their mentality are few and far between now sadly.

Another thought from watching that Play-off Final------how many players from the current squad would get in that 1992 side? My guess is none!

Just now, Give 'Em the Axe said:

Richard Witschge !

Nah - gotta echo the other guys and say Bellamy. That was one hot season. Imagine how mahy he might have gotten if he didn't pick up those injuries? In our memories he was a mainstay in that side but just had a quick look at wikipedia where it states he only made 27 (!) appearances. Pure class for Rovers though. Very good player.

He almost dragged us into the CL that season and only played 2/3 of it!

Remember a friend saying that, having been too young to remember Shearer going, Bellamy to Liverpool for only £6million was the day he 'lost his innocence'!

Edited by Admiral Nelsen
  • Like 1

Just now, 47er said:

Another thought from watching that Play-off Final------how many players from the current squad would get in that 1992 side? My guess is none!

When you look at that bench then yeah i'm inclined to agree there'd certainly be non of our defenders or centre mids anywhere near it that's for sure.