BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

For every vardy there must be 100s that arnt good enough championship football. He was a rarity. 

Les Ferdinand

Kevin Phillips

Peter Crouch

Michail Antonio

Yannick Bolasie

Ashley Williams

Charlie Austin

Jimmy Bullard

Chris Smalling

etc etc

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

If he's 21 , never played league football and isn't better than Joe nuttall then why bother 

Who's to say he isn't better than Nuttall?

Edited by Neal

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Ah I've just remembered Steve Archibald, another absolutely top notch player for us in the season we had him.

I think we ended up with Ossie Ardiles too, around the same time.

• Like 2

I hope it works out . 

Let's see how it pans out.

Call me negative I'm fairly confident this lad will never make it into our first team or any championship team on a regular basis and will be let go and back down the leagues within three seasons and I have never seen him play.  Feel free to drag this back up and destroy me when he makes his England debut ?

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

• Backroom
6 hours ago, tomphil said:

Have an old VHS of it somewhere and i'm sure Lennie Lawrence was doing some co commentary and came across as the only one giving any credit to Rovers from start to finish.

By the way Speedie 'won' the pen he conned the defender into helping him over... What a player for us he was not sure we've had anyone since made such an impact in such a short time with the club.  Proper Rovers cult hero.

I’d throw Yakubu into that bracket. Only one season, but a fantastic season. One ray of hope in the darkness of the Kean Era.

• Like 4

• Backroom
2 hours ago, JohnGo said:

Les Ferdinand

Kevin Phillips

Peter Crouch

Michail Antonio

Yannick Bolasie

Ashley Williams

Charlie Austin

Jimmy Bullard

Chris Smalling

etc etc

Geoff Horsfield, the Guiseley Town bricklayer, made a decent lower-Prem, upper Champ career at West Brom.

In terms of impact per minute nobody beats  Keith Fear. 2 first half goals at the Turd on Boxing Day 1977 to send us in 3-0 up. Arrived late the worse for a few pints in Padiham and had no clue who he was.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I’d throw Yakubu into that bracket. Only one season, but a fantastic season. One ray of hope in the darkness of the Kean Era.

Good call and at any other time under any other manager he'd have been firing us to safety or Europe.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Hakan sukur did ok in his short time heee

Just found his feet then Souness dropped him and it went tits up from there, shame he was class.

Come to think of it i'd have Hakan Unsall at left back now he didn't mess about he'd have suited the championship.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Loving the history we're talking about but it's a bit off topic.

So 21 yr old striker Joe Malkin, ten goals in a season for nantwich, anyone excited

Edited by Oldgregg86

3 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I hope it works out . 

Let's see how it pans out.

Call me negative I'm fairly confident this lad will never make it into our first team or any championship team on a regular basis and will be let go and back down the leagues within three seasons and I have never seen him play.  Feel free to drag this back up and destroy me when he makes his England debut ?

Would think there must be a reason he’s being linked with other Champ/League One clubs...

You never know, and you have to buy a ticket if you want to pick a winner.

I do understand your cynicism, but that’s quite the balls out position to take based on no evidence whatsoever! ?

Godspeed!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tom said:

Just not the same without the Chadman 

If it would make you feel better I could re-work other people's thoughts and masquerade them as my own ??

• Like 9