BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Interesting. The first time there has been any real publicity or coverage of these summit meetings in Pune, certainly by Indian media. Sakal Times appears to be a relatively small operation but still a change from the clandestine meetings of the past. I would actually appreciate some sort of interview of the owners or a least a photo of them meeting Mowbray and Waggott. Would add some transparency to it and give off the impression of a united 'we're in it together' front.

• Like 3

Just now, JHRover said:

Interesting. The first time there has been any real publicity or coverage of these summit meetings in Pune, certainly by Indian media. Sakal Times appears to be a relatively small operation but still a change from the clandestine meetings of the past. I would actually appreciate some sort of interview of the owners or a least a photo of them meeting Mowbray and Waggott. Would add some transparency to it and give off the impression of a united 'we're in it together' front.

Definitely. At this point a picture on the official site would be acceptable I think. 

• Like 1

Just now, blue_n_white99 said:

He keeps going on about selling Dack, whilst I appreciate he's using this as an example, I do hope this isn't some kind of subliminal message.

Well he is our most sellable asset. If we don't have to sell him and Mowbray has no intention of doing so, I have no issue with him discussing this. 

I mean realistically he will be sold next summer if we don't make a very good attempt at promotion. 

7 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Jermaine Jones wasnt bad.

He was quality. Jermaine Jones, Phil Jones and N'Zonzi in the middle. Samba and Givet/Nelsen behind them at CB. Rock solid - yet he who shall not be named still nearly took us down.

• Like 6

Just now, blue_n_white99 said:

He keeps going on about selling Dack, whilst I appreciate he's using this as an example, I do hope this isn't some kind of subliminal message.

I imagine Mowbray is keen to remind the owners/those in India about that particular deal. If they have any doubts about either Mowbray's ability in the transfer market or the merits of backing him with more cash this summer he can quickly mention Dack as his ace card as they'll have at least made 10x their initial investment, probably much more, if they do sell him. I would like to think Mowbray is also telling them that whilst they could sell him for a big profit his value will go up again if he has another good season, or indeed if his promotion plans come to fruition with Dack at the centre of it then the rewards far exceed any profit on Dack.

The worry of course is if the owners decide funding is limited/non existent having not sold anyone big recently and want to see some return and instruct/encourage Mowbray to sell before buying. That is when things get scary.

• Like 2

Just now, JHRover said:

I imagine Mowbray is keen to remind the owners/those in India about that particular deal. If they have any doubts about either Mowbray's ability in the transfer market or the merits of backing him with more cash this summer he can quickly mention Dack as his ace card as they'll have at least made 10x their initial investment, probably much more, if they do sell him. I would like to think Mowbray is also telling them that whilst they could sell him for a big profit his value will go up again if he has another good season, or indeed if his promotion plans come to fruition with Dack at the centre of it then the rewards far exceed any profit on Dack.

The worry of course is if the owners decide funding is limited/non existent having not sold anyone big recently and want to see some return and instruct/encourage Mowbray to sell before buying. That is when things get scary.

Indeed, but I would hope that they have learnt by now that selling our best players only leads to lower league positions. 

15 hours ago, bluefred said:

Ahh super Duncan mckenzie, I’ll never forget that goal he scored

at Mansfield ,then jumping on the fence to celibrate in front of the rovers supporters,in our promotion season.class player.

One of my all time favourite Rovers goals. Parkes corner hit with pace beyond the far post and McKenzie back to goal hooked it right footed over his left shoulder on the volley from an acute angle and over the keeper into the net.

One of those you have to be there to see it but afterwards you wonder if you really did see it- so special it was in the "how did he do that category?"  Not the same brute strength as the Shearer goal at Anfield which ended Jan Molby's commentating career (his live on air radio comment was "Fuck me") but much more difficult because the angle was tighter.

• Like 4

Listening to Mowbray; it's clear that it's the buying, polishing and then selling players for a profit that's the focus and priority and not building a team for promotion. 

If promotion came as a consequence then I feel they'd see that as a bonus.

I don't get any feeling whatsoever that Mowbray's going to return from India with a war chest and promotion being the primary aim.

• Like 3

Just now, darrenrover said:

Listening to Mowbray; it's clear that it's the buying, polishing and then selling players for a profit that's the focus and priority and not building a team for promotion. 

If promotion came as a consequence then I feel they'd see that as a bonus.

I don't get any feeling whatsoever that Mowbray's going to return from India with a war chest and promotion being the primary aim.

Apart from the times where he repeatedly said that promotion is the aim 

• Like 3

Having only listened to that 2 minute clip of him talking it appears he is very much focused on a plan of buying cheap, developing, then being in a position to cash in and make a profit down the line. Probably music to Venky ears. It doesn't sound as though we're going to be going shopping for 28-30 year old proven players who can hit the ground running more than a 21 year old out of League One.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, renrag said:

My words were “MORE balanced”

I know. My point was it was likely just as unbalanced, but the other way. We would find it hard to tell. Nevermind, let's move on, it's not that important.

Just now, JHRover said:

Having only listened to that 2 minute clip of him talking it appears he is very much focused on a plan of buying cheap, developing, then being in a position to cash in and make a profit down the line. Probably music to Venky ears. It doesn't sound as though we're going to be going shopping for 28-30 year old proven players who can hit the ground running more than a 21 year old out of League One.

Absolutely nothing wrong with signing the best young talent of League One IF you don't take 6 months to play them. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fraserkirky said:

Dack is Mowbray's Equity, when applying for the new loan. 

Pleased he was also keen to point out that Rothwell is also worth a fortune.

Dacks value maybe increased ten fold plus, - 750 ish then c 7.75 million is invested in in BB and AA last summer.   The equity might well have been borrowed against already.

6 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Didn't think this makes much sense, regarding Bauer:

"However, with no transfer fee attached to any move, players like Bauer would command higher wages which could price them out of an Ewood move." 

But any decent player coming on a free is going to want a good championship wage although the likes of Bauer can do one if he's after 40/50k pwk.  Not sure I buy that though is his agent really so thick less than half that is the best he'll probably command.

Just now, Torgeir said:

"However, with no transfer fee attached to any move, players like Bauer would command higher wages which could price them out of an Ewood move." 

Hmmm. Whilst I agree that the free agent status of a player and avoidance of a transfer fee might then see him demand more wage wise, I would suggest if we're struggling to meet the demands of a free agent who has been playing at Charlton in League One for the last few years then we're going to struggle to get much serious business done this summer. He won't be on much at Charlton in the 3rd division. Unless of course Bauer is coming up with ridiculous demands but I doubt some of the stories on that front. Can't see why he would jeopardise a potentially career making/defining move up a division through unreasonable demands. At his stage in his career and with no rumours of any rival interest from the Championship he would be wise to take a wage rise and moving up a division rather than risking it not happening through unreasonable demands. 

• Like 4

Just now, JHRover said:

Hmmm. Whilst I agree that the free agent status of a player and avoidance of a transfer fee might then see him demand more wage wise, I would suggest if we're struggling to meet the demands of a free agent who has been playing at Charlton in League One for the last few years then we're going to struggle to get much serious business done this summer. He won't be on much at Charlton in the 3rd division. Unless of course Bauer is coming up with ridiculous demands but I doubt some of the stories on that front. Can't see why he would jeopardise a potentially career making/defining move up a division through unreasonable demands. At his stage in his career and with no rumours of any rival interest from the Championship he would be wise to take a wage rise and moving up a division rather than risking it not happening through unreasonable demands. 

Just now, Torgeir said:

Ok, well firstly its an opinion piece in the LT, not actual comments from anyone at the club. Secondly, as JH points out, players wanting more than they are worth, even if that is within our budget, is them pricing themselves out of a move. Look at Man u for an extreme example of where paying players more than they are worth can lead too. 

24 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Football Manager 19, who have real researchers, have Patrick Bauer earning 7k a week, talk of 40k-50k is nonsense.