BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

2 hours ago, philipl said:

Based on the Doncaster game, Bauer is rubbish.

His wife gave birth to their daughter a few hours before kick off apparently. Charlton fans commented after that he was off his game but to be fair he still played.

Edited by Hasta

1 hour ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

90MIN website stating Frank Fielding close to a return.

Wasnt the article written by Joe Harvey, who all of a sudden has started posting here quite frequently just recently?

Don't read anything into that one.

• Like 1

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

Wasnt the article written by Joe Harvey, who all of a sudden has started posting here quite frequently just recently?

I read nothing into anything that happens at our club, until it happens. Just reporting, i don't believe TM will do any business until the Loons allow.

2 hours ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

90MIN website stating Frank Fielding close to a return.

My dad works with someone that’s related to him and he literally told me a few hours ago he got told that Fielding wants to come back up North so his kid/kids can be closer to the rest of his family up here, so there may be something in it on both sides so maybe don’t write it off just yet ?‍♂️

Edited by schoey

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Another thing to take from that interview was the opening comment from Mowbray. We won't be fishing in a big pond for players this summer, because in his view the new scouting system won't be up and running. He says it will take another 2, 3 or 4 years to deliver results. I'm afraid that's unacceptable if true. We're already 2 years into his project which is longer than many managers get, he's been on about the super new scouting system for months and it still isn't ready to deliver results? At a club that appears to be planning on developing and increasing value on players that is poor. Mowbray must be very relaxed and confident in his long term future if he can take such a long term view. Most managers these days last a couple of years if they are lucky whereas Mowbray won't even have got his scouting up and running by year 4 or 5. Truly bonkers. 

That's not what he said on the video. He said we won't 'have as many options this window as we will have in 2 years, 3 years, 4 years.' Because by then the scouting network will have reams of info on every player in the leagues we're watching. He isn't saying it isn't up and running, he isn't saying it will take that time to deliver results. He is just saying it will get better over time.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

God forbid I post anything on here.

As mentioned before, I don’t post my own content on this forum in any way, just my opinion.

You can say “don’t read anything into that one” all you like but don’t be disrespectful for no reason. This is an open forum, one which I’ve respected and I don’t think it’s necessary, AT ALL, for you to come at me like that.

(and as a final note, the Fielding thing is true, that’s very close and I have that from a reliable source)

Edited by JoeHarvey

Just now, JoeHarvey said:

As mentioned before, I don’t post my own content on this forum in any way, just my opinion.

You can say “don’t read anything into that one” all you like but don’t be disrespectful for no reason. This is an open forum, one which I’ve respected and I don’t think it’s necessary, AT ALL, for you to come at me like that.

(and as a final note, the Fielding thing is true, that’s very close and I have that from a reliable source)

It certainly wont be for a 600k fee as stated in the article as hes out of contract.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

It certainly wont be for a 600k fee as stated in the article as hes out of contract.

You mean when I say he's valued at? As in his current value on the market?

At no point does it say that we'll be paying £600,000.

"Rovers are expected to bring in 6 or 7 new players this window, and Frank Fielding is expected to be the first. Valued at around £600,000, this transfer could be yet another cheap and acute deal from Blackburn." 

ie. that's what he is worth, not what we could be paying.

1492720035_ScreenShot2019-05-23at23_20_19.thumb.png.8ec4b5dea152d06230fffa68cb8428f8.png

Edited by JoeHarvey

• Backroom

It’s an open forum. He’s allowed to be quite dismissive of a rumour mill. Most of us are.

If you think ‘don’t read much into it’ is disrespectful, you must’ve had a sheltered journalistic life. You should seen the stuff we say about Alan Nixon and Oliver Holt.

Edited by Mike E

Just now, Mike E said:

It’s an open forum. He’s allowed to be quite dismissive of a rumour mill. Most of us are.

If you think ‘don’t read much into it’ is disrespectful, you must’ve had a sheltered journalistic life. You should seen the stuff we say about Alan Nixon.

I said, "YOU CAN SAY - don't read too much into it - BUT DON'T BE disrespectful." Clearly trying to say that it was the other content of the message which was unnecessary.

As a final point on this matter:

- I never post my own content on this forum, as to not stir up shit.
- I have never, and won't ever, lie or create fake stories. 
- This specific story is on good authority from what I consider a reliable source.

and to be quite frank, if you don't like it, that's fine, but the main reason I never post my own stories on here is to avoid all this drama in the first place. Not what I want, and I'm sure not what anybody else wants to be sifting through on this thread.

I said, "YOU CAN SAY - don't read too much into it - BUT DON'T BE disrespectful." Clearly trying to say that it was the other content of the message which was unnecessary.

As a final point on this matter:

- I never post my own content on this forum, as to not stir up shit.
- I have never, and won't ever, lie or create fake stories. 
- This specific story is on good authority from what I consider a reliable source.

and to be quite frank, if you don't like it, that's fine, but the main reason I never post my own stories on here is to avoid all this drama in the first place. Not what I want, and I'm sure not what anybody else wants to be sifting through on this thread.

Joe don't take it personally lad, just think a lot of people are Sceptical. 

Just post the rumours you think are true and you'll be grand. 

• Like 2

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

Joe don't take it personally lad, just think a lot of people are Sceptical. 

Just post the rumours you think are true and you'll be grand. 

I get that, but I didn't post it. I very purposefully don't post any of my own content in here out of respect to my fellow Rovers supporters, who I know would be (and are more than entitled to be) sceptical about any transfer rumours.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

I think people are sceptical of ITK wannabes rather than whether anyone posts their 'own content', whatever that means. 

Someone saying 'I have it from a reliable source' is fairly meaningless without context. 

Right... again, didn't post anything in here. Said that five times on this thread and sick of saying it now. Not here for that, and neither is anyone else.

I'm not an 'ITK wannabe' but if you want to see me as that, be my guest.

Right... again, didn't post anything in here. Said that five times on this thread and sick of saying it now. Not here for that, and neither is anyone else.

I'm not an 'ITK wannabe' but if you want to see me as that, be my guest.

Eh? I didn't say you did post anything 'in here' so no idea what you're getting strung out about? 

The ITK wannabe happens every summer. You saying 'I have it from a reliable source' is classic ITK wannabe. Who's your source? Is it the same pissed bloke on the Fox and Hounds that is everyone's 'source'? 

• Backroom

I get that, but I didn't post it. I very purposefully don't post any of my own content in here out of respect to my fellow Rovers supporters, who I know would be (and are more than entitled to be) sceptical about any transfer rumours.

Yet when the Rovers fans who DO post your content on here are vaguely critical of it, you then respond with the very drama you claim to try and avoid.

As above, don’t take it so personally. That you are a member on here doesn’t make your material on other sites above criticism when it gets linked here.

And with every respect, every journalist in the world claims never to lie, or create fake stories, and claims their sources are/seem reliable. Fine. But journalists with better track records on here than you’ve yet established have got plenty wrong.

One guy reflecting that onto a story from a relative newbie isn’t worth getting so upset about.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Who's your source? Is it the same pissed bloke on the Fox and Hounds that is everyone's 'source'? 

I'm not from Blackburn, so no, and I don't have like 'a source' like someone I get all my 'inside gossip' from. I just have it from a good source about this particular story. Stumbled across it.

6 minutes ago, JoeHarvey said:

You mean when I say he's valued at? As in his current value on the market?

At no point does it say that we'll be paying £600,000.

"Rovers are expected to bring in 6 or 7 new players this window, and Frank Fielding is expected to be the first. Valued at around £600,000, this transfer could be yet another cheap and acute deal from Blackburn." 

ie. that's what he is worth, not what we could be paying.

1492720035_ScreenShot2019-05-23at23_20_19.thumb.png.8ec4b5dea152d06230fffa68cb8428f8.png

His value is zero, a value is what he is worth to someone but he no longer belongs to a club.

• Like 2

Just now, Mike E said:

Yet when the Rovers fans who DO post your content on here are vaguely critical of it, you then respond with the very drama you claim to try and avoid.

As above, don’t take it so personally. That you are a member on here doesn’t make your material on other sites above criticism when it gets linked here.

And with every respect, every journalist in the world claims never to lie, or create fake stories, and claims their sources are/seem reliable. Fine. But journalists with better track records on here than you’ve yet established have got plenty wrong.

One guy reflecting that onto a story from a relative newbie isn’t worth getting so upset about.

I'm not a journalist. I work in media sure, but I write the odd article on a fan written and controlled website. Far from a journalist, which I never claimed to be.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

His value is zero, a value is what he is worth to someone but he no longer belongs to a club.

So you think free agents don't have a theoretical value? He may be a free agent but his value, as a player, with his experience and stats is about that figure. If he were under contract that's what he'd go for.

Just now, Mike E said:

Once you get some scoops (like if Fielding does arrive), we’ll pretty much hang onto every word, btw.

Peter O’Rourke is a favourite lately.

I'm quite genuinely hoping Fielding doesn't happen, because it's not what I want. I came onto here because I'd grown tired of that Facebook group and wanted to talk to real Blackburn fans. I'm not here to be a journo, or attempt to be some ITK.

I hope I'm wrong, I hope Fielding doesn't happen, because it would be pot luck as I simply stumbled on it.

So you think free agents don't have a theoretical value? He may be a free agent but his value, as a player, with his experience and stats is about that figure. If he were under contract that's what he'd go for.

He goes for whatever the buying team pays. His current value is 0. Fact

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

He goes for whatever the teams pays. His current value is 0. Fact

If you want to view it like that sure. Probably just how it's written, maybe poorly from me then if its being perceived that way. 

I think a Fielding signing would be a big pointer of the way things will pan out this summer, good back up but given the injury problems he carries he's unlikely to provide much direct competition to Raya.

Also on that note would he be another who wouldn't get a much of a sniff of a deal anywhere else and someone feels sorry for him type signing.