BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

7 hours ago, philipl said:

I was a little obtuse before but from a contact at Man U, Dack is on their radar and I hear Everton (who are at risk of losing Richarlison to Atletico Madrid, Digne and Gomes to Spurs and Zouma going back to Chelsea) are seriously looking at Dack. 

Let's not be silly now.  Man U?  No way.  Everton J can see after he made a complete fool of their premier league defenders in our friendly.  I loved watching that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

110 pages and counting. We are like puppies around the bowl hoping our master drops something juicy into it rather than left overs. 

Said a few pages back I think we'll hit 300 before anything happens.

Just now, USABlue said:

Let's not be silly now.  Man U?  No way.  Everton J can see after he made a complete fool of their premier league defenders in our friendly.  I loved watching that.

It's not that silly when you look at the fact they signed(or are about to sign) James off Swansea. 

Ya, it was class. I think Jagielkas top level career ended with that Dack arse bump. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

7 hours ago, philipl said:

I hear Everton (who are at risk of losing Richarlison to Atletico Madrid, Digne and Gomes to Spurs and Zouma going back to Chelsea) are seriously looking at Dack. 

This wouldn't shock me either. He ran rings around them last summer and I know for a fact he's regarded highly there from that game.
It's a bit like how Travis played well against Newcastle and all of a sudden they were sniffing around him too. Clubs seem to love players who play well against them personally.

Just now, JoeHarvey said:

This wouldn't shock me either. He ran rings around them last summer and I know for a fact he's regarded highly there from that game.
It's a bit like how Travis played well against Newcastle and all of a sudden they were sniffing around him too. Clubs seem to love players who play well against them personally.

Sigurdsson was what 40m, same kinda game, goalscoring AMC, not the quickest. Half the price and English, yeah I could see Everton taking him.

When fans jump on Mowbrays comments about us being unable to out spend our rivals as some sign he has nothing to spend, it's worth considering how many clubs in our division are currently receiving parachute payments. 

At my count it was 6 clubs last season, with 3 more joining them. So that will be 9 clubs receiving parachute payments next season, 8 if villa go up. Perspective guys. 

10 minutes ago, JoeHarvey said:

He ran rings around them last summer and I know for a fact he's regarded highly there from that game.

I've only been gone a few hours and you're off again with yer ITK wannabe gubbins.;)

Pray tell how you 'know for a fact he's regarded highly' at Everton?

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

They've progressed exactly 2 places every season despite that model (I think it was them anyway). So we just need to do it for a mere 5 seasons and we can have a go at playoffs, by that logic. Woop woop!

A cursory look at our league positions since 2012 would seem to confirm that. Bobbing around in the bottom half,...with a few -all too brief- moments of optimism...maybe, even in the play off places... for a few hours.

Edited by Leonard Venkhater

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

A cursory look at our league positions since 2012 would seem to confirm that. Bobbing around in the bottom half,...with a few -all too brief- moments of optimism...maybe, even in the play off places... for a few hours.

I think it's safe to say that things have stabilised since then and work is taking place to push on

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I think it's safe to say that things have stabilised since then and work is taking place to push on

Hope so...but most of us would have said we were "stable" under Bowyer...going nowhere, though.

I have learned to look for the overall pattern, rather than get suckered by the rule of optimism and "start again" syndrome....( so there may be a spectre coming to the feast lol)

• Like 1

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

Hope so...but most of us would have said we were "stable" under Bowyer...going nowhere, though.

I have learned to look for the overall pattern, rather than get suckered by the rule of optimism and "start again" syndrome....( so there may be a spectre coming to the feast lol)

We were stable in perspective to where we were before that under Bowyer. Absolute anarchy. 

Ya, I think that's a good approach. This window will tell the story though 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Making things up?

Will you stop mithering him? If he gets things wrong then fine, as it stands you're just niggling him for any post.

• Like 3