BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

We seem to get linked with the same old faces each window.

Hopefully our international network which will scour Europe for cheap talent that Mowbray can mould into brilliant footballers and sell for millions will kick in at some point over the next 3-4 years.

• Like 2

Just now, AJW said:

mmm..... Sell before buy doesn't sound good 

Aye, Mowbray may well have been told to do one after the Brereton nonsense. Then again Nixon may just be making it up.

The fact Mowbray was talking about 'selling a Dack' in that interview in India t'other day is, a bit ominous. 

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

I rate Gallagher and he'd certainly be more use than BB. 

Gallagher I feel is okay. I'd take him, but for 5m I would not. BB has my backing for at least another season. Get the lad to play more and hopefully he can prove a lot of people wrong.

9 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

Yeah, for us and around ten others that were in contention at the time.

Ridiculous level of expectation that takes into account zero external factors.

Evans last season stated the play-offs were the target. Mowbray has said the same for this season. The expectation comes from them. 

The defence was appalling, the worst in the country on the road. Lots of points were lost because of it. 

I think next season, without momentum, wiil be a lot tougher. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, blueboy3333 said:

It's cheaper than the £7m he paid for the last someone who'd hardly played or scored. 

Surely that should be no yardstick for future purchases though...

• Like 1

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

Gallagher I feel is okay. I'd take him, but for 5m I would not. BB has my backing for at least another season. Get the lad to play more and hopefully he can prove a lot of people wrong.

Gallagher is twice the player BB is and he's cheaper. Surely you should 'back' Gally. 

Gallagher is twice the player BB is and he's cheaper. Surely you should 'back' Gally. 

We spent 7m on BB. We need to start playing the lad more before we fork out another 5m on a player who hardly played last season.

Edited by BankEnd Rover

I do like the prospect of Gally coming back. He was more than decent for us the season we went down. Seems like Tony sees potential in him and can improve him, also he’s good friends with a number of the players anyways so isn’t going to rock the boat in the dressing room, whereas maybe Brett might do?

For all the talk about Bretherton, wasn’t the deal up to 7 mill with certain add ons etc?

I believe the main players we need to sign this summer is someone what can dictate play from the centre of the park plus a good quality keeper and centre back. What would people’s thoughts be on Hart? Seems like he’s on his way out after Pope signed a new deal.  

Just now, CraigF said:

I do like the prospect of Gally coming back. He was more than decent for us the season we went down. Seems like Tony sees potential in him and can improve him, also he’s good friends with a number of the players anyways so isn’t going to rock the boat in the dressing room, whereas maybe Brett might do?

For all the talk about Bretherton, wasn’t the deal up to 7 mill with certain add ons etc?

I believe the main players we need to sign this summer is someone what can dictate play from the centre of the park plus a good quality keeper and centre back. What would people’s thoughts be on Hart? Seems like he’s on his way out after Pope signed a new deal.  

Who's Brett? 

Rovers spent £7.6m on transfers last summer. 

Mowbray has already denied the Hart story, thankfully. 

13 minutes ago, Stuart said:

We seem to get linked with the same old faces each window.

Hopefully our international network which will scour Europe for cheap talent that Mowbray can mould into brilliant footballers and sell for millions will kick in at some point over the next 3-4 years.

Good sign- Mowbray and Rovers keeping things close to their chest so Press simply speculate based on TM's past pastures

Bad sign- Rovers' scouting is so under developed that this is all he can do.

Truth probably in between.

Who's Brett? 

Rovers spent £7.6m on transfers last summer. 

Mowbray has already denied the Hart story, thankfully. 

Britt (Assambolonga)

He denied it a few weeks ago, but if he’s come onto the market in the past few weeks? Which other experienced keeper would we like in? Think Hart is a better option than Carson or Fielding. 

Hopefully it’s all good news coming back from India budget wise. 

Only concern this summer is Sheffield United coming back in for Lenihan. 

No real wonder we’re said to be looking to use the free agent market spending 5 mil on Sam Gallagher... who will, no doubt, be played on the wing whilst we ‘go through the process’ of replacing Graham. 

Much rather spend that kind of brass on a CB/RB myself first and foremost.

Interesting too that the article claims we would have to sell to buy him (pure guesswork).

But if that were to be true, Dack being the obvious candidate, we would definitely end up worse off. I don’t see Gallagher scoring 15 goals and assisting 7 more myself. 

9 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Interesting too that the article claims we would have to sell to buy him (pure guesswork).

But if that were to be true, Dack being the obvious candidate, we would definitely end up worse off. I don’t see Gallagher scoring 15 goals and assisting 7 more myself. 

Exactly! Be criminal if that happened.