BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Rothwell needs to work on that final product, be it pass or shot, before he’s ready to be the talisman of the side.

Thought he looked more than capable at passing and shooting when given a run in the side. 

Just now, Neal said:

Thought he looked more than capable at passing and shooting when given a run in the side. 

Different expectations when you are the main man, long way to go to be as prolific as Dack for me.

Edited by Mattyblue

No thanks to Sam Gallagher, at 5m that’s mental.

Much prefer the look of the Samdou fella from Everton.

Maher from AZ would be a sensational signing and offers something different to what we have in midfield.

Samdou

Maher

Rodwell resigned

New ugly Centre Half

New GK

Dont expect much more than that, spend  whatever money we have on a centre half, Jake Cooper being the top target for me.

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 1

On ‎25‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 11:26, philipl said:

You have to remember:

1) Man U still labouring under Glazer ownership costing them gazillions

2) Man U have the highest wage bill and in a post-Champions League era need to get the wage bill down

3) Man U not confident of signing targets with OGS as Manager and no Champions League football to offer

I stressed Dack is on their radar, I didn't say expect an offer tomorrow.

In terms of quality of my source, the Man U one is much closer to the action than the Everton one.

There's more chance of me staring the season in goal for Rovers than of Manchester United making a bid for Dack. Pure fantasy.   

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I'd pay 3.5m tops for Gallagher. 5m is way too much in my estimation.

If we say got Gallagher, gk, a lb, a rb and a cb that would be decent business. How we do that on our budget I'm not sure.

Linked to this I don't really think we should prioritise buying a central midfielder, but that seems to be near the top of TMs shopping list. I'd be happy loaning someone in again as we have Travis and Davenport coming through, plus Evans and Smallwood hanging about. Obviously I would like an upgrade but limited funds need to be spent up front, at gk and in defence for me.

To be fair, I think that £5mil for Gallagher is fair.  The issue all along has been his wage/wage demands.  Not sure how we can suddenly afford those.

• Like 2

Gallagher needs to understand that his career is at risk of falling by the wayside if he stays where he is. He isn't going to play for Southampton in the Premier League any time soon and so sooner or later will have to accept that the Championship is where he will need to go. He's going to be very lucky to get a salary close to his current one and will have to drop his demands. 

Harrison Reed is in a similar position albeit probably has more chance of making the grade at Southampton and if not will have more interest in him.

I'd be very happy if we went to Southampton with £8 million for the pair of them. I think in 12-24 months both could be worth more than that each and in the meantime would fit seamlessly into the squad. Bring Hanley back from Norwich and we'd have strengthened the side well. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Completely hypothetical but would anyone do a straight swap with Southampton with dack going one way and Reed and Gallagher coming to ewood ?

(There's no real transfer stories to discuss so why not )

I would say in today's market Dack could be worth 20m off the back of some good form. Not at the moment because he's had some poor games, but I can see him hitting the heights again.  

With the best will in the world Reed and Gallagher are more like 10m combined. So no....

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

I would say in today's market Dack could be worth 20m off the back of some good form. Not at the moment because he's had some poor games, but I can see him hitting the heights again.  

With the best will in the world Reed and Gallagher are more like 10m combined. So no....

Dack has all the attributes to make it to the top but it depends how much he wants it.  He needs to really appraise his own lifestyle.

• Like 3

Just now, philipl said:

I guess Bauer to Rovers extremely unlikely after that.

Quietly effective today after his no show against Doncaster.

He was better today definitely. He’s still a free agent, he might see us or another championship club as a step up. I’d like too think we could do better but who knows what Mowbray has been told in India regarding this season’s budget. They may well have turned the tap off after the Brereton signing. 

11 minutes ago, Butty said:

He was better today definitely. He’s still a free agent, he might see us or another championship club as a step up. I’d like too think we could do better but who knows what Mowbray has been told in India regarding this season’s budget. They may well have turned the tap off after the Brereton signing. 

He looked like another Downing to me.

• Like 1

Really not bothered either way about Bauer we should've taken that punt on him ages ago even though he was on his way out of contract they'd have got him for very reasonable wages probably and maybe 800k+ ,  Even if it was a million it's easy to get back it's peanuts these days and he would have represented a reasonable punt/gamble.

As it is he'd cost silly money now and he's proved nothing in the Championship there must be some decent centre defenders out there gettable for a club like us others seem to manage ok.

Lets see this non foreign recruitment dept that's allegedly been being worked on since TM arrived actually deliver something this summer.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He looked like another Downing to me.

Like I said I’d like too think we could do better, but it’s hard too say without knowing whether the Chicken farmers are making TM shop in Waitrose or Aldi this summer.

1 hour ago, Butty said:

Like I said I’d like too think we could do better, but it’s hard too say without knowing whether the Chicken farmers are making TM shop in Waitrose or Aldi this summer.

Or Poundland most likely

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Butty said:

That's always the problem. I think it usually depends on what side of the bed they got up on. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tomphil said:

Really not bothered either way about Bauer we should've taken that punt on him ages ago even though he was on his way out of contract they'd have got him for very reasonable wages probably and maybe 800k+ ,  Even if it was a million it's easy to get back it's peanuts these days and he would have represented a reasonable punt/gamble.

It was 2 million. So we rightly told them to swivel, not knowing he'd ask for pie in the sky wages come summer.

• Like 1

Just now, bluebruce said:

It was 2 million. So we rightly told them to swivel, not knowing he'd ask for pie in the sky wages come summer.

Not strictly true we were quoted a million but baulked because his contract was nearly up so offered 500k and then it went up to 2 mill when he indicated he might stay with them. Pretty sure some middle ground could've been found and he's on about 7k pwk at Charlton on the new deal he signed so a good wage offer may have got him deciding to come.

They played hardball and we offered peanuts, chance missed he's not worth it now imo so hope we move on. If this goes on months then we don't sign another good CB and use this as an excuse again i'll be asking serious questions.

6 hours ago, JHRover said:

Gallagher needs to understand that his career is at risk of falling by the wayside if he stays where he is. He isn't going to play for Southampton in the Premier League any time soon and so sooner or later will have to accept that the Championship is where he will need to go. He's going to be very lucky to get a salary close to his current one and will have to drop his demands. 

Harrison Reed is in a similar position albeit probably has more chance of making the grade at Southampton and if not will have more interest in him.

I'd be very happy if we went to Southampton with £8 million for the pair of them. I think in 12-24 months both could be worth more than that each and in the meantime would fit seamlessly into the squad. Bring Hanley back from Norwich and we'd have strengthened the side well. 

Yep,pretty well agree with that assumption.