BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Unless all this is a complex 3D chess media game to hide our financial ambitions from our opponents...TM's recent comments have been depressing as hell. Pretty much admitting Venkys arent going to help with anything, only cheap miracle buys will save next season. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Gallagher is bang average at best. Reed would be useful if Mowbray would actually play him in the middle rather than wasting his talents out wide but hypothetically sacrificing Dack to bring them in would be a seriously backwards move imo.

That said even if we signed no-one for the next season or two we'd probably fall foul of FFP purely on the basis of our operating losses so blowing £7m on BB and not playing him, handing out new contracts like sweeties to players who should have been discarded and talk of slow burns and long term plans seems all the more baffling and negligent.

and to think many on here espouse the virtues of Mowbray and Waggott.  I think dumb and dumber would be a more apt description.

18 hours ago, J*B said:

I believe the following is correct... The losses to fail FFP are 36m. Last year we lost 17m. Simply put, we can lose 19m over the next two seasons?

I think it is £39m. I might be wrong but I don’t think the season in league 1 counts towards the loss for the 3 years. So it will be what ever the loss is for this season and the next 2. To be honest I’m not sure our ambition should be to lose another 40m, and to be fair still not have spent enough to get promoted. I believe we are already on track for a 39m loss over 3 seasons, so I guess we will see. 

13 minutes ago, AshleyClifford said:

I think it is £39m. I might be wrong but I don’t think the season in league 1 counts towards the loss for the 3 years. So it will be what ever the loss is for this season and the next 2. To be honest I’m not sure our ambition should be to lose another 40m, and to be fair still not have spent enough to get promoted. I believe we are already on track for a 39m loss over 3 seasons, so I guess we will see. 

Yes the frightening thing- the status quo without transfer "investment" lands us in FFP bother.

This is why Waggott is so focused on gate and commercial income.

In football terms, these are small numbers.

24 minutes ago, philipl said:

Yes the frightening thing- the status quo without transfer "investment" lands us in FFP bother.

This is why Waggott is so focused on gate and commercial income.

In football terms, these are small numbers.

I struggle to see how Waggott has moved Rovers forward.

IMO, there have been too many expensive crass decisions which as CEO, he must have signed off on.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 2

Gallagher will be due to retire by the time we eventually sign him. Seriously though at under 5 million he would be a decent signing. English, right age, decent enough record on loan for the most part. He needs to move somewhere now where he can call home and get a proper run of games. 

Maher would be a real coup if we can pull it off. A game changer of a player. I am about 10% confident that we will pull it off unfortunately. Too much money and competition sniffing around. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mr. E said:

Unless all this is a complex 3D chess media game to hide our financial ambitions from our opponents...TM's recent comments have been depressing as hell. Pretty much admitting Venkys arent going to help with anything, only cheap miracle buys will save next season. 

Pretty much expected though it just goes along with the normal way of doing things by them although now they seem to be operating to an auditors plan.

Last two seasons have seen some much welcome and desperately needed investment we have to acknowledge that but from their point of view they also have to acknowledge the team has improved year on year since that investment.

I think they might move on wages again for loans or frees that seems to suit their 'model' even though it doesn't look that good on the books but my long held opinion is the free money in the budgets they set has been allocated for AA & BB until they are paid for, hence sell to buy if he wants big signings.

Whether anyone likes it or not that Brereton signing really could hamstring us for a while unless Balaji spins his roulette wheel and it comes up blue & white.  He'll be upsetting sis and the auditors again though if he gets generous !

Just catching up and laughing my head off at Phil linking Dack to Manchester United. I’m sure that’s just the signing their fans are looking for lol. Never in a million years will they be looking at Dack.

• Like 2

Just now, Roversboy1972 said:

How about saido berahino  been sacked by stoke would be alright for nothing on about 10.000 a week

Too much of a liability. Lad at 25 years who likes booze, London and breaking the law since his teens ain't going to commit his life to football.

• Like 2

Just now, Ricky said:

Just catching up and laughing my head off at Phil linking Dack to Manchester United. I’m sure that’s just the signing their fans are looking for lol. Never in a million years will they be looking at Dack.

Laugh at Ed Woodward, not me.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Mr. E said:

And what about the season after that and then the next one....  Rovers' whole future is depressing as hell. 

In January Mowbray said that money had been made available by the owners for him to use if he wanted but that he had chosen not to use it, instead continuing with what we had with a view to that cash being available at a later date when it was better to do business. He either said or strongly inferred that the money would be ring fenced for later use and not lost.

Last summer he spoke of a multi season project being agreed and set in motion. He spoke of the owners wanting promotion but him slowing them down and selling them the gradual build model. He claimed money was available all summer and the bulk of it was then spent on Brereton.

After the end of this season he spoke about aiming for the play-offs and promotion and targeting new players who would improve the team. He mentioned defender(s) coming in for starters.

Going to look a bit silly if all that was nonsense or they've backtracked again and we end up with no money or having to sell to buy.

• Like 8

It's pretty simple.  The only model that will work for us (if we have any ambition of reaching the Prem) is bringing good players in for 2 years and selling a couple in year 3 if promotion not achieved - to satisfy FFP.  Then start again.

Hitting the Prem basically nullifies the debt.  Then follow the Burnley model of small investment and a couple of relegation battles till we are back on an even keel.  

• Like 1

Just now, JHRover said:

In January Mowbray said that money had been made available by the owners for him to use if he wanted but that he had chosen not to use it, instead continuing with what we had with a view to that cash being available at a later date when it was better to do business. He either said or strongly inferred that the money would be ring fenced for later use and not lost.

Last summer he spoke of a multi season project being agreed and set in motion. He spoke of the owners wanting promotion but him slowing them down and selling them the gradual build model. He claimed money was available all summer and the bulk of it was then spent on Brereton.

After the end of this season he spoke about aiming for the play-offs and promotion and targeting new players who would improve the team. He mentioned defender(s) coming in for starters.

Going to look a bit silly if all that was nonsense or they've backtracked again and we end up with no money or having to sell to buy.

Sadly I think the defenders he's referring to are nothing more than a couple of back up options to give depth in that area and probably one of them will be another multi position guy. RB / CH is my guess.

Also i'd expect they are first waiting on Rodwell and will dress that up as one of the signings.

As usual the talk in the press seems to be preparing for the possibility of losing Dack and contingency plans of lining up something to come in and try and fill that void.

Mowbray seems the type who prefers to try and coach people into positions rather than acquire ready made players and put his head on the block.

Just now, Norbert Rassragr said:

I'd rather have Roy Krishna who is leaving Wellington Phoenix ahead of Berinho, and I know he is not good enough for the championship.

It'd be good to have somebody with such a cool name. Picking a nickname for him might prove difficult though ?.

• Like 1

- Liam Lindsay

- Patrick Bauer

- Semi Ajayi

which would you want and why? I’m leaning Lindsay at the moment but they’re all names that have been thrown about.