BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, JoeHarvey said:

- Liam Lindsay

- Patrick Bauer

- Semi Ajayi

which would you want and why? I’m leaning Lindsay at the moment but they’re all names that have been thrown about.

None. Don't think any are good enough from what I've seen/heard IF our ambition is promotion. If it isn't then they might be ok.

Don't think Barnsley will let Lindsay go without a fight.

Just now, JoeHarvey said:

- Liam Lindsay

- Patrick Bauer

- Semi Ajayi

which would you want and why? I’m leaning Lindsay at the moment but they’re all names that have been thrown about.

If Villa don't go up, I would get in for Mings. If Derby don't go up, we could do worse than Richard Keogh. 

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Gallagher will be due to retire by the time we eventually sign him. Seriously though at under 5 million he would be a decent signing. English, right age, decent enough record on loan for the most part. He needs to move somewhere now where he can call home and get a proper run of games. 

Maher would be a real coup if we can pull it off. A game changer of a player. I am about 10% confident that we will pull it off unfortunately. Too much money and competition sniffing around. 

I wouldn’t be totally against bringing Gallagher back, he was decent enough in his first spell here. The only thing is after TM took over, he used Gallagher on the left rather than up top. If he wants too bring him back too play him there then don’t bother. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

If Villa don't go up, I would get in for Mings. If Derby don't go up, we could do worse than Richard Keogh. 

Mings? Absolutely zero chance of that, he’s impressed there in his loan spell. No chance of him coming here or paying his wages. Keogh is an absolute donkey also. 

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, JHRover said:

In January Mowbray said that money had been made available by the owners for him to use if he wanted but that he had chosen not to use it, instead continuing with what we had with a view to that cash being available at a later date when it was better to do business. He either said or strongly inferred that the money would be ring fenced for later use and not lost.

Last summer he spoke of a multi season project being agreed and set in motion. He spoke of the owners wanting promotion but him slowing them down and selling them the gradual build model. He claimed money was available all summer and the bulk of it was then spent on Brereton.

After the end of this season he spoke about aiming for the play-offs and promotion and targeting new players who would improve the team. He mentioned defender(s) coming in for starters.

Going to look a bit silly if all that was nonsense or they've backtracked again and we end up with no money or having to sell to buy.

That's why my initial reaction was anger. I'm sick of being fed BS and it looks like I've eaten another four courses of it over the last 12 month. 

Every window is just lies, frustration and disappointment.

• Like 3

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

That's why my initial reaction was anger. I'm sick of being fed BS and it looks like I've eaten another four courses of it over the last 12 month. 

What is nagging away at me is whether TM's likeable, decent bloke stuff is merely being used as a front to reconcile us to the long term lack of Venky's ambition.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

How on earth are we a better option than the clubs they are currently at?

Said months ago that we will not be signing ready made first 11 signings, and stick by that. 

The team that lines up on the opening day next season will be...

Raya, Nyambe, Lenihan, Williams, Bell, Bennett, Travis, Evans, Rothwell, Dack, Graham. With a few new lads on the bench who will be waiting there turn for the next 6 months.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 2

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

What is nagging away at me is whether TM's likeable, decent bloke stuff is merely being used as a front to reconcile us to the long term lack of Venky's ambition.

I'm starting to believe he's Just another character in this farce

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 2

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

Said months ago that we will not be signing ready made first 11 signings, and stick by that. 

Raya, Nyambe, Lenihan, Williams, Bell, Bennett, Travis, Evans, Rothwell, Dack, Graham. With a few new lads on the bench who will be waiting there turn for the next 6 months.

I think Armstrong will start but yeah I agree

27 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Villa won't be splashing the cash if they don't go up. 

Just now, OnePhilT said:

There's no denying that Berahino is a top talent, but even if Mowbray could set him straight here (which would be a long-shot), his wage demands would be well out of reach.

I can't imagine he will be in much of a negotiating position. He has done jack shit in 5 seasons. 

If he wanted to sort himself out, coming here with Mowbray as manager would be the best move for him. I have no idea if Mowbray would be interested though. 

41 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Have I missed something?

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

What has happened? 

52 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

I heard that it isn't actually Tony Mowbray at all, but an actor done up to look like him. Madame has the real Tony locked in her basement.  Not claiming to be ITK, so make of it what you will! 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

51 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

He can't start with that side.

He is playing a highly technical side this season with 2 up front so Ben can run the channels and dribble.

Personally speaking, that side won't be far off the mark.

Chapman - Lyca new signing

Samuel - Lyca new signing

Ben B - been brilliant in training - Lyca new signing

Ben G - getting there - come Jan will be... Lyca new signing

Just now, Tugayisgod said:

Getting a bit sick of all the negativity on this forum atm. Ffs get a life and give Mowbray a chance to do what he said needed doing this summer. He hasn't been back a week yet from talks and you're already on his back. 

Yeah your right. Forget the venkys wanted to spend on a promotion push and he had to reign them in, forget he said there is cash left over from two windows and now it's vanished, forget that we have to sell our best players and replace them with unproven youth players. Forget that the sole aim of our club is to churn out talent for clubs with ambition, forget he said we need to sign proven championship quality players because the ones we have aren't good enough then back tracked and now we are signing players who need development, forget he said top two is the aim and then everything else that followed suggests a team treading water , forget he's set up a scouting system but we are still being linked to ex Coventry players who have done nothing.

Your right I am negative. I never used to be but I am because i can see what's happening. I wish I could pretend all is going to be rosy and we are slowly building something, we are not. I don't believe Tony can take us forward, I don't believe venkys have our best intentions and I don't believe we will get anywhere near the top six why either is in charge. 

I will stop posting and moaning and lurk in the background because I love this club and want my children to see a full ewood and premier league football and it hurts me that they will never feel the way I did when they are watching mowbray play an ex Coventry striker on the left wing and seeing darragh, dack and anyone else who has a half decent season flogged to a promotion chasing team to see the funds thrown into a blackhole that can probably never be plugged.

The last 12 months and with Tony saying they wanted to back a promotion and there was cash left gave me a glimmer of hope after what has been a horrific decade. You want to be positive fine, I say your burying your head in the sand to the reality of what we are and we're we are going....nowhere

I'm out. Enjoy your transfer thread.

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 3