BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

3 hours ago, Cherry Blue said:

Too much of a liability. Lad at 25 years who likes booze, London and breaking the law since his teens ain't going to commit his life to football.

Sounds like a Mowbray project.

Wasn’t Dack up for assault?

4 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Yeah your right. Forget the venkys wanted to spend on a promotion push and he had to reign them in, forget he said there is cash left over from two windows and now it's vanished, forget that we have to sell our best players and replace them with unproven youth players. Forget that the sole aim of our club is to churn out talent for clubs with ambition, forget he said we need to sign proven championship quality players because the ones we have aren't good enough then back tracked and now we are signing players who need development, forget he said top two is the aim and then everything else that followed suggests a team treading water , forget he's set up a scouting system but we are still being linked to ex Coventry players who have done nothing.

Your right I am negative. I never used to be but I am because i can see what's happening. I wish I could pretend all is going to be rosy and we are slowly building something, we are not. I don't believe Tony can take us forward, I don't believe venkys have our best intentions and I don't believe we will get anywhere near the top six why either is in charge. 

I will stop posting and moaning and lurk in the background because I love this club and want my children to see a full ewood and premier league football and it hurts me that they will never feel the way I did when they are watching mowbray play an ex Coventry striker on the left wing and seeing darragh, dack and anyone else who has a half decent season flogged to a promotion chasing team to see the funds thrown into a blackhole that can probably never be plugged.

The last 12 months and with Tony saying they wanted to back a promotion and there was cash left gave me a glimmer of hope after what has been a horrific decade. You want to be positive fine, I say your burying your head in the sand to the reality of what we are and we're we are going....nowhere

I'm out. Enjoy your transfer thread.

Don't stop posting until you are proved wrong. Then we can all read your contributions for the next ten years...

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Keogh is a great Championship defender. 

God you never say a bad word about the Irish do you! Ask Derby fans if they rate Keogh, I’m not saying he’s poor but he lacks pace these days and tries to play it out from the back even though he struggles too pass the ball! He’s nothing special... And if you think we have any chance of signing Mings you’re in dreamland, he’ll be playing in the prem next season regardless of whether Villa go up.

• Like 3

Mings, Abraham, El Ghazi, Tuanzabe, Mount, Wilson and Tomori.

32% of the starting players on the pitch in the Championship Playoff Final are on loan. Phenomenal stat.

We simply must do better in the loan market this summer. Harrison Reed was possibly one of our best (championship) loans to date but we need to get more ambitious in this area and not splooge our signings on the Rakeem Harper's, Martin Samuelson's and Jack Byrne's of this world.

I'm not suggesting we built a squad with 5 or 6 loans in it, but 2 or 3 quality loans make the difference. If our team had even 2 of those 7 names listed above we would be a playoff chasing team too. Imagine our defense with a Mings in it, or a Tammy Abraham up top.

Edited by Angry_Pirate
  • Like 3

Just now, Butty said:

God you never say a bad word about the Irish do you! Ask Derby fans if they rate Keogh, I’m not saying he’s poor but he lacks pace these days and tries to play it out from the back even though he struggles too pass the ball! He’s nothing special... And if you think we have any chance of signing Mings you’re in dreamland, he’ll be playing in the prem next season regardless of whether Villa go up.

Ya, I say plenty bad about Irish players, it's kind of what we do. I have slated Williams on a number of occasions to give but one example.  It's actually getting a bit annoying people saying that, it's like I can't make a comment on an Irish player, without that being brought up. I don't pull it out every time an English poster says something positive about an English player, Scottish poster says something about a Scottish player etc etc 

You're not saying he is poor? You called him a donkey in your last post  ? I watch him playing for Ireland, so I don't need to ask Derby fans what they think, he is keeping his place there anyway.

Perhaps on Mears, but stranger things have happened. I don't think it's that nailed on he will be in the Premiership next season. 

On 26/05/2019 at 07:49, JeffRover said:

Just to set the record straight. Nixon said that Rovers “MAY need a sale to do ALL they want”. In other words, we probably have a budget of some kind but if TM wants to spend big on a CB and Striker, then he’ll have to sell. We can’t keep spending net £10 million every summer, otherwise we’ll be straight in embargo. That is just a fact.

Nixon knows nowt.

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, I say plenty bad about Irish players, it's kind of what we do. I have slated Williams on a number of occasions to give but one example.  It's actually getting a bit annoying people saying that, it's like I can't make a comment on an Irish player, without that being brought up. I don't pull it out every time an English poster says something positive about an English player, Scottish poster says something about a Scottish player etc etc 

You're not saying he is poor? You called him a donkey in your last post  ? I watch him playing for Ireland, so I don't need to ask Derby fans what they think, he is keeping his place there anyway.

Perhaps on Mears, but stranger things have happened. I don't think it's that nailed on he will be in the Premiership next season. 

Mings is a future England centre half, had that big injury and has come back and gone on loan too Villa and shown his quality.. I was only joking saying Keogh is a donkey, it was my way of saying I don’t particularly rate him. I disagree though, you think Keith Andrews was alright. You’re very favourable too Irish players, nothing wrong with that but it’s the truth.

Just now, OnePhilT said:

Not sure if you're watching the final, but Derby fans seem to love Keogh. He's been the best defender on the pitch, so far.

I think what's said online and what actually happens on the pitch can be two different things. Conway has actually been very good whenever he's been on the pitch for us this season. It's just a frame of mind that his age means he's a clacked out has-been. Sometimes, that's better than what else is on offer. I can't think of many other players who have been as consistent as he has when called upon.

I am watching the play-off final yes, I’ve seen enough of Keogh over the last few years not too rate him believe me. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

I think Villa can afford and attract those players - Mowbray really has his work cut out to do the same. It's a total mystery as to what our intentions are this summer, but I think we're going to have to sell Dack in order to get Mowbray's shopping list - be it loans or permies.

Selling Dack to bring in loans is the very definition of short termism and a lack of vision. It would only pay off if we immediately got promoted. If we didn't then we'd have lost our best player and biggest asset and have nothing to show for it with the loans off to their next club in the summer.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Butty said:

Mings is a future England centre half, had that big injury and has come back and gone on loan too Villa and shown his quality.. I was only joking saying Keogh is a donkey, it was my way of saying I don’t particularly rate him. I disagree though, you think Keith Andrews was alright. You’re very favourable too Irish players, nothing wrong with that but it’s the truth.

I don't think he was great, i just find it odd he is mentioned in the same breath as some of the scumbags he does be at times! 

I'm actually not overly favorable, in fact the opposite I would say, I'm just more familiar with them,.....unfortunately ?

Just now, OnePhilT said:

It depends how we're doing as far as FFP goes. I would be surprised at another £8m surplus season of spending without some recuperation. That surely can't be carried on - can it?

Best take a leaf out of Villa, Derby, Forest or Sheffield Wednesday's books. Hasn't done them any harm.

• Like 1

Just now, OnePhilT said:

I prefer the sensibility that seems to have been restored at the club. Even if it isn't glamorous.

I'm not sure i'd agree that what we have is sensible. More than previously yes but I still think we're miles off what is needed to succeed in this day and age. The fact our football manager is spending May flying around the world to try and persuade the owners to spend some money sums it up.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Butty said:

Cant profess to know any Derby fans but hes been an ever present practically for 4 or 5 years for a consistently top 6 challenging side. His style is a little ungainly and whilst hes ungainly, he can bring the ball out as shown in the build up to Marriotts winner at Leeds in the semi final. Hed be an excellent signing but totally unrealistic.

22 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

Not sure if you're watching the final, but Derby fans seem to love Keogh. He's been the best defender on the pitch, so far.

I think what's said online and what actually happens on the pitch can be two different things. Conway has actually been very good whenever he's been on the pitch for us this season. It's just a frame of mind that his age means he's a clacked out has-been. Sometimes, that's better than what else is on offer. I can't think of many other players who have been as consistent as he has when called upon.

Agree on Keogh but totally disagree on Conway being very good whenever hes been on the pitch. His goal contributions have been a consolation goal at Sheffield Wednesday and a corner to set up Lenihan v Leeds. The 2 good games hes had this season (Sheffield Wednesday and Derby) have been followed by injuries which have become increasingly common. As great a servant as hes been, if we cannot find someone  who can be an upgrade on present day Conway then we really are struggling.

Just now, OnePhilT said:

That's what I was angling at. We haven't really found anybody suitable on the wing. I've got doubts about Chappers staying injury-free, but I can't deny I'm excited about it. I'm just hoping that we unearth a few more gems (code for cheap and good!) to give establish ourselves in the top half. Realistically, we are going to be outside contenders for the play-offs. I'm OK with that, as long as we improve season-on-season.

With Villa going up Adomah could be a good signing for that role has always been a good performer in the Championship but I can't see him playing much in the Premiership.

35 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Best take a leaf out of Villa, Derby, Forest or Sheffield Wednesday's books. Hasn't done them any harm.

Have any of them clubs got as much debt as we do? Genuine question by the way. 

We're in desperate need of a good keeper and a commanding CB to play alongside Lenihan (unless Sheff Utd come in with a silly offer). 

Do that, and play Travis and Rothwell every game they're physically able to, and we'll be much better than last year. 

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

We're in desperate need of a good keeper and a commanding CB to play alongside Lenihan (unless Sheff Utd come in with a silly offer). 

Do that, and play Travis and Rothwell every game they're physically able to, and we'll be much better than last year. 

We will only be much better if we get a player at least as good as Reed in that scenario. 

Just now, Butty said:

Have any of them clubs got as much debt as we do? Genuine question by the way. 

Debt is irrelevant to both Ffp rules and how much a club can spend, especially when nearly all of it is owed to the owners.

Just now, Beanie01289 said:

We will only be much better if we get a player at least as good as Reed in that scenario. 

I think Rothwell is a better player than Reed - but yes it'd be great to bring in a few quality loanees too if we really want to push on. 

I don't envisage us spending much this year, unless we sell Dack / Raya / Lenihan. 

1 hour ago, OnePhilT said:

Mowbray spent around £8m surplus last season. I'm not entirely convinced that he's going to get as much as that this coming season. It'll be loans and frees, mainly, and perhaps a cheap buy or two from Europe, but I think the squad that's been built up in the meantime is a decent nucleus. We are just limited - perhaps based on past mis-spending - by our own turnover and the owners.

Yeah I agree with this.  5-6m in transfer budget, and 50k a week in space in Wages roughly before any sales. 

Need 6 players for me,  GK, CD, LB, CM, RW, ST

Fine with loans and Free Agent Market looks decent. We have enough young talent on the books, so would be looking for a bit of big game experience.