BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

6 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

True, but it's not irrelevant to the long-term future of the club. "Go for it", you say - but that's a dangerous game, and although people might look at Villa today, they were still receiving parachute payments this season (it was their last, I think), which allowed them to keep the likes of Grealish, take a punt on Terry last season, etc. We certainly can't do that now, so any comparison to Villa and "look what happens when you go for it" can't be accounted for, because they were able to afford it, whereas we simply can't.

I don't know how Derby are funding all of these old Chelsea lads, but I bet they have to get up next season, or deal with pay-offs and potential embargoes thereafter. I wonder if they are still having to consider the costs of McClaren and Bent, who ultimately got them nowhere?

Derby announced 14m profit this year as they sold the chairman the stadium.

That's fine but they got all uppity when someone watched them train. 

4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Keogh is a great Championship defender. 

A mistake waiting to happen in every match.

Cost Derby in play off final two or three seasons ago.

Seen him 'live' on numerous occasions.  To me, has a strange body language and I think he's a sandwich short of a picnic. 

• Like 3

Just now, Mercer said:

A mistake waiting to happen in every match.

Cost Derby in play off final two or three seasons ago.

Seen him 'live' on numerous occasions.  To me, has a strange body language and I think he's a sandwich short of a picnic. 

Is he better than what we already have?

5 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

It appears as if everyone thinks Mowbray is coming back with zero budget. Is that what you've all heard? 

Mowbray has set the scene with his words in the LT - 'cleverer and cuter'.  My interpretation of that is he hasn't a pot to p1ss in.

If we got say £10million for Dack, which is very unlikely to me, then I'd be surprised if Mowbray would even get half of that to reinvest.  Lost count of the number of share issues our owners have made just to keep us afloat and I very much doubt it will continue.  Mowbray threw £10million+ at it last summer and I think the Brereton signing might prove to be the straw that's broke the camel's back.

My forecast on net player trading: at best, zero (a few small ins and outs), at worst, surplus of several £million with departing assets such as Lenihan and Dack.

• Like 1

That Brad Lyons lad we signed and loaned to St. Mirren popped up on Twitter earlier.

Forgot we signed him, he's already 22. Anyone know how he got on?

The comments on Twitter from St. Mirren fans were positive.

Edited by davulsukur

This is the exact same situation as last year when Mowbray went to India. He came back and acted like there was no money to invest and suddenly we paid 2.5 million for Armstrong and another ~7 million for Brereton.

Just because he isnt saying anything doesnt mean we havent got anything to spare. Lets judge him by his actions in the market first.

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

That Brad Lyons lad we signed and loaned to St. Mirren popped up on Twitter earlier.

Forgot we signed him, he's already 22. Anyone know how he got on?

The comments on Twitter from St. Mirren fans were positive.

Absolutely driving force for them. He gets everywhere. Not ready for championship but looking at Sunderland yesterday and Leadbitter he’d be a perfect foil if we could get him a loan there.

Hes good on the ball but he’s got a knack of being in the right place at the right time he’s tackles against to Dundee the other week set up the equaliser and sure he did the same at Hamilton weeks before.

His first season as a pro and he’s played a big part at saints keeping them up. Needs a league one loan but generally I rate him.

• Like 5

Just now, Heinz said:

This is the exact same situation as last year when Mowbray went to India. He came back and acted like there was no money to invest and suddenly we paid 2.5 million for Armstrong and another ~7 million for Brereton.

Just because he isnt saying anything doesnt mean we havent got anything to spare. Lets judge him by his actions in the market first.

Yep, it’s the time of year where fans expect managers to reveal their budgets to the rest of the footballing world.

• Like 1

Would be upset and underwhelmed with Keogh, he's a mistake waiting to happen for me. Don't see him as a realistic target either. 

Not many players on those two teams I wouldn't want for the right price but hes one of them, Glen Whelan would be another I'd be worried would be a TM player. Upgrade on Smallwood, but such a dull, uninspiring player.

Watching McGinn this season really makes you wonder what if. Shows the benefits of being proactive in June and not waiting till August when everyone is watching.

Edited by Angry_Pirate
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Mowbray has set the scene with his words in the LT - 'cleverer and cuter'.  My interpretation of that is he hasn't a pot to p1ss in.

If we got say £10million for Dack, which is very unlikely to me, then I'd be surprised if Mowbray would even get half of that to reinvest.  Lost count of the number of share issues our owners have made just to keep us afloat and I very much doubt it will continue.  Mowbray threw £10million+ at it last summer and I think the Brereton signing might prove to be the straw that's broke the camel's back.

My forecast on net player trading: at best, zero (a few small ins and outs), at worst, surplus of several £million with departing assets such as Lenihan and Dack.

17 million we lost last year is this the SCmP salary protocol of L1? Yes. This year was to my maths about 12 so I think our 36 million loss against is therefore 12 or whatever this championship delta has been so continue the value strategy and go for it, if we don’t go up then we sell a Dack. No harm done.

If KPMG are about this summer then I’m sure they’ll be saying to venkys half the clubs can’t spend we can we’ve assets on the balance sheet to cancel losses it’s now or never really.

After 7 years its the best season to actually say without limitation its over to you Venkys....  

Edited by Scotland1

Just now, Heinz said:
Just now, Heinz said:

2.5 million for Armstrong and another ~7 million for Brereton.

Just because he isnt saying anything doesnt mean we havent got anything to spare waste. Lets judge him by his actions in the market first.

Just now, RoverKyle said:

No, in all honesty, he's not. Anyone who thinks he's better than Mulgrew - who the majority of fans feel is a liability - is a sandwich short of a picnic. 

Sorry but he is a better defender than mulgrew. Not one I would pursue as age isn’t on his side but let’s not get over protective of our own instead of being sensible 

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Sorry but he is a better defender than mulgrew. Not one I would pursue as age isn’t on his side but let’s not get over protective of our own instead of being sensible 

OK he is a better defender than Mulgrew. Is he a better defender than Williams. If he is then he should be considered 

48 minutes ago, rigger said:

OK he is a better defender than Mulgrew. Is he a better defender than Williams. If he is then he should be considered 

Most of the champ centre backs are better than those two, doesn’t mean we should look to sign them all. Has to be the right fit for the club 

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Nowhere in that comment am I being over protective of Mulgrew. Just my opinion that Keogh isn't as good as a player a lot of us now consider to be a liability.

37 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Most of the champ centre backs are better than those two, doesn’t mean we should look to sign them all. Has to be the right fit for the club 

Looking at players at other teams with rose tinted glasses and chastising our own, isn't exactly being sensible.

14 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

Nowhere in that comment am I being over protective of Mulgrew. Just my opinion that Keogh isn't as good as a player a lot of us now consider to be a liability.

Looking at players at other teams with rose tinted glasses and chastising our own, isn't exactly being sensible.

Stats don’t lie fella, out goals against column last season wasn’t good enough , goals in the last quarter diabolical 

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Stats don’t lie fella, out goals against column last season wasn’t good enough , goals in the last quarter diabolical 

Keogh isn't the answer. And Mulgrew isn't the only reason we did so poorly at the back last season.

Raya

Nyambe    Lenihen    Mulgrew    Bell        ---- Williams   U23er   Rodwell or A N Other backup

Deal with it boys because it'll be happening............

• Like 1

9 hours ago, J*B said:

Frankie Fieldings brother (Graham Fielding) has posted on Facebook "rumour has it?"

Dont know what that means.

Adele fan ???

• Like 3