BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, JoeHarvey said:

Exactly. Graham is never going to take us past mid-table... how can you take umbrage with that? It's the truth.

Because I don't agree that our mid-table finish was due to our player of the year not doing his job!

I think 15 goals and bringing Dack, Armstrong, Rothwell and others into play as well as he does is good enough for a top 6 finish if we stop the goals at the other end. He needs help though to be sure.

• Like 3

Well he doesn't want to score often enough for us to finish above mid-table? We need a 20+ goal striker to even consider a top half push.

And Brereton is that 20 goal striker is he? I’ll have some of what you’re having please. 

• Like 1

Just now, Neal said:

I'd take Carrol on a pay as you play but I can definatley see him at a club like Burnley. 

If not for the injuries he could have been one of the best players of his generation. 

While we’d be lucky to get 10 games out of him in a season, he’d no doubt do the business when fit. 

Personally I wouldn't mind if the first 2 players in the door were free transfers followed by two genuinely exciting Premier League Loans. 

Plenty of "Free" agents that could walk into our 18, if not 11.

Martin Olsson, Patrick Bauer, Joe Aribo, Todd Cantwell, Nick Powell, Moses Odubajo, Leroy Fer, Yohann Barbet.

Even names like George Honeyman and Graham Carey from league one could come in and add depth we've lost or could lose from Reed, Conway, Rodwell and hopefully Smallwood, Gladwin etc.

Edited by Angry_Pirate

No chance Carroll would come here, pay as you play, get out of it!

He’s been on around 80k a week and there will without doubt PL clubs interested in giving him a proper deal.

Edited by Mattyblue

Just now, Neal said:

I'd take Carrol on a pay as you play but I can definatley see him at a club like Burnley. 

A gamble with poor odds, but a potentially massive pay out. I'd avoid, but I can definitely see the temptation.

Another tempting one would be Adrien (no idea if that's realistic or not). Dropped the odd howler in the top flight, but could be top class at this level.

58 minutes ago, JoeHarvey said:

Well he doesn't want to score often enough for us to finish above mid-table? We need a 20+ goal striker to even consider a top half push.

We just need a solid defence to consider a top half push. We were nearly top half as it was, leaking like mad. We may then also need the striker to consider a play off push.

Sign a couple of decent defenders first and foremost and build from the back. I find all the talk of any position but, unfathomable.

If we sign the likes of Downing, you can only assume the club is still infested and has learnt nothing.

• Like 1

Also, found myself watching this as I couldn't remember many of his goals. Clearly he has talent, but is he much different to Ben Brereton?

2 hours ago, JoeHarvey said:

Graham will never get this team past a mid table season. He’s very consistent, but consistently average. It’s time to move on for me and try something new.

Consistently average at putting the ball in the net ten plus times every season which is what strikers are there for and he'll cost a lot to replace the fact we are being linked with strikers shows you big Ben isn't that man.

Also, found myself watching this as I couldn't remember many of his goals. Clearly he has talent, but is he much different to Ben Brereton?

I bet his performance against Notlob in the relegation season isn't on there.....

He was part of relegation and fucked off, now he fancies coming back eh?......no ta

• Backroom

I’m taking a more laid back approach to this summer, based on last summer for 3 reasons:

1. The list of arrivals last summer was Armstrong, Palmer, Reed, Brereton, Rothwell, Davenport, Rodwell.

None of those were BAD signings, with an argument that Brereton was not worth the money we paid. All of those players either became good regular first team players, or promising for future imo.

2. Most of them were not speculated on to any great extent for more than a couple of days before signing. Palmer, Rothwell, and Davenport were out of nowhere if I remember rightly.

3. The notable signings we ‘missed’ were McGinn and Celina, and we seemingly turned McGeough away in favour of Davenport. Two to Championship parachute teams, one didn’t pull up many trees in a L1 team. Could’ve been worse.

If we do similar business but with a slightly higher calibre of player, I’ll be happy. Going to hold off on hanging myself just because one legit unbelievable free signing doesn’t look like happening.

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 5

Just now, Mike E said:

I’m taking a more laid back approach to this summer, based on last summer for 3 reasons:

1. The list of arrivals last summer was Armstrong, Palmer, Reed, Brereton, Rothwell, Davenport, Rodwell.

None of those were BAD signings, with an argument that Brereton was not worth the money we paid. All of those players either became good regular first team players, or promising for future imo.

2. Most of them were not speculated on to any great extent for more than a couple of days before signing. Palmer, Rothwell, and Davenport were out of nowhere if I remember rightly.

3. The notable signings we ‘missed’ were McGinn, Celina, and we seemingly turned McGeough away in favour of Davenport. Two to Championship parachute teams, one didn’t pull up many trees in a L1 team. Could’ve been worse.

If we do similar business but with a slightly higher calibre of player, I’ll be happy. Going to hold off on hanging myself just because one legit unbelievable free signing doesn’t look like happening.

While you make good points, it feels a bit different to last Summer. Mowbray’s India trip doesn’t seem to have gone particularly well, with some negative sound bites from TM.

However, we DO need to replace Palmer, Reed and Rodwell though (although Mowbray may feel that Chapman has already replaced Palmer).

Just now, Stuart said:

While you make good points, it feels a bit different to last Summer. Mowbray’s India trip doesn’t seem to have gone particularly well, with some negative sound bites from TM.

However, we DO need to replace Palmer, Reed and Rodwell though (although Mowbray may feel that Chapman has already replaced Palmer).

Where are these negative soundbites? He hasn't done an interview since he's been back.....

3 hours ago, JoeHarvey said:

Thats factually incorrect. Only Pukki, Abraham, Maupay, Gayle, Sharp, Rodriguez, McBurnie, Adams and Bowen scored over 20. To compare, Dack and Graham our front 2 got 15 goals each. Derby got in the play off final and their top scorers were Wilson on 15 and Waghorn on 9. Leeds top scorers were Roofe with 14 and Pablo with 12.

Dont get me wrong, we need a new striker, but calling Graham consistently average and suggesting that (especially due to Graham not scoring enough for your liking) that Brereton should start is absolute madness.

• Like 5

Just now, Neal said:

Sharpe saying we are due to have talks with Downing... Has he gone mad? 

He was speaking to Gerrard in Feb over Rangers. His wages are 35k and was due another year at Boro with an extra apparence both Gibson and Pulis then made sure they didn’t select him. 

• Like 1

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Very early days yet. I don’t believe for one second that we’ve shown our hand and I wouldn’t be at all surprised if none of the linked players were on Rovers actual list. Patience 

downing is due in for talks.. ive lost patience