BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

I'll tell you what, I'll offer up a challenge:

For weeks I've been told I'm this that and the other, but you know what, if one of you, just one, could back it up with some evidence that would be great. 
This morning I asked somebody to find evidence that I was "self-promoting" and they declined to do so (presumebly because I have never self-promoted myself)

So... based on some accusations from the last few pages.

Can someone find evidence that I've started an argument?

Just now, JoeHarvey said:

I'll tell you what, I'll offer up a challenge:

For weeks I've been told I'm this that and the other, but you know what, if one of you, just one, could back it up with some evidence that would be great. 
This morning I asked somebody to find evidence that I was "self-promoting" and they declined to do so (presumebly because I have never self-promoted myself)

So... based on some accusations from the last few pages.

Can someone find evidence that I've started an argument?

You mistake declined with can't be arsed.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

You mistake declined with can't be arsed.

So are you going to apologise? ;) I'll assume not.

In future don't say things that aren't true and then decline to back them up with fact. It's unnecessary and rude.

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

BB gets the blame for our losses now? That would be our infamous back 4's problem. I feel a risk of starting BB for lets say half of the starting 8 games is not high. 

Furthermore to the above. Our real issue here is the defense, hopefully we get 2-3 decent players in that area!

Poorly worded. 

I meant, if we start him and then go on to lose the games. Not suggested he would be solely at fault just that you need your best guys playing at the start of a season to hopefully minimise those defeats from happening in the first place.

• Backroom

Would be pretty disappointed if we signed Downing. It would be an indicator to me that we have no significant funds and will be going into the new season with largely the same team we had last season. Selling Dack may raise £3-4m out of the £10m+ we'd theoretically sell him for (no way Tony would get anywhere close to the full amount to reinvest) but I doubt that would adequately replace the goals and assists we'd lose from the sale. 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, JoeHarvey said:

The fee is a representation of what footballing people with much more knowledge than yourself think of him. Why the insistence on not trusting that?

Because we have history.....recent history.

So are you going to apologise? ;) I'll assume not.

In future don't say things that aren't true and then decline to back them up with fact. It's unnecessary and rude.

You quite often mention your 'articles' and that you don't post them on here. You don't actually have to mention them at all. Think about it.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

You quite often mention your 'articles' and that you don't post them on here. You don't actually have to mention them at all. Think about it.

Lie. I don't mention my articles at all. Other people do, and that's out of my control. 

You insist on making shit up about me, why?

Lie. I don't mention my articles at all. Other people do, and that's out of my control. 

You insist on making shit up about me, why?

I didn’t mind this forum before you showed up. Please enjoy maga with the lads & soak up your youth x

Just now, JacknOry said:

Poorly worded. 

I meant, if we start him and then go on to lose the games. Not suggested he would be solely at fault just that you need your best guys playing at the start of a season to hopefully minimise those defeats from happening in the first place.

Yeah i gathered that. Was just being a bit clever. ?. Understand your point fully though mate.

• Like 1

To save others the trouble of scrolling and reading through this tripe, here's the latest:

We've had no news from India following Mowbray's trip there, Conway's going and other than that, we haven't  signed or sold anybody. Only 70 days until the transfer window shuts...

Edited by darrenrover
  • Like 7

Just now, darrenrover said:

To save others the trouble of scrolling and reading through this tripe, here's the latest:

We've had no news from India following Mowbray's trip there, Conway's going and other than that we haven't  signed or sold anybody. Only 70 days until the transfer window shuts...

Has there been any idea/leak of what the message from Venkys was? 

Just now, BG1492 said:

I didn’t mind this forum before you showed up. Please enjoy maga with the lads & soak up your youth x

Tell me, what is it I’ve done that’s ruined this forum for you, except he lambasted by people for no real reason and defend myself?

• Backroom

FFS, Just logged on and saw 5 pages of transfer chat within the last hour and half, thought we'd signed Assombalonga but it turns out that @JoeHarvey is using it as his personal Whatsapp.

Use the DM's mate!

• Like 5

Just now, Madon said:

FFS, Just logged on and saw 5 pages of transfer chat within the last hour and half, thought we'd signed Assombalonga but it turns out that @JoeHarvey is using it as his personal Whatsapp.

Use the DM's mate!

How is that my fault? I can't control that people keep quoting me, I have a right to defend myself no? People continuously going at me for no real reason. Don't make me out to be the instigator, christ.

4 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

We've had no news from India following Mowbray's trip there, Conway's going and other than that, we haven't  signed or sold anybody. Only 70 days until the transfer window shuts...

An what news are you expecting exactly? A breakdown of the transfer budget for your perusal? 

Just now, Madon said:

Use the DM's mate!

Suppose any Assombalonga interest has died with Pulis' sacking. Hard to see how the next Boro manager, whoever it turns out to be, would not try and play to his strengths more than the last one.

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, JoeHarvey said:

But what makes you think that random fans on a forum know more than said scouts and managers. I'm forming an opinion based off the actions of people who know MUCH more about football than me.

Where's everyone forming the opinion that BB isn't good enough and was overpriced from? Because he hasn't started enough matches to be judged on his time here yet.

I'd wager that it's because he's only scored one goal, but I've been wrong before....

(By the way, not writing him off yet and do think he needs more games as well)

Just now, K-Hod said:

I'd wager that it's because he's only scored one goal, but I've been wrong before....

(By the way, not writing him off yet and do think he needs more games as well)

Yeah, I get that. If only the goals at Preston and Bournemouth had have been fairly ruled onside :( 

• Backroom
Just now, Admiral Nelsen said:

Suppose any Assombalonga interest has died with Pulis' sacking. Hard to see how the next Boro manager, whoever it turns out to be, would not try and play to his strengths more than the last one.

Haha yeah, I said Assombalonga in jest aftet Januarys goings on!

This news page is really depressing not even a whisper of a potential signing. Is there any knowledge of if we've money to spend or not?

This Dack sale might be a way of keeping prices down by suggesting we've to sell before buying with the hope of getting players in first but that's not much to inspire confidence.

Would rather improve the defence over any other position. Maybe a premier league loan or two?

• Like 1