BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

• Moderation Lead
42 minutes ago, JoeHarvey said:

I'll tell you what, I'll offer up a challenge:

For weeks I've been told I'm this that and the other, but you know what, if one of you, just one, could back it up with some evidence that would be great. 
This morning I asked somebody to find evidence that I was "self-promoting" and they declined to do so (presumebly because I have never self-promoted myself)

So... based on some accusations from the last few pages.

Can someone find evidence that I've started an argument?

Yeah, I've just logged on and you must feature in pretty much every post I've scrolled through.

Just now, K-Hod said:

I'd wager that it's because he's only scored one goal, but I've been wrong before....

(By the way, not writing him off yet and do think he needs more games as well)

Its also because he "doesn't put himself about", can't head it, doesn't seem to have much of a shot on him and couldn't trap a bag of cement. If he does turn it round his nickname will be Lazarus.

Someone is putting an awful lot of stock in a “scouting network” that has made one and a half decent permanent signings in three years. The half only just about getting into the team towards the end of the season.

The thing is, despite your accusations Joe, we all want Brereton to do well. Realistically he has to or will be a huge failure exactly because of the large price tag that you seem to think automatically makes him a player who should start. Far from it, but he does need to replace Graham as soon as he is able to. Right now that looks a long way off.

As for ‘slander’, I think you are showing your immaturity. On here you are JoeHarvey, BRFCS poster, and unpopular opinions do get challenged - take my word for it! ;) Just make your unpopular opinions articulate and reasoned and buy yourself a tin hat!!

Oh and some of us knew Jason Lowe wasn’t the answer very early on.

Keep smiling - and keep posting.

• Like 1

Just now, K-Hod said:

Yeah, I've just logged on and you must feature in pretty much every post I've scrolled through.

Started, was the key word.

Just now, Stuart said:

Someone is putting an awful lot of stock in a “scouting network” that has made one and a half decent permanent signings in three years. The half only just about getting into the team towards the end of the season.

The thing is, despite your accusations Joe, we all want Brereton to do well. Realistically he has to or will be a huge failure exactly because of the large price tag that you seem to think automatically makes him a player who should start. Far from it, but he does need to replace Graham as soon as he is able to. Right now that looks a long way off.

As for ‘slander’, I think you are showing your immaturity. On here you are JoeHarvey, BRFCS poster, and unpopular opinions do get challenged - take my word for it! ;) Just make your unpopular opinions articulate and reasoned and buy yourself a tin hat!!

Oh and some of us knew Jason Lowe wasn’t the answer very early on.

Keep smiling - and keep posting.

I'm smiling (how could I not be, watching the cricket on a cheeky day off)

Not bothered about people not agreeing with me. It's people calling me an "ITK wannabe" and a "spinster" etc.. during a conversation about BB and DG that got to me. Wasn't needed and isn't true.

Anyway, I'm not saying anything else on the matter as I'm sick of talking about it, and I'm clearly not allowed to defend myself against stuff like that without making myself the bad guy.

Edited by JoeHarvey

16 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

An what news are you expecting exactly? A breakdown of the transfer budget for your perusal? 

I'd assume that the Rovers lot go over and give their pitch for what they want to do next season then just have to sit back and wait for approval whilst the money men from both sides then have a debate. Then it'll get presented up at the next family meeting for full approval and to be fair they usually rubber stamp to under pin the running costs so you'd think a similar budget to last season on that score.

Whatever else happens won't fully reveal itself until the seasons kicked off so no point grilling ourselves. Expect the worst and anything else is a bonus...of sorts.

To stay on topic, my thoughts on some of the links i've seen this week.

Fielding - Meh. If it's a signing to push Raya a bit more, fine, as he has plenty of Championship experience and would provide a genuine threat to him. If (and I don't think we are) we're looking for a new number 1 we need to be recruiting somebody better.

Bauer - A big no nonsense centre back who I think would complement Lenihan & would definitely go a long way towards addressing the glaring frailties from last season. He's free and I'm sure he'd improve our back 4 if he walked through the door tomorrow, on that logic if the wages are reasonable I'd be happy with him. That said, budget dependant and if we're only going to bring one centre back in, I'd like to see us at least attempt to go and bring in a big lad who has proven he can do it at this level and possibly beyond; somebody of the Jake Cooper mould.

Maher - Looks class. Would be over the moon if we signed him but looks like we'll miss out to a team who'll be playing in the Europa League; can't do much about that.

Downing - Wouldn't be looking at him as starting 11. Could be useful as a composed option/Conway replacement when required to complement the other young gung-ho lads we have. Also played behind the striker in recent times for Boro so could be an option to play second fiddle to Dack for a year, on top of being wing cover. If wages are similar, as a one year option, I'd rather bring him in over another Kasey Palmer loan type.

Gallagher - Not the out and out goalscorer we'd love but he's a decent player and has good physical attributes. Much more likely to be Graham's replacement than anybody else we have, and has the experience/is of the age to make an impact on the first team straight away. If we can't find better value/better abroad, I'm all for it.

• Like 2

A player I’ve liked and mentioned numerous times on here Jon Taylor has announced he’s leaving Rotherham, he’s now out of contract. He’s there record signing at 500k and there fans are gutted he’s leaving.. I like him and he’d be a great option for us on the wing, an actual out and out winger who isn’t scared of tracking back either. Sign him up. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, 47er said:

Its also because he "doesn't put himself about", can't head it, doesn't seem to have much of a shot on him and couldn't trap a bag of cement. If he does turn it round his nickname will be Lazarus.

And he is weak as piss and falls over at the brush of a shoulder.

Lazarus needs 6 goals in the first 2 months or he simply ain't a Championship quality striker.

Edited by OldEwoodBlue

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

I would have Charlie Austin as our number one target this summer.

I’d love that too happen but I think there’s a couple of lower end prem teams plus a good few championship teams who would pay him a lot more than we would. Shame really as I still believe he’d score goals for fun at championship level. 

Just now, Butty said:

A player I’ve liked and mentioned numerous times on here Jon Taylor has announced he’s leaving Rotherham, he’s now out of contract. He’s there record signing at 500k and there fans are gutted he’s leaving.. I like him and he’d be a great option for us on the wing, an actual out and out winger who isn’t scared of tracking back either. Sign him up. 

Good shout. Proper winger, low risk financially. Potential to improve the starting 11 but would improve options from the bench at the very least.

• Like 3

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

I would have Charlie Austin as our number one target this summer.

100% agree. Perfect replacement for DG and could imo do a better job along with a fairly reasonable transfer fee as Southampton are trying to get rid, only issues I can see would be wages, which I imagine would be out of our budget. Sadly I could see him ending up at a Cardiff or Sheffield United.

In terms of the priority signing of a CB I think we need abit more quality to fix our defensive issues than a Bauer if I’m honest, hoping we go for Lindsay or Cooper.  

Edited by TruRover

I think Mowbray prefers the old boys network rather than gamble a few quid on Taylor who'd be a useful shout.

One of Conways remaining strengths was he rolled his sleeves up and got stuck into the defensive stuff on the wing but sadly his legs meant it wasn't always that effective but he stuck to his job.  Downing although far more pedigree as a player won't be doing that it's not really in his game never mind being THIRTY FIVE !

And no he isn't Gordan Cowans either nowhere near that level even at his best.

Carroll and Austin not for me unless they're the icing on the cake. Too old and certainly too injury prone. Given our luck with injuries over the years I expect they'd spend most of their time sat on the treatment table. If we sign someone else plus one of those then fine. Too many eggs in one small basket otherwise.

No chance of either really anyway. Too expensive, don't fit the self-proclaimed policy and both will have PL interest. Doubt Mowbray would even want Carroll as his speciality isn't really compatible with Mowbray's approach with no wingers.

• Backroom
25 minutes ago, yeti-dog said:

Just read the last 4-5 pages, sadly, that's 10 minutes of my life I'll never get back and that's not just blaming the new fella, one or two of the regulars really need to rein it in a bit too and stop poking him.

Back to transfers - has anyone got anything of note at all - Madon? Kamy? Anyone...……...

<sound of tumbleweed blowing through the forum>

Bugger all from me at the moment,  not sure I'll get much to be honest after I leaked the away kit design, Assombalonga interest and Mowbray watching AZ vs Hercules!

I've had a bit of a slapped wrist to say the least ?

• Like 1

Just now, JHRover said:

Carroll and Austin not for me unless they're the icing on the cake. Too old and certainly too injury prone. Given our luck with injuries over the years I expect they'd spend most of their time sat on the treatment table. If we sign someone else plus one of those then fine. Too many eggs in one small basket otherwise.

No chance of either really anyway. Too expensive, don't fit the self-proclaimed policy and both will have PL interest. Doubt Mowbray would even want Carroll as his speciality isn't really compatible with Mowbray's approach with no wingers.

We play with a lone target man, so I am sure Big Andy would fit in just swell.

Well maybe not actually, because we are moving to a technical, possession based style with false a 9, 10, 11 and possibly 1 if Raya doesn't sort his shit out. Maybe we should inquire about Messi? Actually, he is probably too old. 

Just now, Madon said:

Bugger all from me at the moment,  not sure I'll get much to be honest after I leaked the away kit design, Assombalonga interest and Mowbray watching AZ vs Hercules!

I've had a bit of a slapped wrist to say the least ?

Feck the begrudgers-keep it coming! 

• Backroom

Struggling to see what JoeHarvey did that prompted the fiasco that was the last few pages.

His articles get posted on here with some comments, he responds and then gets jumped on by several people.

I’d say perhaps everyone needs to calm down and remember his articles look more like ‘round-ups’ of info, rather than actual rumour mill. Also Joe, don’t feel you have to respond to them all.

• Like 5

It was a debate, no?

A couple of people got a bit personal, but I thought the rest of us (Joe included) were just chewing the fat on BB, a big signing for the club.

Whats the problem with that? Or if it’s in the wrong thread, just move it.

Edited by Mattyblue

Clubs like us dont do business this early in the window.

No point signing someone and paying them 10k a week to go on holiday to ibiza, then run about in pre season.

Most clubs will save themselves the wages and make signings later.

There will be the odd exception, but its not likely