BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Bootlaces said:

Id also take Bradley Johnson on a free

Yeah he's a good player, I remember him absolutely dominating our midfield at Ewood a few years ago in a game against Norwich.

Tommy Elphick and Albert Adomah released by villa, I’d take both. A fully fit Elphick would be a great centre half partner for Lenihan, he impressed on loan at Hull this season by all accounts and Villa fans seem too rate him, had bad luck with injuries that’s hopefully behind him now. Adomah would be a good option on the wing, he’s not the trickiest but he gets up and down and he’s got pace. If we sign either Jon Taylor or Adomah I’d be pleased, if we sign Downing I’ll be fooking fuming. 

• Like 3

Just now, OnePhilT said:

Maybe there'll be more of an idea of the outcome of Mowbray's trip to India once this news drops.

Knowing Sharpe it won't be too explosive, but at the same time, I don't think it would be in any ones benefit if he came out and said that things went well. It would just lead to other clubs and agents looking for more money. 

Just now, Butty said:

Tommy Elphick and Albert Adomah released by villa, I’d take both. A fully fit Elphick would be a great centre half partner for Lenihan, he impressed on loan at Hull this season by all accounts and Villa fans seem too rate him, had bad luck with injuries that’s hopefully behind him now. Adomah would be a good option on the wing, he’s not the trickiest but he gets up and down and he’s got pace. If we sign either Jon Taylor or Adomah I’d be pleased, if we sign Downing I’ll be fooking fuming. 

would be great bit of business that, both would be upgrades on our squad

7 minutes ago, Butty said:

Elphick is a great shout. Not usually a fan of signing players over 30, but given we've got a young squad, a player with his pedigree as a foil for Darragh could be a master-stroke. 

Adomah could be quality, but seems to blow hot and cold too much for me. He'd probably expect to start at a club who finished mid table last year, and be on a decent whack, I'd be interested if his wages wouldn't be too high. 

I like some of the names that are being mentioned. Andy Carrol, Austin are all great players but will all have been on contracts of 70k a week and above. Could Rovers offer them anywhere near that? I doubt it...I wouldn't think Mowbray would want to disrupt the dressing room like that. 

I think Jon Taylor, and Bauer are good shouts for the team, with Fielding as a back up as I think Raya needs to be given time to progress lets all remember it was his first proper season in the Championship. Also we need to use the loan Market to our advantage. Emerson Hyndman could be a decent one he did well at Fulham before heading out to Bournmouth. Gallagher i would take back on Loan as well i don't think 5m is the right deal to get him. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

If Brereton cost 7 million, 5 million for Gallagher would be a  good deal. If he came here on loan and did well, we could forget about getting him for that much. By doing well I mean the same as the last time where he scored 12 goals I think it was. 

Not worth 5 million if TM is going too play him on the wing again. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Could be a good value back up for Dack 

You mustn't have seen him play then. The lad is nothing like Dack position wise. He's a midfielder who normally plays in front of the back four. So a replacement/back up for either Evans or Travis. He a busy little pass and move type player who's always in the game and looking to get on the ball. As I said earlier he's what I thought we were getting when we signed Danny Murphy, somebody to direct the traffic in the centre of the pitch a la Gordon Cowans.  Although he'll try and put a tackle in his lack of size handicaps him in that respect.

When I saw him play he was the best player on the pitch but that was at a level down from us.

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

If Brereton cost 7 million, 5 million for Gallagher would be a  good deal. If he came here on loan and did well, we could forget about getting him for that much. By doing well I mean the same as the last time where he scored 12 goals I think it was. 

I don't get your logic there. Just because we paid £7m for Big Ben it doesn't mean he's worth it. I'm not a Gallagher fan either. If you rolled the two of them together you wouldn't have an in form Danny Graham.

• Like 4

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I don't get your logic there. Just because we paid £7m for Big Ben it doesn't mean he's worth it. I'm not a Gallagher fan either. If you rolled the two of them together you wouldn't have an in form Danny Graham.

Simple logic, Gallagher would be a good buy at 5 million in todays market. 

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Simple logic, Gallagher would be a good buy at 5 million in todays market. 

As with most transfers the merits or not of paying the asking price will only become clear down the line. It's a gamble but one you have to be prepared to take from time to time if you seek success or big returns on trading.

Here and now there's no argument that the Brereton one has been a waste of money. But if he comes good, there's a decent chance yet that one day we will make a profit on him. Same with Gallagher. At his age, with his pedigree, I reckon he'd be worth a punt. No guarantees either way but there are signs it's worth doing.

Obviously next question is how much we have overall to spend. If it is £6 million I'm not in favour of spending £5 million of that on Gallagher. If we've £10 million+ (lol) then I'd be doing it.

I'd be delighted with a 3 pronged recruitment of Gallagher, Hanley and Reed which would go a long way to sorting things out. Probably talking £10 million + for all 3 though.

• Like 1

I actually thought the article was quite good, calling for continuity. Mowbray has a similar budget to last year which is perfectly fine, 8-10m we have a chance to add a few key players and aim to challenge for top 6. The bed wetting needs to stop on here. 

As a Hibs fan, love McGeouch but he is not what we are looking for, injury prone and lacks athleticism for me. Fantastic passer of the ball though.  Not up to Championship standard in my opinion, should head back up to Hibs or Aberdeen. Wasn't first choice in League 1. 

Shame about Jacob Murphy, but I'm sure he ends up in the Championship somewhere. Right age, position etc, Surplus to requirements with the new sheik.

Next name up for Right Wing is Oliver Burke from West Brom, had a mixed time on loan with Celtic, but there were a few games I saw where he was unplayable. Right age for resell. Don't know if he is available or not. 

----------------New---------------

Nyambe New Lenihan New

--------------Travis New-------

----------New Dack Rothwell

------------------New-------------

I would target 6 new players this summer, with only a few leaving. 

Need new GK to challenge Raya

Need New Dominant Centre Half

Need New Starting Left Back, although I like Bell more than most on here. Fine at RB, with Travis able to cover, Bennett wont be going anywhere, JRC able to play there too.

Get Travis a proper quality athletic partner at Centre Midfield

Need a goal threat on the Right Wing, more of an inside forward, Brereton has been tried here to poor results, but I understand why.

New target man needed desperately.

We have enough depth in the squad and enough quality youngsters coming through the 6 new players need to be good enough to go straight into the starting eleven. 

Joe Hart GK (1m Loan Supplement) Them - I don't know how it would work but a season long loan makes sense. 

Jake Cooper CB (4m) Millwall

Jonas Knudson LB (Free) Ipswich

Harrison Reed CM (3m) Southampton

Oliver Burke RW (Loan) West Brom

Charlie Austin ST (1m, 1m wage supplement) Southampton

There is 10m right there, and a team good enough to challenge for top 6.

Edited by Fraserkirky