BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

9 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I don't think he does that's why he's trying to maximise from the hardcore and putting his shirt on big away followings. 

Telling his manager to cut the deadwood off the payroll and not just add squaddies to it so they can put the money towards the wages of a couple of imaginative signings, however they are delivered, could be the difference between raising the averages a couple of thousand or seeing it drop back further.

There's no quick fix in Blackburn unless you show serious ambition.

You can only maximise that limited income so far, certainly doesn’t lend itself to being a regular in the top 6 of the Championship.

Good job we have a benefactor model, ay...

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Albert Adomah been released by Villa would be a very good signing for us, a natural wide man exactly what we need. 

I really wouldn't expect a wideman to come in.

Rothwell, Armstrong, Bennett, Chapman, Brereton & Samuel will occupy the wide spots next season.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Of those though Chapman is the only natural wideman

Judging by what we have seen of TM so far, and I have nothing against him and like what he has done here for the most part, do you really think something like that bothers him?

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

I don’t know anyone who plays with out and out wingers these days tbh.

A common myth. Look at last season. Benrahma, Canos and Watkins at Brentford. Hernandez and Buendia at Norwich. Harrison at Leeds. Barkhuizen at Preston. Murphy, Montero, Barnes and Phillips at WBA. Adomah, Green and El Ghazi at Villa. Wilson, Jozefzoon and Holmes at Derby. Lolley at Forest. Eliasson at Bristol City. James and Dyer at Swansea. Grosicki and Bowen at Hull. Ince and McLean at Stoke. Taylor at Rotherham. Maghoma at Birmingham. Osayi Samuel at QPR. Edwards at Ipswich. Ameobi at Bolton.

One or two of them may be wingers who play on their weaker side and cut in, but wingers are very much still effective. I also think from our current team, Armstrong is 100x more effective on the right playing as a winger than on the left repeatedly coming into traffic.

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

One or two of them may be wingers who play on their weaker side and cut in, but wingers are very much still effective. I also think from our current team, Armstrong is 100x more effective on the right playing as a winger than on the left repeatedly coming into traffic.

Armstrong isn't a winger. A good winger can beat a man and cross a ball; Armstrong can't do either.  

• Like 1

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Armstrong isn't a winger. A good winger can beat a man and cross a ball; Armstrong can't do either.  

No he's not Jim, but if he's going to have to play out wide I'd rather see him on the right than the left.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

Just now, jim mk2 said:

That's categorically wrong, he's beaten plenty of full backs. Largely due to being faster than the vast majority of them. He doesn't do it with trickery, it's mostly kick and rush, but he absolutely can do it.

Not much of a crosser though.

• Like 1

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Neither are Brereton, Samuel and one or two others, they aren't wide mids or wide strikers either but......

Just now, bluebruce said:

That's categorically wrong, he's beaten plenty of full backs. Largely due to being faster than the vast majority of them. He doesn't do it with trickery, it's mostly kick and rush, but he absolutely can do it.

Not much of a crosser though.

He plays the wide channels by getting behind defenders with his pace but I've never seen him beat a defender one-on-one. His final ball is usually poor. That's not a winger

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Hes not the best crosser but being on his natural side makes his game far simpler. Look at his assists v Ipswich, Brentford and QPR, bursts of acceleration followed by dangerous crosses.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

He plays the wide channels by getting behind defenders with his pace but I've never seen him beat a defender one-on-one. His final ball is usually poor. That's not a winger

You must be watching a different Adam Armstrong then mate if you reckon you've never seen it, or you're grossly exaggerating.

No, he's not a winger. But let's not make things up.

Edited by bluebruce

Just now, bluebruce said:

But let's not make things up.

I've never seen Armstrong take on and beat a defender. No doubt someone will provide a link to him doing it but I've never seen it. 

Just now, jim mk2 said:

I've never seen Armstrong take on and beat a defender. No doubt someone will provide a link to him doing it but I've never seen it. 

He was unplayable for a period of around 6 weeks. He ruined Brentford away. 

54 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Agreed. Armstong has one decent game in 6. Personally not strong enough and his final ball is poor. Overrated player and would have chapman & Rothwell over him on the sides all season.

• Like 1

Journalist on twitter saying Grosicki at Hull is on his way. £1.5m bid supposedly accepted.

Forest have been chasing him. Could be bollocks but at least it’s something.

05455124-AE34-42BE-A685-ED23DED9DB25.jpeg.56599d16e2b4d5c4282e033900ebcd5c.jpeg

Just now, JoeHarvey said:

Journalist on twitter saying Grosicki at Hull is on his way. £1.5m bid supposedly accepted.

Forest have been chasing him. Could be bollocks but at least it’s something.

Grosicki is 31 this week so he's (a bit) younger than Conway. Poland international with decent goalscoring record.

His wife/partner will be welcome at Ewood.

image.jpeg.4e2c85f65f80a2ae6688ad3e6f13f584.jpeg

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 3

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

Don't know much about him. He any good?

Not a clue. Likely bollocks. Even Alan Nixon won’t put his name to it.

All I know is Forest looking at him.