BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

22 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Gladwin has surely signed his. I imagine he signed it the minute it was offered. He wouldn't have any better alternatives. Probably on very little. Relatively of course. 

OK well he hasn't according to the LT. I'm surprised too, but that's the case.

And yep I'd definitely take 1-1.5 million for Bennett. I like him as a squad player, but the manager being unable to start him every week regardless would be the main benefit. He is probably in our higher tier of earners too (albeit at the lower end of that tier) given when he signed and being one of our 'senior pros'. It'd also be good value for him anyway. Don't see us being offered it.

Edited by bluebruce

34 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

How can they even pass that off as a story? I thought Nixon had exclusive rights to bullshit Blackburn stories too, he wont be happy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Would ye take 1-1.5 million for Bennett? He put a picture on instagram with his agent. I wonder would his agent run stuff by him about clubs being interested. 

I’ll start the car 

I’d take a half drank bottle of lilt and a packet of Haribo for Bennett

Edited by Fraserkirky

5 hours ago, Mr. E said:

Would it be absurd to ask about Sturridge? I mean his last outing was at West Brom where he failed miserably, he can't have his sights set too high...plus here he would be a guaranteed starter every game. This is if he wants to play football. If he is happy warming the bench with much higher wager at another club for the rest of his career...that would be unfortunate.

Yes.  He’ll be at somewhere like West Ham next season earning £60k a week.  He’s not going to drop into the lower leagues from the fringes of Liverpool ‘s team and his wages will be off the scale.

5 hours ago, Mr. E said:

Would it be absurd to ask about Sturridge? I mean his last outing was at West Brom where he failed miserably, he can't have his sights set too high...plus here he would be a guaranteed starter every game. This is if he wants to play football. If he is happy warming the bench with much higher wager at another club for the rest of his career...that would be unfortunate.

Yes. Totally absurd and frankly, the sort of post which makes me wonder what on earth people are expecting. We will be paying maximum wages of 15-20K.

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

How can they even pass that off as a story? I thought Nixon had exclusive rights to bullshit Blackburn stories too, he wont be happy.

It's not a story. They're trying to pick up Love Island clicks.

Just now, J*B said:

Yes. Totally absurd and frankly, the sort of post which makes me wonder what on earth people are expecting. We will be paying maximum wages of 15-20K.

Sturridge?! What the f**k. He’s made of glass but I guarantee wherever he ends up he’ll be on four times as much as our top earner! 

5 minutes ago, J*B said:

It's not a story. They're trying to pick up Love Island clicks.

That was my thought when I saw his girlfriend's name in the very URL of the link. I do wonder in general how much of the redtop transfer speculation on Dack is due to his missus and the idea that churning out stories about him will make good clickbait. 

We don't need Sturridge, we don't need Downing or any of these luxury players the squad has to carry we just need a good centre half, some steel in the middle, a good striker and some more youthful pace out wide if possible. Needn't cost the earth because they don't really need to be great to be better than some we have in those positions.

Players are out there so why waste wages carrying non contributors and why load more risky bods on the wage bill who are unlikely to start every week ?

No need to give homes to the old boys network or feel sorry for players who've had thousands per week out the club and given little back.

Time to think tough.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, roverandout said:

5 years ago, sturridge was a world class footballer. Outstanding talent but he's gone the way of many talented english strikers, collymore, jansen, etc who took the foot of the pedal. Such a waste. Why did he join west brom when inter wanted him?

Are you for real?! That is the most ridiculous thing I've read in a long time. I can't even put into words how wrong it is. It's actually really annoyed me.

• Like 3

Just now, Igloo5090 said:

Would anyone take Ross McCormack on a free transfer? Haven’t heard much about him recently but he’s just been released by Villa

No chance. Hes playing shit football, for a shit team, in a shit Australian league. Hes done, only playing for the easiest money he can in the best location he can find. 

Rather get Lyle Taylor from Charlton myself. Scored bucket loads for Wimbledon, top scorer in the league for Charlton this year, 12 months left. Quick, strong, set pieces, cheap. Good competition.

• Like 4

Would anyone take Ross McCormack on a free transfer? Haven’t heard much about him recently but he’s just been released by Villa

He’s finished. He’s played about three games in two years. 32 and can’t get fit at all. He’s done. No no no no and no. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Igloo5090 said:

He was playing in the same team as Usain Bolt last season - says it all for me.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, roverandout said:

I know my comment about Jansen was out of context. He got badly injured. I was just trying to think of players who didn't fulfill their potential

You said that Jansen was a player who took his ‘foot off the pedal’. 

Some might say that after nearly being killed in a motorbike accident, Jansen did well just to walk on to a pitch again.

Its not quite the same scenario as Sturridge..

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

You said that Jansen was a player who took his ‘foot off the pedal’. 

Some might say that after nearly being killed in a motorbike accident, Jansen did well just to walk on to a pitch again.

& Sturridge has had awful luck with injuries throughout his career, can hardly attribute it to him ‘taking his foot off the pedal’ either.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

You said that Jansen was a player who took his ‘foot off the pedal’

He didn't take his foot off the peddle, that was the unfortunate bit.

• Like 1

Pretty resounding no to McCormack then haha. I think Okazaki is out of contract too in the summer, would that be realistic?

He was on 60K a week at Leceister, is now 33 and is a massive star in Japan. Try again!

• Like 3