BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

11 hours ago, arbitro said:

I agree completely. He got several new contracts around transfer window time when he sulked about not getting a move. As good as he was for us he sullied his reputation through sheer greed and blackmail.

Not in Duffy's class there though!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Angry_Pirate said:

That list of names is flat embarrassing.

Good job Sharpe didn't keep going as it was probably Carlos Villanueva in 2008, Maceo Rigters in 2007, Jason Brown in 2006, Shefki Kuqi in 2005, Javi De Pedro in 2004, David Yelldell in 2003, Sebastian Pelzer in 2002 and Ciccio Grabbi in 2001?

The sad list of our first summer signings probably (likely) goes on...

I was so excited when we signed Rigters.

I was on holiday, saw the SSN breaking headline, stopped for a beer. I thought we'd signed a worldie.

49 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I was so excited when we signed Rigters.

I was on holiday, saw the SSN breaking headline, stopped for a beer. I thought we'd signed a worldie.

Same. IIRC he was player of the tournament and top scorer at an Under 21 World Cup. Sure we paid some daft figure like £3m for him... That's almost half a Ben Brereton for Christ sakes.

I confess I was also buzzing about Corrado Grabbi and Javier De Pedro...

I am not buzzing about any of our links so far this summer.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Same. IIRC he was player of the tournament and top scorer at an Under 21 World Cup. Sure we paid some daft figure like £3m for him... That's almost half a Ben Brereton for Christ sakes.

Nah it was nothing like that. Fairly cheap deal. Don't remember the reported fee but it was a lot less than that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Nah it was nothing like that. Fairly cheap deal. Don't remember the reported fee but it was a lot less than that.

1 million, 4-year contract, very rare sub appearances at Rovers, loaned to anyone who was desperate, left on a Free and retired from Football soon after. A classic.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

1 million, 4-year contract, very rare sub appearances at Rovers, loaned to anyone who was desperate, left on a Free and retired from Football soon after. A classic.

Yup. For every Shearer, Douglas or Tugay there are a thousand Dahlins, Rigters and Koitas. Trouble is, the game is so fooked up that even a hint of talent is jumped on by a whole swathe of leeches who see an easy pay-day opportunity, rather than the chance to make a real difference in the sport.

Money is the root of all evil. Football, by this definition, is akin to Hades itself.

Didnt he get a hat-trick in some youth international tournament for Holland and ended up as the leading scorer in the tournament? Talk about judging a player on a few good games.

Just now, JacknOry said:

Didnt he get a hat-trick in some youth international tournament for Holland and ended up as the leading scorer in the tournament? Talk about judging a player on a few good games.

That's kinda how Brereton looks presently, he has had some great youth international showings. Sadly not so much here, to date. 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17692190.experience-could-take-priority-over-overseas-for-rovers/

The message from Waggott is that Mowbray will predominantly go for experienced Championship players and not too many European based ones. This is despite Mowbray decrying the fees and wages of this type of player. One of his reasons in his opinion is that they take too long too settle in but we have had a £7m player warming the bench and playing for the under 23's.

It seems to me that he is paving the way for a summer of mediocrity where signings are concerned.

• Like 8

The soundbites coming from the club contradict themselves daily.  TM was adamant at his meeting with the fans that we were ready to plunder the European market...but now we aren't. Experienced champ players to me are in the 27-32 age range not 35 or over...but no links to any of them. 

It's pretty clear that we are unable to compete for any decent players financially.  Something we don't seem to have learnt from last year.  We don't have any pulling power any more so higher wages is the only way to get some quality in.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, laughatthedingles said:

Strong rumours over in Rochdale are we are close to agreeing a fee for Callum Camps.

You missed an ‘o’. It’s actually 52 year old Mexican legend Jorge ‘Campos’ coming in alongside the evergreen Downing and Whelan.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Would've fit right in this ownership era !

Hughes didn't get many wrong though so we'll forgive him that one.

• Like 1

Just now, tomphil said:

Would've fit right in this ownership era !

Hughes didn't get many wrong though so we'll forgive him that one.

I'd forgotten it was under Hughes. Really his only very bad signing amongst a lot of superb recruitment.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mark-hughes/spielertransfers/trainer/1646/plus/0?station_id=2636

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, laughatthedingles said:

Strong rumours over in Rochdale are we are close to agreeing a fee for Callum Canps.

This is another one that keeps cropping up every transfer window. Is he any better than what we have?

Dear supporters,

Tony and Steve's bullshit transfer-chat roadshow has now finished it's European tour. We've had a lovely time sampling some delightful European ales but ultimately we've decided washed-up Brits who probably can't even run are where the real value is. We like to call it the Whitto model. 

But we'll definitely have the scouting sorted soon. Please bear with us. Then we'll be 'doing a Norwich' or whatever club is doing well at that time. The details really don't matter. What's important is that we make you think we know what we're doing. We don't, which is why we keep kicking the scouting can down the road and saying in 6 months/12 months/3 years* (*delete as applicable) we'll be signing some real European gems. We won't, but please buy a Season Ticket. We're building a club.

Regards,

The Bullshit Brothers. 

Edited by blueboy3333
  • Like 7

Asked about the likelihood of seeing overseas signings this summer, Waggott added "We could. Stuart Harvey and his team have been out and about in Europe in the last two or three months. Tony and Mark Venus have been out, but you tend to find out that when you select a player, you’re not the only show in town.”

Who'd have thought it? Good players get watched by different clubs. It can't be said Waggott doesn't earn his money with revelations like that.  

• Like 1