BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Dear supporters,

Tony and Steve's bullshit transfer-chat roadshow has now finished it's European tour. We've had a lovely time sampling some delightful European ales but ultimately we've decided washed-up Brits who probably can't even run are where the real value is. We like to call it the Whitto model. 

But we'll definitely have the scouting sorted soon. Please bear with us. Then we'll be 'doing a Norwich' or whatever club is doing well at that time. The details really don't matter. What's important is that we make you think we know what we're doing. We don't, which is why we keep kicking the scouting can down the road and saying in 6 months/12 months/3 years* we'll be signing some real European gems. We won't, but please buy a Season Ticket. We're building a club.

Regards,

The Bullshit Brothers. 

*delete as applicable

Tony can play Elwood Blues in ''The Bullshit Blues Brothers", sorry can't Photoshop

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

The soundbites coming from the club contradict themselves daily.  TM was adamant at his meeting with the fans that we were ready to plunder the European market...but now we aren't. Experienced champ players to me are in the 27-32 age range not 35 or over...but no links to any of them. 

It's pretty clear that we are unable to compete for any decent players financially.  Something we don't seem to have learnt from last year.  We don't have any pulling power any more so higher wages is the only way to get some quality in.

24/25 is a young kid as far as Mowbray is concerned. 27-32 must be coming of age. 33-35 therefore is experiencing.

I don’t know why they don’t just come out and say, well the wage budget is slightly increased but transfer fees are out of the question having spent £10m last Summer. Brereton really needs to come good.

We also need some flukey brilliant free signings in defence. Although I can well see the same back four as last season and the same problems game after game. The same excuses from Mowbray, and the same recriminations on here.

Again we need to make sure we score 2-3 goals per game because we won’t be keeping many clean sheets. 

• Like 1

Just now, Scotland1 said:

350 k

I don't usually do this but what is your source?

My memory plus Google checks go with just over 1 million

Would Hughes etc have given a 350k signing a 4-year deal? Doesn't add up.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17692190.experience-could-take-priority-over-overseas-for-rovers/

The message from Waggott is that Mowbray will predominantly go for experienced Championship players and not too many European based ones. This is despite Mowbray decrying the fees and wages of this type of player. One of his reasons in his opinion is that they take too long too settle in but we have had a £7m player warming the bench and playing for the under 23's.

It seems to me that he is paving the way for a summer of mediocrity where signings are concerned.

Looks like he's come back from India with the usual handful of magic beans.

Ive not been paying complete attention to the transfer market but am I right in thinking a few weeks ago we were looking at young players who could add value with a team of people scouting Europe for gems. Now we’re after washed up championship campaigners. 

That seems to be something of a 180 degree turn.  

Just now, matt83 said:

Ive not been paying complete attention to the transfer market but am I right in thinking a few weeks ago we were looking at young players who could add value with a team of people scouting Europe for gems. Now we’re after washed up championship campaigners. 

Welcome to Steve and Tony's wonderful world of bullshit. It's not a new thing. 

• Like 2

I would be more excited giving two of our youth players a chance in the squad than signing Whelan and Downing.

They will want decent wages for the last contracts of their careers, and I can't imagine they will give anything like the effort Craig Conway would have done this coming season.

Really disappointing. 

7 minutes ago, matt83 said:

We’re like a young lad on the pull. Starts the night with lofty designs on drop dead gorgeous girls. But finishes the hunt at 2am in the kebab shop with some rotter.   

Which is fine but don’t bang on about the stunners when we all know it’s an anything will do job

Are you Ian Holloway?

☺️

• Like 5

Just now, arbitro said:

Are you Ian Holloway?

☺️

Ha. Give me that barrel of tits any day.

The thing that irritates me the most about waggott propaganda is I foolishly take him at his word.

I would much prefer him say look we’re Blackburn Rovers not Barcelona, we’re £150 million in debt we need to cut our cloth accordingly and if that means signing has beens the wrong side of 35 like downing and Whelan then that’s our reality. If during our search we unearth an 18 year old Lionel messi then we’ll sign him. Where he would no doubt watch Elliott Bennett for a season from the bench. 

11 minutes ago, matt83 said:

I am thinking along the same lines. Both Mowbray and Waggot were ebullient prior to going to see the Indians but since their return it's almost like they are trying to dampen the false hope they gave to the supporters.

13 minutes ago, matt83 said:

No, the message was pretty clear (in his forum) from Mowbray that his target was to get into the top 6. He also stated that having bought potential last season, he was looking to add Championship experience and pick some gems up in the European market. All dependant on budget of course! 

Im still interested to know what that will play out to be. Waggott said it was similar to last season. That was fairly healthy.

What is laughable is the amount of people insisting on us having a good budget but won’t even put their hand in their pocket for a season ticket to support their beloved team!? ??

• Like 3

Just now, arbitro said:

I am thinking along the same lines. Both Mowbray and Waggot were ebullient prior to going to see the Indians but since their return it's almost like they are trying to dampen the false hope they gave to the supporters.

That’s fair. Want to hear Mowbray first interview back. He’ll give more away than Waggott.

27 minutes ago, matt83 said:

We’re like a young lad on the pull. Starts the night with lofty designs on drop dead gorgeous girls. But finishes the hunt at 2am in the kebab shop with some rotter.   

Which is fine but don’t bang on about the stunners when we all know it’s an anything will do job

Starting with the munters first this time then hoping things get better...

It's a new tactic, must've worked in smoggie land way back in the day.

Edited by tomphil

8 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Nah it was nothing like that. Fairly cheap deal. Don't remember the reported fee but it was a lot less than that.

On 2 July 2007 he was reported to have signed for Rovers for an undisclosed fee, but it was reputed to be around £3 million and on a four-year contract.“We’ve been following him for some time after manager Mark Hughes identified him as a player he was interested in,” said Blackburn chairman John Williams on his capture.

http://boxtoboxfootball.uk/failure-launch-rapid-decline-maceo-rigters/

25 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Lol that's a great analogy. 

Downing is a beer goggles beauty. 

He clearly wants a stalwart in the dressing room that the players will respect, because of his pedigree. Whilst I understand the reasoning behind this choice, one could also perceive a different viewpoint. It could be implied that Mowbray feels his relationship with the team isn't strong enough without a Conway backing him in the dressing room. As opposed to buying a better connection to the team, surely he should work on his relationship building skills? 

Not suggesting that this is the case, but the interpretation has merit. 

2 hours ago, laughatthedingles said:

Strong rumours over in Rochdale are we are close to agreeing a fee for Callum Canps.

Good player, he'd be more than capable of making the step up. 

I can't see Rochdale letting him go cheap. 

18 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Ha. Give me that barrel of tits any day.

The thing that irritates me the most about waggott propaganda is I foolishly take him at his word.

I would much prefer him say look we’re Blackburn Rovers not Barcelona, we’re £150 million in debt we need to cut our cloth accordingly and if that means signing has beens the wrong side of 35 like downing and Whelan then that’s our reality. If during our search we unearth an 18 year old Lionel messi then we’ll sign him. Where he would no doubt watch Elliott Bennett for a season from the bench. 

It was 2010 when Holloway came out with his barrel of boobs quip.

If he’d done it in 2019 he’d have been sacked as a direct result.

Callum Camps just isn’t what we need. Don’t forget he played against us in 17/18 and looked bang average if not worse. He wouldn’t add to this squad, and isn’t young enough to improve dramatically at 23.

28 minutes ago, Dr X said:

I don’t think he’d be capable at all. Looked average in League One.

43 minutes ago, Dr X said:

Avoid, I’ve seen many a tweet like this about him. 

59BC37D3-D5A5-4435-81EE-E407ED367CE2.png