BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

"And it is understood enquiries have also taken place about the availability of Republic of Ireland international Glenn Whelan, though he is set to join former club Stoke City."

Woohoo ?

There are literally 50 players from the Prem, Champ and L1 released on free transfers that we could be targeting that could add to this squad... yet we're here confirming the price tag of Maceo Rigters from the mid-2000's ?

Love it.

Gladwin has ditched the blonde and is looking like an older version of Dack with his new hair. How about we send him too Villa for 15 million and we keep the real Dack for ourselves? ?

7D8D359B-FAFA-4B3B-9287-E1C7EB39FB49.png

• Like 1

If we are not going to sign any players from another European country we would say:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17692190.experience-could-take-priority-over-overseas-for-rovers/

If we are trying to deflect others' interest in continental players we are interested in we would say:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17692190.experience-could-take-priority-over-overseas-for-rovers/

Fans of course will write what we have been doing...

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Butty said:

Gladwin has ditched the blonde and is looking like an older version of Dack with his new hair. How about we send him too Villa for 15 million and we keep the real Dack for ourselves? ?

7D8D359B-FAFA-4B3B-9287-E1C7EB39FB49.png

Looks right like Dack here, if only he played football as proficiently....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

No, the message was pretty clear (in his forum) from Mowbray that his target was to get into the top 6. He also stated that having bought potential last season, he was looking to add Championship experience and pick some gems up in the European market. All dependant on budget of course! 

Im still interested to know what that will play out to be. Waggott said it was similar to last season. That was fairly healthy.

What is laughable is the amount of people insisting on us having a good budget but won’t even put their hand in their pocket for a season ticket to support their beloved team!? ??

Years of apathetic performances and general BS from those in charge has led to disenchantment from lots of fans (me included). Tell me, without quality signings to get me (and others) in through the door, Why should I renew a ST?  As opposed to cricket, concerts, rugby, travel that I could be doing instead... 

Without quality signings, how do you attract a further 1800 new ST holders?

Club put the money where their mouth is and I'll do the same. 

It's like buying an off plan apartment in Spain, the pictures look great but they're never built and you've forked out for nothing.

• Like 1

No, the message was pretty clear (in his forum) from Mowbray that his target was to get into the top 6. He also stated that having bought potential last season, he was looking to add Championship experience and pick some gems up in the European market. All dependant on budget of course! 

Im still interested to know what that will play out to be. Waggott said it was similar to last season. That was fairly healthy.

What is laughable is the amount of people insisting on us having a good budget but won’t even put their hand in their pocket for a season ticket to support their beloved team!? ??

I'm glad you've posted that it should be pinned then people understand why there's an element of concern as to who we are not being linked with but actually publically courting at the min.

Yes it's is early and yes there could be smokescreens and irons in other fires but the vibes haven't been good so far and they get picked up on pretty quick given recent experiences. I'm ok with the budget and ok with an Armstrong type signing and a few good loans but whilst I wouldn't want more Brereton gambles i'm not sure either i'd want the 'flex' going the other way and covering big wages of busted flushes again.

We need to be bang somewhere in the middle and as you've pointed out that is the stated intention so there should be some good news at some point..........

How is that a relevant point too make? I don’t blame some people after the last few years too want to see the club show a bit of ambition before committing too a season at Ewood. There might not be the toxic atmosphere there once was but what’s left is an absolute morgue formed in the aftermath of the last few years, the atmosphere at Ewood is awful. There was a time where I imagine many would renew every season regardless of everything else because of their love for the club, it wouldn’t matter what the club was doing it wouldn’t even be a debate, that’s changed. But after all the shit we’ve been put through, I don’t blame some for not committing too renewing/getting a season ticket until they feel the club are committed themselves. I also don’t blame anyone for still staying away and possibly never coming back, what the Venkys have done too our club we might never recover from, I can’t see any rise in season ticket sales until we get back too the prem and even then it may not be as much as you’d expect, that could still be years away. Not sure how you can make comments like that, pissed me off too be honest. I’m definitely a bit crabby today..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JoeHarvey said:

Callum Camps just isn’t what we need. Don’t forget he played against us in 17/18 and looked bang average if not worse. He wouldn’t add to this squad, and isn’t young enough to improve dramatically at 23.

I don’t think he’d be capable at all. Looked average in League One.

53 minutes ago, Butty said:

Avoid, I’ve seen many a tweet like this about him. 

59BC37D3-D5A5-4435-81EE-E407ED367CE2.png

Fair enough gents, I haven't seen Rochdale this season. He used to be quite good, perhaps he wants out? 

Just now, Dr X said:

Fair enough gents, I haven't seen Rochdale this season. He used to be quite good, perhaps he wants out? 

Maybe he needs a change to revitalise his career as there was a time he was very highly rated. I don’t think he’s one we need at this moment in time though. 

Didn't they say they wouldn't rule out swap deals ?    

Usually that's a sign of no money and being stuck with some you can't get shut of...

Maybe this one could start the ball rolling so who do we send their way ?

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Such a strange comment.

I was under the impression that most of the main contributors on here are either season ticket holders or live too far away to be able to get one.

I don't fall into either of those categories. I fall into the "they finally found the straw that broke the camel's back and I haven't been drawn back to my previous level of commitment" category. Doesn't mean that I can't or won't be persuaded but I will admit that, among other considerations, we're waiting for fixture list to see what we'd be able to get to

• Like 6

• Moderation Lead
4 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

I’m really not into these kinds of comments. 

Absolute conjecture and no way of knowing it’s the same people. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Looks right like Dack here, if only he played football as proficiently....

He thinks he is better, allegedly. (I'd normally preserve the term allegedly for something with pretty much criminal implications...I'd say Gladwin claiming he is better than Dack more or less is criminal)

Edited by bluebruce

4 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

On 2 July 2007 he was reported to have signed for Rovers for an undisclosed fee, but it was reputed to be around £3 million and on a four-year contract.“We’ve been following him for some time after manager Mark Hughes identified him as a player he was interested in,” said Blackburn chairman John Williams on his capture.

http://boxtoboxfootball.uk/failure-launch-rapid-decline-maceo-rigters/

Or 1.08 million.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/maceo-rigters/transfers/spieler/27701

Or 350-400k

https://www.footballtransferleague.co.uk/players/maceo_rigters

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/2289445.blackburn-striker-heading-for-the-exit/

I'd tend to go with the LT version usually, but who knows? Or who cares at this point...

9 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

You. You keep going on about it....

Sorry to have committed the grievous sin of showing you're most likely wrong. I made two posts about it, prior to this one. So at the point of you making that post, you'd made the same number. :rock:

7 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Nice try, mate!

I think many of us know it is different now for so many long term fans.

Buying the season ticket is no longer an automatic thing for me-at least that is what I am telling myself! 

The Venky years has changed the unconditional nature of my own relationship with Rovers forever. Personally, I am waiting to see what happens in the window first...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Will split opinion but I’d take Connor Washington on a free , even to be an impact sub 

No way, shite player, an OAP Graham would be better.

Edited by AAK