BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

“I think there are some good options for us now. But their agents can phone the people who deal with the money and they want three times more than we were expecting. Those are the difficulties" - Mogga

He came out with exactly the same last summer. Prepare to be disappointed. 

• Like 1

Then get rid of some chuff, don't waste a wage on Downing and put it all towards someone who can come straight in, there you go !

He's right not spending for the sake of it nor wily nily but why would you be expected to do that anyway ?

What you would be expected to do is have some good targets who you actually want for your team to make it better and go and try and get them before anyone else does. If you know what you are doing and are targeting the right players it usually turns out money well spent.  It's amazing how other clubs do it and we used to do it in the past so do we lack so much confidence these days when it comes to recruiting well ?

Do they actually know what they really need ?

There’s a fine balance, but I’m positive we will recruit well.

“We will sign some young ones that will bubble under and burst through and become first-team players.

“We have to sign some experienced players to get the job done” - Mowbray.

TM has just told Myers that Dack isn’t going either....

WOW! This sounds amazing! He’s come back from Pune absolutely buzzing and ready to deliver on his plan. Fans have to be made up with this...right?

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 1

Just now, Paul Mani said:

“We will sign some young ones that will bubble under and burst through and become first-team players.

WOW! This sounds amazing! He’s come back from Pune absolutely buzzing and ready to deliver on his plan. Fans have to be made up with this...right?

Why are you on here clearly to wind people up?

It is just standard, vague transfer talk which somehow youve interpreted as Mowbray being "absolutely buzzing" and your primary objective is to try to prove/manipulate that others would be anything but happy if we had a healthy budget and the manager was "buzzing."

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I always wonder what happened to Hughes.

He had all the makings of a superstar manager with his work at Wales and then with us. He's turned into a journeyman manager who outstays his welcome after a couple of years. 

He seemed to lose his magic touch in the transfer market after he left us. 

He signed decent players at City (Kompany, Zabaleta), and he got Shakiri to sign for stoke which was something close to incredible. He signed Arnautovich there as well.

To be honest he had a great time at rovers, a decent but unspectacular one at City, did well at Fulham and Stoke (until his last season). He had 2 disasters - QPR and Southampton. 

He'll come good for someone I'm sure, should his heart still be in it. One thing he does have is a massive ego so whether he wants to step down a division to get a job is the question. After Southampton I can't see a prem side going for him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

Love a positive fan, let’s hope for a few decent signings.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Butty said:

Made up with what? Words means fuck all until we actually get some players through the door.. I’m looking forward too seeing who we bring in but come on now Paul stop trying too piss people off. 

Just trying to keep things balanced in here pal. No point just picking all the negatives out of everything. Ying and yang! (? vs ?)

Edited by Paul Mani

7 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

He signed decent players at City (Kompany, Zabaleta), and he got Shakiri to sign for stoke which was something close to incredible. He signed Arnautovich there as well.

To be honest he had a great time at rovers, a decent but unspectacular one at City, did well at Fulham and Stoke (until his last season). He had 2 disasters - QPR and Southampton. 

He'll come good for someone I'm sure, should his heart still be in it. One thing he does have is a massive ego so whether he wants to step down a division to get a job is the question. After Southampton I can't see a prem side going for him.

Hughes' right hand man Mark Bowen is rumoured to be becoming Reading's director of football. Unless I'm mistaken that will be the first time he's not worked with Hughes since Hughes entered management. That tells me that perhaps Hughes isn't planning on managing again for a while.

Standard stuff from Mowbray really. As ever the proof will be in the pudding and I'll try to reserve judgement and not pay too much attention to the publicity. 

I do get sick and fed up of Sky, Radio Lancashire and Telegraph scuttling along to the Eid in the park event and trying to get a story out of him regarding Dack. Maybe to be expected from Sky in their Premier League obsessed world but it is disappointing to see from the local media. Gives them something to do I suppose but I don't think it is being done in Rovers interests and appears to be completely baseless at this point. 

• Like 4

Just now, JHRover said:

Standard stuff from Mowbray really. As ever the proof will be in the pudding and I'll try to reserve judgement and not pay too much attention to the publicity. 

I think if we keep the better ones, and add a few young players and spend a few million like last summer, I’d be happy enough with the progress.

9 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Kompany and Zabaleta were both signed for £6m (ish) within weeks of Hughes leaving Rovers for City.

They were Hughes' top targets for us that summer and the wheels were in motion on both. Hence why it was such a quick double signing at City.

Imagine if City had waited a few more weeks and we signed both of them in 2008 instead of Grella, Andrews and Simpson.

They can join the fantasy 11 players we almost had along with Keane, Zidane, Dugarry and Lewandowski.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Biz said:

I think if we keep the better ones, and add a few young players and spend a few million like last summer, I’d be happy enough with the progress.

I hope we don't spend a few million like last summer.

Just now, Angry_Pirate said:

Kompany and Zabaleta were both signed for £6m (ish) within weeks of Hughes leaving Rovers for City.

They were Hughes' top targets for us that summer and the wheels were in motion on both. Hence why it was such a quick double signing at City.

Imagine if City had waited a few more weeks and we signed both of them in 2008 instead of Grella, Andrews and Simpson.

They can join the fantasy 11 players we almost had along with Keane, Zidane, Dugarry and Lewandowski.

Thinking the Trust would've sanctioned either of those signings.

AdmiredClutteredEgret-small.gif

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Before your time I suppose but you can put Colin Bell in that list.