BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

13 hours ago, JHRover said:

Standard stuff from Mowbray really. As ever the proof will be in the pudding and I'll try to reserve judgement and not pay too much attention to the publicity. 

I do get sick and fed up of Sky, Radio Lancashire and Telegraph scuttling along to the Eid in the park event and trying to get a story out of him regarding Dack. Maybe to be expected from Sky in their Premier League obsessed world but it is disappointing to see from the local media. Gives them something to do I suppose but I don't think it is being done in Rovers interests and appears to be completely baseless at this point. 

Anyone heard anything about the Palace in for Dack 

14 hours ago, JoeHarvey said:

Sambou another one though, playing in the same league as Joe Nuttall and Dan Butterworth. Besides the odd one or two, we have absolutely no need to be loaning players from teams that we play in the Under 23's league, where we beat teams like Liverpool, City and Spurs.

Bunch of talk at a few Championship teams about Man City's Felix Nmecha, who honestly looked about as good as as Chris Taylor when they played our lot at Ewood. We shouldn't spend a dime on Prem loans (unless it's for players with plenty of first team experience like Reed/Gallagher)

Absolutely. 

9 hours ago, 47er said:

So long as £7M doesn't go on one player who isn't able to play.

Or a few busted flushes who swallow up the 'flex' in wages instead of fee.

For the money they've tied up in him last season and whenever the rest is paid no way on earth couldn't you find a couple of good players under 30 to add something much needed straight to the team just using it in wages for a couple of seasons.

Maybe no resale, maybe so but the ultimate aim is top 6 and promotion so it's money well spent in football terms if not investment.  We are after all a football team not an investment fund surely ?

I'm thinking along the lines of Graham and Mulgrew types who are pissed off sitting on benches higher up the scale but still have plenty in the legs.

10 hours ago, 47er said:

So long as £7M doesn't go on one player who isn't able to play.

Isn’t able to play or isn’t able to dislodge the eventual player of the season?

Im not under the impression transfer business is simple, and whilst I’d like to see more cash hit the first team, I’d be happy if they’re putting the wage bill up and/or investing a few million in the team !

15 hours ago, Angry_Pirate said:

GK

Zabaleta - CB - Kompany  - LB

Keane - CM

RW         - Zidane -     Dugarry

Lewandowski

I think those 7 would beat almost every Blackburn starting 11 from the past 8 years. ?

Were we not linked with Gareth Bale at one point during the Bentley to Spurs period and turned down the part exchange, also we turned down signing Son Hueng Min for the weekly wage of a championship player, did we not? Stick Bale at LB and Son on RW and that team is only a CB and CM shy of Champions League domination...

I'd personally keep Raya in goal ?

No Luca Toni????

When you stated we spent £10+ million last summer on transfers, I assume you were assuming £7M for the transfer of Brereton?

Its just that you denied that for months....

As for the under-21 bit, when we signed him you insisted he was an 'experienced" player with Forest and told me how many games he'd played.

I'm all for under-21's but not at £7M. You can't divorce the fee from the transfer when judging it.

So, to be relevant to the thread, I hope TM never makes a blunder like that this transfer window or any other.

Just now, 47er said:

When you stated we spent £10+ million last summer on transfers, I assume you were assuming £7M for the transfer of Brereton?

Its just that you denied that for months....

As for the under-21 bit, when we signed him you insisted he was an 'experienced" player with Forest and told me how many games he'd played.

I'm all for under-21's but not at £7M. You can't divorce the fee from the transfer when judging it.

So, to be relevant to the thread, I hope TM never makes a blunder like that this transfer window or any other.

Ah so it was an attempt to dig up 8 month old arguments!

Put it this way, if we spend this summer, a decent dollop on a young lad who’s not quite ready to usurp one of the other key players, I won’t be calling it a blunder before they’ve even had a proper chance! 

Edited by Biz

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Let’s not forget that £7m isn’t what was paid. Only £3/4m was upfront, the rest comes in the form of add-ons.

So “similar budget to last year” really means about £4-5m, not £10m. 

1 hour ago, Biz said:

Er, no it wasn't but you haven't addressed it!

Put it this way, if we spend this summer, a decent dollop on a young lad who’s not quite ready to usurp one of the other key players, I won’t be calling it a blunder before they’ve even had a proper chance! 

"not quite ready"---outrageous understatement! And, if they cost £7m (a very decent dollop) and can't make the side, I'll be calling it a blunder again. Especially if we can't afford ready defenders.

Edited by 47er
typo

12 minutes ago, JoeHarvey said:

Let’s not forget that £7m isn’t what was paid. Only £3/4m was upfront, the rest comes in the form of add-ons.

You don't know how the deal breaks down in numbers. Nobody outside the top people in the clubs involved does. Even the LT has reported inconsistent figures.

2 hours ago, Biz said:

Think he's just asking you to be consistent with your own arguments, instead of shifting them with the wind when it suits.

• Like 1

Just now, JoeHarvey said:

But that pretty much applies to every transfer. If we sold Dack and the reported fee was £15m that would include add ons and more importantly staged payments. Any club would have to budget for add on clauses over the length of a players contract. 

58 minutes ago, JoeHarvey said:

3 to 4 million upfront is a hell of a whack.

Agree on the 4-5 mill being more realistic for an actual spend budget and it's a decent figure that can make a difference if they pull their fingers out and go for the right players in the right positions.

2 coming in first 11 capable plus 2 good loans and the usual couple of squaddies would be a step in the right direction but they must be for the right areas on the pitch not scattergun for the sake of bodies or long odds gambles.

4 hours ago, Biz said:

Isn’t able to play or isn’t able to dislodge the eventual player of the season?

Im not under the impression transfer business is simple, and whilst I’d like to see more cash hit the first team, I’d be happy if they’re putting the wage bill up and/or investing a few million in the team !

He makes a valid point. Did we need an up and coming player or could the 7m have been better spent elsewhere? He rarely replaced Graham, mainly coming on as a wide man. 

If I'd had 7m on FM, I wouldn't be signing potential. If we have similar amounts this summer, then I hope he signs, proven quality to enhance the 1st 11. 

Just now, Dr X said:

He makes a valid point. Did we need an up and coming player or could the 7m have been better spent elsewhere? He rarely replaced Graham, mainly coming on as a wide man. 

If I'd had 7m on FM, I wouldn't be signing potential. If we have similar amounts this summer, then I hope he signs, proven quality to enhance the 1st 11. 

Still though - as I originally stated, I’d be happy to see us pumping a similar amount into the team this summer!

Transfers are never straight forward either, you rarely get them all right - and since last summer we added a few decent players, I’m confident we will again if the same amount is available.

57 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Think he's just asking you to be consistent with your own arguments, instead of shifting them with the wind when it suits.

I’m quite sure that none of us need the cyclical and boring arguments about how much he actually cost.

If you’re desperate for that - I’m sure you and 47er can find the Brereton thread, save rest of us the repetition.