BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Ive hardly posted in this thread because I can’t really be arsed getting worked up one way or the other at this stage.

But it’s a summer transfer window thread so folk can post to their heart’s content or ignore it entirely if they aren’t bothered.

What spoils the forum are posts like yours.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

It’s been like this for years! Just like every other forum. Your drop in troll posts don’t help to bring about a harmonious atmosphere.

This transfer thread isn’t particularly controversial from what I can see.

Edited by Mattyblue

1 hour ago, adz4d2 said:

http://sportsrecents.com/blackburn-rovers-keen-on-signing-liverpools-ben-woodburn-on-loan/?fbclid=IwAR0dsepK8AR3JwTHhlm2e13rQxI__x27CmH3sHSFpObMq9Gx4m0l3DR9-d8

BEN WOODBURN, would be a colossal signing if we were to pull it off, extremely highly rated and definitely someone who could improve us going forward.

Blades fans I know would disagree.

Was nowhere near their team last year and got sent back to Liverpool u23s in January.

So although a good prospect I’d not have it down as “colossal” personally.

• Like 2

Marcus Maddison thing can't be true. Darragh (Posh owner) is away on personal holiday and said any transfer rumours in/out for the next two weeks will be bollocks.

Only way it's true is if it's already sorted and just not been announced (which is highly unlikely)

• Moderation Lead
18 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

On the contrary Matt it’s constant bickering and the general lack of respect that spoils it and has done for a few years now and hence we have seen so many decent members leave and never come back!

You say this but then come in periodically and just slag people off again then clear off for a bit. 

Not everyone has the same opinion. That’s life. If you don’t want to encounter different opinions, then maybe the internet isn’t for you? ?‍♂️

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Beanie01289 said:

How about we see what Brereton has done for the club by the time he leaves then we will be able to accurately assess if he has been worth what's been spent. 

The knee jerk reactions to signings astounds me I'm guessing everyone writing Brereton off also thought bale flopped at spurs

Knee jerk reaction after 12 months? That's a very slow jerk. It's almost tantric. 

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Knee jerk reaction after 12 months? That's a very slow jerk. It's almost tantric. 

Less appearances than Joe Nuttall. It's not knee jerk but it's not exactly like anybody can form a full opinion of him based off 2 or 3 starts and a handful of 10 minute sub appearances.

Just now, JoeHarvey said:

Less appearances than Joe Nuttall. It's not knee jerk but it's not exactly like anybody can form a full opinion of him based off 2 or 3 starts and a handful of 10 minute sub appearances.

The fact that he has only managed a handful of appearances is precisely the reason people are questioning the wisdom of the signing.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

On the contrary Matt it’s constant bickering and the general lack of respect that spoils it and has done for a few years now and hence we have seen so many decent members leave and never come back!

If you want a Rovers site were everybody sits around agreeing with each other I know a site I can direct you to.

7 minutes ago, JoeHarvey said:

We can form the opinion he isn't good enough to get in a rank average Championship team despite costing £7m.

Just now, Paul Mani said:

19.....he was 19!!! ????

He was, spending the majority of the budget on a 19 year old nowhere near ready to contribute to the first team is exactly what people are questioning.

He also had played regularly for a couple of seasons at Forest. Expectations that he could at least provide some sort of competition for Graham were far from unrealistic, but ultimately he didnt come close to doing that. In his cameos he looked out of his depth. When Graham was unavailable, despite a lack of other real options, even the incredibly limited (and I suspect a player with less senior appearances) in Joe Nuttall and even playing no striker at all (something that didnt come close to working) were often seen as better alternatives.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, JoeHarvey said:

Thats more a reflection on the manager. Anyone who thinks nuttal is a pro footballer is taking the piss. Irrelevant of Brereton.

Edited by AAK
  • Like 4

Nyambe was 17 when he made his debut. Plenty of people immediately wrote him off and still insist he is shit to this day. If he’d have cost 7 million quid perhaps people would have been a bit more willing to see him succeed - cos I’ve seen the argument on here in the last few days that Brereton must be good, because we paid all that money for him.

Nobody has any personal issue with Brereton. People question his performances and ability, same as every player in the world is judged by supporters. He has received tremendous backing from supporters. A collective groan, a piss taking tweet, or a “bloody hell Brereton” uttered in frustration isn’t stick. Cast your mind back to the abuse and boos Keith Andrews (a midfielder, playing in the premier league, with a better goals to game ratio than Brereton) got, and ask yourself if BB is really that hard done by.

Some people make the argument that the transfer fee isn’t all that high... without the same old discussions around flex, add ons and whatever else... in simple terms

- The quoted transfer fee we paid for Brereton was more than we paid for the rest of the squad combined.

- We are frequently reminded how fortunate we are that the owners continue to find out academy. With plenty of graduates playing key roles in our first team, it’s clearly a worthwhile investment, yet we are expected to be pathetically grateful it hasn’t been shelved. The amount we spent on Brereton would keep it going for 2-3 years.

Again, I really don’t think questioning the Brereton signing is in any way unreasonable, and I will bet good money there are people within the club who have asked questions too.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JoeHarvey said:

Everyone can form an opinion. It might be right or it might be wrong but we can all form an opinion. Blimey, you can form a general opinion of a players technical ability after just one or two games and you wouldn’t be far wrong. His technique isn’t going to change a lot.  The way a player can adapt that technique for the benefit of the team is generally the unknown bit.

I think most fans on here are judging his technique and most of them including myself just don’t see it. So if you don’t see the players technical ability, it’s very difficult to see how he’s ever going to succeed - especially for a striker.

42 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He was, spending the majority of the budget on a 19 year old nowhere near ready to contribute to the first team is exactly what people are questioning.

He also had played regularly for a couple of seasons at Forest. Expectations that he could at least provide some sort of competition for Graham were far from unrealistic, but ultimately he didnt come close to doing that. In his cameos he looked out of his depth. When Graham was unavailable, despite a lack of other real options, even the incredibly limited (and I suspect a player with less senior appearances) in Joe Nuttall and even playing no striker at all (something that didnt come close to working) were often seen as better alternatives.

He's a sound investment because he's only 19...

He's been shit...because he's only 19....

He might come good, he's only 19...

Rinse and repeat, what they going to chuck in to suit their argument when he turns 20 and he's still doing 10 min cameos every week on the right I wonder ? ?

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1