BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Ive hardly posted in this thread because I can’t really be arsed getting worked up one way or the other at this stage.

But it’s a summer transfer window thread so folk can post to their heart’s content or ignore it entirely if they aren’t bothered.

What spoils the forum are posts like yours.

Sorry  but what's this refer to?

Just now, 47er said:

Sorry  but what's this refer to?

At a guess, a post by roverite that has since been removed. See their comments to eachother a little further down. Just a guess, might be wrong - initially wondered myself.

Realistic transfers for me

matt Clarke 2.5 m

karl darlow 3m

danny simpson free 

Marcus Maddison 2m

jack colback free

jamal Lowe 2.5m

with a left back in there too, wouldn’t be too disappointed with an Olsson return.  Free

Reckom a striker on loan, I like hogan but don’t know villas stance loan

id get rid of rodwell, Evans, Smallwood , if any offers for mulgrew or Bennett also

that would give us 

gk darlow/ raya

rb simpson/ nyambe

cb1 lenihan/ mcgloire

cb2 Clarke/ Williams 

lb olsson/ bell 

rw Lowe/ armstrong

def mid 1 colback/ bennett

def mid 2 travis/ Davenport 

lw Chapman/ Maddison 

att mid dack/ rothwell

striker Hogan/ brereton/ graham 

good balance with experience/ youth, warriors and artists 

Edited by Bbrovers2288
Enhancing
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Realistic transfers for me

matt Clarke 2.5 m

karl darlow 3m

danny simpson free 

Marcus Maddison 2m

jack colback free

jamal Lowe 2.5m

with a left back in there too, wouldn’t be too disappointed with an Olsson return.  Free

Reckom a striker on loan, I like hogan but don’t know villas stance loan

id get rid of rodwell, Evans, Smallwood , if any offers for mulgrew or Bennett also

that would give us 

gk darlow/ raya

rb simpson/ nyambe

cb1 lenihan/ mcgloire

cb2 Clarke/ Williams 

lb olsson/ bell 

rw Lowe/ armstrong

def mid 1 colback/ bennett

def mid 2 travis/ Davenport 

lw Chapman/ Maddison 

att mid dack/ rothwell

striker Hogan/ brereton/ graham 

good balance with experience/ youth, warriors and artists 

If Matt Clarke is the Pompey CB then he's being linked in the press with Leeds and Brighton for £6m. 

I always thought Marcus Maddison was the fabled 'baseball cap and ripped jeans' guy. Hopefully he turns up in Tony's office this summer in a bowler hat, 3 piece suit and a monocle. 

3 hours ago, tomphil said:

He's a sound investment because he's only 19...

He's been shit...because he's only 19....

He might come good, he's only 19...

Rinse and repeat, what they going to chuck in to suit their argument when he turns 20 and he's still doing 10 min cameos every week on the right I wonder ? ?

He turned 20 in April according to Wiki. Finally, an aspect of the Brereton debate can change! I suspect we will still be spending most of the next transfer window (or two? three?) still talking about him.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, adz4d2 said:

http://sportsrecents.com/blackburn-rovers-keen-on-signing-liverpools-ben-woodburn-on-loan/?fbclid=IwAR0dsepK8AR3JwTHhlm2e13rQxI__x27CmH3sHSFpObMq9Gx4m0l3DR9-d8

BEN WOODBURN, would be a colossal signing if we were to pull it off, extremely highly rated and definitely someone who could improve us going forward.

We were linked with him last summer I seem to recall. Or might have been the Jan window?

Ah yes the kid on loan from a Premier League club with only a handful of career appearances everyone gets excited about when he joins, conveniently for next to nothing, before disappointing. Seen that one before here. Next please.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Ah yes the kid on loan from a Premier League club with only a handful of career appearances everyone gets excited about when he joins, conveniently for next to nothing, before disappointing. Seen that one before here. Next please.

I think I will go and hang myself...

• Like 1

If we don't sign many good oven ready players this window as I expect we won't then I will expect a lot of rotating next season between youth and the old favs.

That'll be frustrating and probably detrimental at times so be prepared but the season after it might pay dividends with a few of the established players being phased out and a few off the wage bill.

The aim might be a vibrant young side on a more sustainable wage bill so there'll be plenty book value for trading purposes and FFP.  I think that might just be the plan even though it's being dressed up as something else.  For me though again you really need that built on rock solid foundations and a good core style of football, I think this manager and coaching staff will be good at the former but not sure about the latter but will the owners care if the team is worth money and costing less ?

If we could actually have a good stab at the play offs somewhere in there it would make it all the more exciting for the fans and help this growing a team/club again no end so I really hope that is the real aim not just old heads to try to hold together a water treading low investment young side. 

49 minutes ago, philipl said:

I think I will go and hang myself...

Steven Hendrie, Jack Byrne, Martin Samuelson, Modou Barrow, Doniel Henry, Matt Grimes, Kasey Palmer, Todd Kane, Kerim Rekik, Cameron Stewart.

Seen it all before.

Only ones that worked out ok for us were Tom Lawrence and Sam Gallagher though both had played regularly elsewhere before coming here.

I thought Kane was ok in spells and to be fair some of those interesting signings under both Bowyer and Mowbray have fallen down because both manager quite clearly either had no idea how to use them properly or were very reluctant too.

Begs the question did they really want them or just grabbed them for bodies sake puffing out the squad cheaply or did they even sign them !

Be nice to actually spend a summer recruiting for positions properly.

25 minutes ago, arbitro said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2019/june/an-amicable-departure/

Mowbray on Conway saying his wages will now 'will open up some cash flow to put into wages'. 

I found that an odd comment as it was Mowbray who was happy to spend the wages on someone not expected to actually play much but is 'nice' and was his fly on the wall in the dressing room. Tony would be suited to running a Rest Home.

12 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Knee jerk reaction after 12 months? That's a very slow jerk. It's almost tantric. 

He was bad this season no argument there what I'm saying is there have been loads of cases where players have not lived up to price tag in first year but proved well worth the money over time. 

Let the player develop to the potential many think he has and the fee which could rise to 7m will have been worth it.

Or we bin him off call him a flop and buy someone. 

I know which strategy I thinks better. 

• Like 1

Just now, Beanie01289 said:

He was bad this season no argument there what I'm saying is there have been loads of cases where players have not lived up to price tag in first year but proved well worth the money over time. 

Let the player develop to the potential many think he has and the fee which could rise to 7m will have been worth it.

Or we bin him off call him a flop and buy someone. 

I know which strategy I thinks better. 

Oh we have no choice but to stick with him. The fee has determined that.

12 hours ago, Miller11 said:

The fact that he has only managed a handful of appearances is precisely the reason people are questioning the wisdom of the signing.

It’s not, the main reason, as you’ve just stated in your longer reply, is people question his ability. 

Im saying it’s impossible for a supporter like myself or yourself to judge somebody’s technical ability based off the amount of games Brereton has played.

if the main issue was that he cost £7m and he doesn’t play, I’d agree totally, but by your own admittance that’s not what this is about.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17703350.could-rovers-match-ben-brereton-fee-this-summer/

Better late than never. A year after the event Mowbray tells his current story on the Brereton signing. I can't take much more hogwash.

John McGinn, Bersant Celina and Luke Freeman

With those three in our midfield, good chance we would have made the playoffs. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17703350.could-rovers-match-ben-brereton-fee-this-summer/

Better late than never. A year after the event Mowbray tells his current story on the Brereton signing. I can't take much more hogwash.

That reads to me exactly what some of us have been saying all along. We had a sum of money, we got knocked back on several players we'd been chasing. So rather than bank it,  we lumped the dosh on a tip off at the last minute.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

Just pleased that he says we have a similar amount to spend this time around too - just hope they have identified and made early moves for our targets this time around. Maybe spread the money around a bit more this time too - CB or two, GK, CM and CF would do then bring in some more experienced loans (not kids from the PL).