BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, JoeHarvey said:

I meant all time appearances, Nuttall has played more for the club, but clarity is clearly not important.

Clarity is what I was seeking, as Nuttall has been at the Club longer it's not a surprise. The really relevant one is when they are both at the Club and I would expect Brereton to get more game time at Rovers than Nuttall next season, who will possibly be away on loan anyway if we buy a CF.

• Moderation Lead
Just now, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Sam Byram from West Ham.. Same bloke that has said about Hugill is saying we are interested in him too. 

Wouldn't mind those two coming in. 

Byram would be a real signing.

Looked class at Leeds when he first came through!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JoeHarvey said:

I meant all time appearances, Nuttall has played more for the club, but clarity is clearly not important.

To save you the job of moving any more parameters, I’ll do it for you, and I will concede that Brereton was miles better than Nuttall... when he started up front... at Ewood... with Rothwell in midfield... when the weather was nice... against already relegated opponents.

Sam Byram from West Ham.. Same bloke that has said about Hugill is saying we are interested in him too. 

Where has he said that? Can’t find it on Twitter. 

Think they'd both be decent signings. Most likely loans due to previous transfer fees/wages. 

• Like 1

So this is the 4,277th post in this transfer thread, I swear about 3,000 of them have been related to Ben Brereton, a player we already own! It's getting old ?

Hugill is one I've never liked and get the feeling it was a mutual dislike for Rovers from his perspective. Would prefer we splooged this years £7-10m elsewhere.

Edited by Angry_Pirate
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

Exactly what I was thinking. If you have a budget surely you can adjust the wage / transfer fee ratio based on the merits of the players involved.

What Mowbray is saying is that we could have had 2 two of his original targets, who may have gone straight into the team, on higher wages. We ended up with 1 player on lower wages who made no impact. Total spend was the same either way.

It's a strange argument.

Agreed. I know hindsight is a beautiful thing but I’m sure most have us would take one of McGinn, Celina or Freeman over Brereton let alone two of them! Hopefully Mowbray can twist the V’s arms to be a bit more savvy with their finances for transfers this summer (if they are indeed the problem as I would imagine they are).

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

• Moderation Lead
12 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Byram & Hugill, those kind of signings are just not happening.

You keep saying this, but, care to put some more meat on the bones?

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

What’s your source? Only basing this on what I can see on Wikipedia, suggests your numbers aren’t all that accurate...

You seen him play recently?

Haha

Source is transfermarkt.com

Wikipedia is usually pretty incomplete for football stats and don’t breakdown minutes played - just a tip, it’s a fantastic and reliable resource.

Will that suffice?

And yes, thought he was decent holding the ball up, as an outlet etc. 

Far better at that job than anyone we’ve got as a backup to Graham and the goal return isn’t that bad when you look at the numbers is it?

Edited by S8 & Blue

32 minutes ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Why not? 

I almost posted the same but didn't want to be Mr Negative. I just dont see either of those coming off. We'd show an interest as they're obviously the type of players TM would want, find out the fee, wages, baulk and then move on. Absolutely no chance. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, K-Hod said:

You say this but then come in periodically and just slag people off again then clear off for a bit. 

Not everyone has the same opinion. That’s life. If you don’t want to encounter different opinions, then maybe the internet isn’t for you? ?‍♂️

Khod at no point have I slagged anybody off it’s an observation over the years. Anyone can have a point of view and others may disagree I have not nor will ever slate anyone I merely pointed out BRFCs is fortunate to have so many football qualified in the knows as members of the forum those of whom have detailed exactly not one bit of evidence about rovers budget targets potential signings or sales and none of whom work in the world of football

Just now, 1864roverite said:

In addition we are totally fed up with fans remarking we spent 7 million on BB FFS we didn’t we haven’t and are unlikely to ever pay the full amount if the deal unless we go up back to the PL

Just now, 1864roverite said:

members of the forum those of whom have detailed exactly not one bit of evidence about rovers budget targets potential signings or sales and none of whom work in the world of football

LOL

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, rigger said:

because from what I've seen of both of them, which includes quite a bit of Nuttall, when I lived in Aberdeen. I rate Brereton as better of the two. My opinion only.

Fair enough. Not sure it’s fair to bring in his time at Aberdeen though.

For me, it’s a straight race between the two - and it could go either way, if Mowbray treats Nuttall fairly.

Just now, Stuart said:

Fair enough. Not sure it’s fair to bring in his time at Aberdeen though.

For me, it’s a straight race between the two - and it could go either way, if Mowbray treats Nuttall fairly.

Well let’s be honest, are you going to give some ressie already here more time than the big money signing you put a target on your head signing? Bit of common sense says your going to do everything you can to justify yourself 

Byram and Hugill will go to the Championship this summer. Neither are in contention for West Ham. Hugill isn't good enough for the Premier League and Byram has had a bad time with injuries and needs games. Not sure how he did at Forest last season.

Both will cost so I imagine there might well be interest if West Ham are paying the lions share of their wages but if not they won't be happening.

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Well let’s be honest, are you going to give some ressie already here more time than the big money signing you put a target on your head signing? Bit of common sense says your going to do everything you can to justify yourself 

Common sense says you play the player who is performing.

Anything wise is spinelessness and political.