BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

It's linking us with Hart not Butland. 

I've obviously read that half asleep. To be honest, I'd take Hart. When it was first mentioned a while back a wasn't keen but an former England International, who should be in the prime of his career, with strong leadership qualities... I think it would suit him here. I'm saying all this but hasn't TM said he's not interested previously? Pretty sure he'd be exactly the sort of player and person he would want. 

Edited by Neal

Well this is window number 3 since promotion and number 5 since Mowbray took over.

Mowbray spent last summer telling everyone that it was a long term build and would take a number of windows and that the owners had bought into his vision.

I'd like to know how many more windows are required as part of that project and whether the plan has changed.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17705450.ambition-against-finance-the-balancing-act-for-rovers/

This is the biggest hint yet as to how the meetings in Pune went. It seems that TM went over believing he might get backed to buy some better, established players ready for a promotion push and was informed that he would need to continue buying young and developing them to increase their potential re-sale value. Utilising a mid table budget he is now hoping to emulate the likes of Sheff United and Norwich. But he knows they are the exception to the rule.

I certainly read this article as a dampening down of expectation. It explains why he came back from there and didn’t do any media stuff until after his holiday. Based on his previous comments and ambition to manage in the Premier League, he won’t be happy with this stance. For those who want TM out, it wouldn’t surprise me if he jumps at the first chance of a club showing more immediate ambition. So you may just get your wish...

95% of the people on here have been saying this was no doubt the outcome of his trip to Pune so haven't been getting ahead of themselves...

Twas ever thus with Venky's I am afraid. Surprised the other 5% didn't realise this!

As for Mowbray leaving; the only two realistic 'ambitious' clubs IMO would have been Boro or WBA and they're both now out of the equation.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

For what it's worth I don't think Mowbray would deliberately set out to mislead fans. Unfortunately working for this mob puts him in a difficult position and I've no doubts the goalposts continually move in India and their promises often don't materialise. It's been that way since day one. Promises galore but what actually happens is some way short of that.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Neal said:

I've obviously read that half asleep. To be honest, I'd take Hart. When it was first mentioned a while back a wasn't keen but an former England International, who should be in the prime of his career, with strong leadership qualities... I think it would suit him here. I'm saying all this but hasn't TM said he's not interested previously? Pretty sure he'd be exactly the sort of player and person he would want. 

On monumental wages. 

8 hours ago, Biz said:

We’re all on the same side aren’t we? This is a Blackburn Rovers forum after all! I must be Brereton over-sensitive because I was convinced the “he can head a ball” was a thinly veiled Ben dig...

Well of course we are! But that doesn't prevent us having different opinions about any aspects of the club does it? There are differing opinions about Nuttall on here and I was agreeing with you while, I must admit, having a little dig at you over Brereton at the same time!

You've come close to agreeing Ben can't head it by the way! :)

56 minutes ago, rigger said:

Where in any of my posts have I said what I think either Brereton or Nuttalls monetary values are. What I said was that of the two I would prefer Brereton. Let's stop arguing about players we already have on a transfers topic.

Doh! And let's not be prescriptive about the thread. In the absence of signings it always develops into whatever takes anyone's fancy. I'd suggest you'd be as guilty as anyone else if I checked back.

And just to prove it:

rigger

18 hours ago,  AllRoverAsia said: 

You are correct.

Brereton played in more games than Nuttall, 25 v 15, and had a lot more time on the field comparatively speaking. To say otherwise is as accurate as other posters saying all he had were a few 10 mins.

if it is a straight choice between Brereton and Nuttall, I would take Brereton.

renrag and BankEnd Rover like this

Edited by 47er
addition

11 minutes ago, JHRover said:

For what it's worth I don't think Mowbray would deliberately set out to mislead fans. Unfortunately working for this mob puts him in a difficult position and I've no doubts the goalposts continually move in India and their promises often don't materialise. It's been that way since day one. Promises galore but what actually happens is some way short of that.

Sensing a bit of the Lambert's about the V's ahead of this summer. No doubt all "yes, yes we can discuss that in Pune, of course we want to get back to the riches of the PL" ahead of Tony turning up. Then when he's there "well we've actually looked at the budget and..."

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

4 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17705450.ambition-against-finance-the-balancing-act-for-rovers/

This is the biggest hint yet as to how the meetings in Pune went. It seems that TM went over believing he might get backed to buy some better, established players ready for a promotion push and was informed that he would need to continue buying young and developing them to increase their potential re-sale value. Utilising a mid table budget he is now hoping to emulate the likes of Sheff United and Norwich. But he knows they are the exception to the rule.

I certainly read this article as a dampening down of expectation. It explains why he came back from there and didn’t do any media stuff until after his holiday. Based on his previous comments and ambition to manage in the Premier League, he won’t be happy with this stance. For those who want TM out, it wouldn’t surprise me if he jumps at the first chance of a club showing more immediate ambition. So you may just get your wish...

OR .. he's gone over there and re presented his slow build plan and told them it's better investing in young potential and getting a few old heads on big wages short term this time to help that process.....

He might have been buying himself time again and lining up some more jobs for the boys, oh don't forget all the new scouting he's allegedly setting up that will obviously take time to deliver. I'm not one to defend that lot but this seems very much TMs plan and way he prefers to work keeping pressure off himself and the team plus the perfect storm for his rotating methods whilst growing the squad value.

He seems very very relaxed about everything, too relaxed for my liking although could it e he's a little miffed at not getting another contract extension himself so has got his chief PR man Paul to start drumming up the old 'fear factor'.. ???    ?

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3

• Backroom
2 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Bradford have just signed former Rover Adam Henley.

What a spiral that boy's career has gone into. Still only 25 but has gone from being a Welsh international and a regular at a fairly big Championship club to failing in a minor football league in the USA and now playing in League 2. 

Just now, DE. said:

What a spiral that boy's career has gone into. Still only 25 but has gone from being a Welsh international and a regular at a fairly big Championship club to failing in a minor football league in the USA and now playing in League 2. 

This is Gary Bowyer's sixth signing of the summer nothing like getting your business done early meanwhile at the Rovers zzzzzzzz