BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

50 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

To be fair if the overall outlay budget for transfers (without sales) is as per last year  (approaching £10 mil in fees for Brereton, Armstrong, Rothwell and Davenport)  Mowbray can have no complaints.  We've not had a £30million 3 year kitty for years and years. 

Plus Mowbray said he had money left over from the summer and January windows. I'm still baffled as to why he didn't spend it.

• Like 2

Morrison may not be a bad signing , assuming his wages are reasonable , with doubts over the futures of Smallwood And Rodwell and Corry Evans's injury record , Davenport and Travis may well need a old head around them to help manage games 

• Like 2

logo.png A-Level Mowbray Language & Literature

Key features and benefits

• Dedicated Summer time wasting
  • 100% A-Level Pass Rate in BS
  • Partnership with Pune chicken sexing

This A-Level in Mowbray Language and Literature is an integrated combination of the Football Transfers and Fantasy Budget elements of Mogga, ensuring students get the right imbalance and obsessive coverage of the two disciplines. There will be a fog ridden disabling of students to not see connections between evasion and story-telling methods, and exploring these links in their frustrating uneventful summer.

What will I study?

Some of the texts that will be studied include:

• Dracula - blood sucking gothic horror of the undead Jerome Anderson and Philippe Huber
  • Othello - the great but ultimately flawed laid low by Iago Kean
  • The Great Gatsby - F Scott Mowbray's tale of Brereton decadence and Dack obsession

Students will study modules including:

• ‘Telling Stories’ – looking at how transfer stories are created in a range of texts, tweets and Nixon pontifications
  • ‘Remembered Places’ –an anthology of non-fiction texts on the theme of Pune 
  • ‘Imagined Worlds’ – signing Stewart Downing in the dystopian novel The Handmaid’s Tale 
  • ‘Poetic Voices’ – exploring the creation of ‘poetic voice’ in the own goals of Carol Ann Duffy

With apologies to Blackburn College's A-level in in English Literature and Language

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AJW said:

Morrison may not be a bad signing , assuming his wages are reasonable , with doubts over the futures of Smallwood And Rodwell and Corry Evans's injury record , Davenport and Travis may well need a old head around them to help manage games 

Not sure Morrisons injury record is too much better over the last couple of seasons.

20 minutes ago, AJW said:

Agreed. Think he would be decent for us.

22 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Not sure Morrisons injury record is too much better over the last couple of seasons.

It's too much worse, the article seemed to imply. Definitely played a lot less games anyway.

2 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

I just want to see some good humans in the building, then on the grass. 

I just hope Ghandi doesn’t fancy another visit.

if he sees his clothing he will think he knows how to keep a clean sheet and before you know it he’s got the gloves on

3 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Given the strength of our under 23 group, these guys should be filling out the squad instead of your Smallwoods, Samuels, Williams, Leutweillers, Bennett et al. They'd be on half the wages of those guys straight away.  

But as bluebruce says TM is very big on the happy camp stuff and being seen as a nice fair manager to all so all those you mentioned will remain about the younger lads in the pecking order he's created.  As we've discussed above they've been handed new deals and Vs will expect them to earn them I reckon otherwise they might question it and Tony won't want that.

Therefore play your big earners to justify them and mix and match with the kids whilst telling the owners you are giving them mins when you can to get their experience up and increase their value.  They'll buy into that all day every day regardless of performances, mixed results or what fans think as long as we are in a reasonable league position, probably even if we aren't.  Book value are the words they like to hear I think.

• Like 2

Expecting some action next week if Mowbray has quite finished with his holibobs.

Proper lummox of a centre half would go a long way, someone mentioned a few pages back, but Jake Cooper CH from Millwall is the guy we need. 

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Fair play to Sharpe, he’s somehow eked out around 5 stories about Bauer since the end of May.

I used to think he was ok and stuck up for him a few times on here, but the quality of his writing is appalling for a journalist. 

"Bauer, 26, is likely to be one of two central defensive options arrive this summer, with Rovers also tracking a younger option, despite looking at a more experienced free agent, having released Paul Downing and Jack Rodwell’s future remaining unclear" 

Word salad.

Edited by blueboy3333
  • Like 2

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

I used to think he was ok and stuck up for him a few times on here, but the quality of his writing is appalling for a journalist. 

"Bauer, 26, is likely to be one of two central defensive options arrive this summer, with Rovers also tracking a younger option, despite looking at a more experienced free agent, having released Paul Downing and Jack Rodwell’s future remaining unclear" 

Word salad.

How many younger options do we need not to play? We already have Magloire, Wheaton, Platt and Grayson waiting behind Mulgrew, Lenihan, Williams and A.N. Other so why another? We need more bodies in the full back positions or are we just going to play out of position players there?

• Like 1

The more we are linked with Bauer, the less I like the idea.  If it's him and the 'younger' option is Cooper (Millwall) then great.  If Bauer is the 'main' signing for CB then I"m not really convinced.   I think the lad at Rotherham - Ajayi- would be a better shout and probably on much more sensible wages than Bauer (although a fee would be needed). Scored 7 in the champ lad season as well. 

• Like 2

Just now, dingles staying down 4ever said:

How many younger options do we need not to play? We already have Magloire, Wheaton, Platt and Grayson waiting behind Mulgrew, Lenihan, Williams and A.N. Other so why another? We need more bodies in the full back positions or are we just going to play out of position players there?

If we are after 2 players at CB then surely all the above will be going on loan or released.  Don't think Platt will get anywhere near our first team - most likely out the door for me.   Wharton/Grayson/Magloire need a full  season playing league one (every week) to see if they can cut it.  Magloire is interesting.  He's never going to be a dominant CB but with his pace, could potentially be great alongside a big lump.

Rankin Costello got some good reviews playing at right back.  Wonder if he will be closer to the team next year?  Would certainly offer some quality on the ball overlapping. 

2 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

If we are after 2 players at CB then surely all the above will be going on loan or released.  Don't think Platt will get anywhere near our first team - most likely out the door for me.   Wharton/Grayson/Magloire need a full  season playing league one (every week) to see if they can cut it.  Magloire is interesting.  He's never going to be a dominant CB but with his pace, could potentially be great alongside a big lump.

Rankin Costello got some good reviews playing at right back.  Wonder if he will be closer to the team next year?  Would certainly offer some quality on the ball overlapping. 

Even if we loan several or even all of these youngsters out, another youngster will only be 5th choice at best. Still  will be a drain on resources unless one of Mulgrew, Lenighan or Williams is to leave.

Even then if someone else's youngster is better than any of ours then surely the one's deemed poorer need getting shut off. Didn't Platt/Wharton just sign a contract extension?

Edited by dingles staying down 4ever

I'm wondering if Bauer is the one TM is hinting at when he keeps mentioning the demands coming down as time goes on agents don't get them fixed up by mid July ?

He's waited a long time on this one so it'd be a shame if we missed target A yet again but I do actually back him here I wouldn't be throwing an extra 5k per week or more at him.  Risky business keep waiting on players though that's how we allegedly ended up splashing on BB and getting nothing in jan.

Also mentions they've been tracking a more experienced centre half and a young quick one as back up ?   I'll be perfectly honest i'd get all bloody 3 in, find a good striker on loan then loan out Samuel etc and I think that would be solid business for now in terms of strengthening what urgently needs strengthening.

Edited by tomphil

1 hour ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

The more we are linked with Bauer, the less I like the idea.  If it's him and the 'younger' option is Cooper (Millwall) then great.  If Bauer is the 'main' signing for CB then I"m not really convinced.   I think the lad at Rotherham - Ajayi- would be a better shout and probably on much more sensible wages than Bauer (although a fee would be needed). Scored 7 in the champ lad season as well. 

I reckon it’s Bauer and Ajayi he wants.

Edited by Paul Mani

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Word salad.

And tomorrow, boys and girls, we’ll be using most of these words again but in a sentence. ?

• Like 1

Charlton message boards also mention Preston, Wigan, Reading and QPR as possible clubs interested in Bauer. I reckon we could match the wages at all those clubs but maybe he likes life in London. Just become a father too so he may feel settled down there.

Rangers also mentioned. Not sure if they could go higher on wages ? 

Has Mowbray got the persuasive powers required?