BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Crimpshrine said:

Charlton message boards also mention Preston, Wigan, Reading and QPR as possible clubs interested in Bauer. I reckon we could match the wages at all those clubs but maybe he likes life in London. Just become a father too so he may feel settled down there.

Yeah, stabbings every day etc, great place to bring up a kid.  The Ribble Valley on the other hand.......

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Yeah, stabbings every day etc, great place to bring up a kid.  The Ribble Valley on the other hand.......

Just now, tomphil said:

.....Burnley fans ....

It's a tricky one. Living with lawless scum who want to harm you...or living in London.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Too much Daily Mail?

Doubt he lives in Tower Hamlets.

London is one if the most vibrant and important truly international cities in the world.

Its a fantastic place to live and to grow up...

If you’ve got money.

Only reason he wouldn’t go to QPR is because they are shit.

• Like 2

Just now, Roverinbelfast said:

Hi all, 

Had this account for a while but never posted anything. Consider me more off a stalker as I do be on the board most days reading all your views. 

What's your thoughts on Connor Washington? Available on a free and I think he would do an excellent job for us. 

Scored about 13 league goals in over 100 championship appearances I think. That’s a poor record, don’t think he’s up too it if I’m honest. 

• Like 2

Just now, Butty said:

Scored about 13 league goals in over 100 championship appearances I think. That’s a poor record, don’t think he’s up too it if I’m honest. 

Yeah his stats don't make great reading, but neither did DGs when we signed him. He's still got his best years ahead of him and he is a real handful on his day. 

Just now, Roverinbelfast said:

Yeah his stats don't make great reading, but neither did DGs when we signed him. He's still got his best years ahead of him and he is a real handful on his day. 

Connor, that you? ?

I always though he was ok but he's not in the same class as Graham. Washington is more yer run the channels type of player. 

Edited by blueboy3333
  • Like 1

Very much doubt Bauer is within our wages' structure / budget.  The lad is on a free and his agent will want to max out on the deal.

Think Downing and Morrison are uninspiring targets.  IMO, boring and predictable Mowbray links. 

• Like 1

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Connor, that you? ?

I always though he was ok but he's not in the same class as Graham. Washington is more yer run the channels type of player. 

Not Connor just his agent lol... Was only checking opinions. Imo we definitely need another forward this season and I recon we could do a lot worse than Washington on a free. 

22 minutes ago, Roverinbelfast said:

Not Connor just his agent lol... Was only checking opinions. Imo we definitely need another forward this season and I recon we could do a lot worse than Washington on a free. 

Agree with you about needing another striker. I'm hoping it's Assombolanga. We can but dream!

• Like 1

Can't wait for Monday when we actually start our summer with the manager back in his office.

He should really use those first 10 days to go through the list of all free agents in the top 3 divisions and reach out to the best 3 in each position group. See what's what... then revisit them after they have been a free agents for a week and got over their delusional wage demand dreams.

Speaking of free agents, hearing Paul Downing could be making a somewhat surprising signing to a major L1 club next week, pretty sure it will be Sunderland. Not bad for our 5th choice......

If our first signing is a U20 PL loan, or an ex M'Boro, WBA or Coventry player, I'll be annoyed.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Roverinbelfast said:

Danny Graham had finished top scorer in the championship and played in the premier league before we signed him. He had a few bad years, but had pedigree. From what I have seen of Washington he is a headless chicken. Looks direct and hard working, but I think we can do better. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Can't wait for Monday when we actually start our summer with the manager back in his office.

He should really use those first 10 days to go through the list of all free agents in the top 3 divisions and reach out to the best 3 in each position group. See what's what... then revisit them after they have been a free agents for a week and got over their delusional wage demand dreams.

Speaking of free agents, hearing Paul Downing could be making a somewhat surprising signing to a major L1 club next week, pretty sure it will be Sunderland. Not bad for our 5th choice......

If our first signing is a U20 PL loan, or an ex M'Boro, WBA or Coventry player, I'll be annoyed.

Would it not be worth actually seeing who the player is first? Plenty of good players have played for Boro and West Brom. Automatically being annoyed because they played for them is a bit odd 

2 hours ago, Angry_Pirate said:

“So Tony...you’re bringing in Rhian Brewster on loan, Britt Assombalonga, Oliver Burke and Scott Dann...you must be delighted...” ?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Danny Graham had finished top scorer in the championship and played in the premier league before we signed him. He had a few bad years, but had pedigree. From what I have seen of Washington he is a headless chicken. Looks direct and hard working, but I think we can do better. 

In all fairness you probably haven't seen a lot of him to justify making a headless chicken comment. But each to their own. 

Just now, neophox said:

Worth to check out two good strikers in sweden, Henrik Larssons son Jordan Larsson is a real gem in the making at Norrköping and Tarik Elyoinoussi at AIK.

I would rather look take a look at Tarik's cousin Mohamed Elyounoussi, he is much better and a younger player. Norwegian newspaper VG wrote that several Championship clubs are following his situation in Southampton.

5 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Would it not be worth actually seeing who the player is first? Plenty of good players have played for Boro and West Brom. Automatically being annoyed because they played for them is a bit odd 

I think people see us as fishing in a very small pool. We need to cast our net wider.

And that concludes the Fishing Report!