BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

• Backroom

I’d be tempted to enquire about Hector at Chelsea, big strong defender. A little clumsy but the no nonsense type we miss at times.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 47er said:

I think people see us as fishing in a very small pool. We need to cast our net wider.

And that concludes the Fishing Report!

The tenchion as we await our first signing is palpable. We need to raise the barbel where quality is concerned. If only Steve Guppy was still playing. ?

John Ruddy, Ken Breamish, Marlin Harewood, Eel Hadji Diouf, Jordan Pikeford, Ray Parlour, Ronnie Whalen, Jessie Lingard, Blenny McCarthy, Trent Aleczander Armstrong  could all be angling for a plaice with Dave Bassett being the sole candidate for manager, could be looking a bit bleak nowadace but he's the manta do it if he doesn't flounder.

Sorry some of them are a bit ruffe. Where is my coat?

Edited by DeeCee

3 hours ago, bigbrandjohn said:

I think the boss likes bringing in senior players who can do a lob and coach the youngsters. Graham has been a good role model for Brereton. Downing would be good for Chapman and Whelan for the young midfielders. Just a thought. ?

If thats the case why not just keep Conway and not bring in Downing?

3 hours ago, bigbrandjohn said:

I think the boss likes bringing in senior players who can do a lob and coach the youngsters. Graham has been a good role model for Brereton. Downing would be good for Chapman and Whelan for the young midfielders. Just a thought. ?

Chapman has already been with Downing for a few seasons. It's simply not feasible to have an older player on big wages simply to act as a role model for a youngster. I don't honestly see Brereton having learned anything off Graham although to be fair Mowbray hardly played him as a target man.

Just now, arbitro said:

Chapman has already been with Downing for a few seasons. It's simply not feasible to have an older player on big wages simply to act as a role model for a youngster. I don't honestly see Brereton having learned anything off Graham although to be fair Mowbray hardly played him as a target man.

To be fair, most of the time that Downing has been at Boro, Chapman has been out on loan.........................................or on the treatment table

11 minutes ago, arbitro said:

No manager pays a player ‘simply to act as a role model’. Downing is a player first and foremost. He’ll be signed to play and then to guide young players. 

Q - How do you know Chapman isn’t the one championing this signing because Downing has been an amazing role model to him?

Edited by Paul Mani

Just now, Paul Mani said:

No manager pays a player ‘simply to act as a role model’. Downing is a player first and foremost. He’ll be signed to play and then to guide young players. 

Q - How do you know Chapman isn’t the one championing this signing because Downing has been an amazing role model to him?

Clearly I don't know but if he was and if Mowbray used that as one of the criteria for signing him I would be disappointed.

On the first point isn't that what I was implying?

Just now, arbitro said:

Clearly I don't know but if he was and if Mowbray used that as one of the criteria for signing him I would be disappointed.

On the first point isn't that what I was implying?

To me, you were implying that Downing was being pursued purely as a role model. My point was that managers don’t pay footballers to do that. Granted, the ability to be a role model is attractive but it’s always about what they can add on the pitch first, surely?

32 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

To me, you were implying that Downing was being pursued purely as a role model. My point was that managers don’t pay footballers to do that. Granted, the ability to be a role model is attractive but it’s always about what they can add on the pitch first, surely?

Quite the opposite actually.

Chapman has already been with Downing  for a few seasons . It's simply not feasible to have an older player on big wages simply to act as a role model fo r a youngste r. I  d on't honestl y see Brereton havi ng learned anything off Graham although to be fair Mowbray ha rdly played him as a targe t  m an .

• Like 1

Just now, billingtonrover said:
BLACKBURN. Surprise interest in old boy Grant Hanley. Poss loan deal with NORWICH. Wonder if that opens door for a SHEFF U bid for long term target Lenihan.

Frig me, people have speculated about that on here. He must go from forum to forum reading all the made up shite and then claiming it as his own.

Edited by blueboy3333
  • Like 2

IF that is true. We really are turning the barrel over and scraping the underside. Don’t believe anything out of that clowns mouth though to be fair. 

Just now, billingtonrover said:
BLACKBURN. Surprise interest in old boy Grant Hanley. Poss loan deal with NORWICH. Wonder if that opens door for a SHEFF U bid for long term target Lenihan.

2+2 = 75 ... The world according to Nixon, he must've been awake all night thinking of that one.

In other news i'd take Hanley on loan in a heartbeat to fight for a place not replace Lenihen, replacing Mulgrew would strengthen the defence imo.  Hanley is a left sided CH after all isn't he ?

• Like 1

It's Sunday morning so Nixon has to put something on his twitter account to try and entice people to go to the shop and buy whichever rag he's putting his stories in these days. Notice his 'stories' always appear early Sunday morning just in time for people to nip to the shops. 

24 minutes ago, billingtonrover said:

With Norwich going up and that Hanley has played few games this season (9 matches) suggests to me this could happen if we were interested. Likely to be on big wages though as Norwich will probably have matched what he got at Newcastle. 

Plus it would bring him a lot closer to home/

Edited by joey_big_nose

3 hours ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

If thats the case why not just keep Conway and not bring in Downing?

He tried that.

8 minutes ago, tomphil said:

2+2 = 75 ... The world according to Nixon, he must've been awake all night thinking of that one.

In other news i'd take Hanley on loan in a heartbeat to fight for a place not replace Lenihen, replacing Mulgrew would strengthen the defence imo.  Hanley is a left sided CH after all isn't he ?

Why doesn't Hanley play for Scotland anymore and Mulgrew does?

2 hours ago, philipl said:

If he is fit and wants a glorious Indian summer, we could do worse than have James Morrison in the squad, especially if Rodwell is still undecided.

We could also do better.

18 minutes ago, billingtonrover said:

Lenihan would be taken to the cleaners in the premier league....he would give a penalty away per game 

Just now, bluebruce said:

He tried that.

Why doesn't Hanley play for Scotland anymore and Mulgrew does?

Maybe because Mulgrew is more suited to the cultured side of things whereas Hanley is a bread and butter Championship lump.....just what we need we aren't playing international football at Ewood ?

Plus one is a more or less guaranteed starter for his average side but the other lost his place in a good one partly down to injury I believe.

Edited by tomphil