BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

8 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

The tenchion as we await our first signing is palpable. We need to raise the barbel where quality is concerned. If only Steve Guppy was still playing. ?

I should have known!

24 minutes ago, billingtonrover said:
BLACKBURN. Surprise interest in old boy Grant Hanley. Poss loan deal with NORWICH. Wonder if that opens door for a SHEFF U bid for long term target Lenihan.

I think that would be a good partnership provided Hanley retains the form he had when he left us but NOT,definitely NOT as a replacement for Linahan.

1 hour ago, billingtonrover said:
BLACKBURN. Surprise interest in old boy Grant Hanley. Poss loan deal with NORWICH. Wonder if that opens door for a SHEFF U bid for long term target Lenihan.

Well the Lenihan thing is mischevious and clearly just his opinion/ reason to bring another club into his gossip. So let's not start having it as gospel that we are selling Lenihan, OK folks?  :)

To be honest I would be surprised if Sheffield United weren't setting their sites higher at this point. 

Just now, yeti-dog said:

If the question is about us playing a more passing game next year then Grant Hanley is certainly not the answer - he's as composed on the ball as an agoraphobic on the Yorkshire moors.  

Sure but its all about not conceding. There's only one Mike England!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, yeti-dog said:

If the question is about us playing a more passing game next year then Grant Hanley is certainly not the answer - he's as composed on the ball as an agoraphobic on the Yorkshire moors.  

Under pressure he tried to clear his lines on the deck or in the air without pausing to think or wait for it to bounce, something we need but yep his first instinct not under pressure tended to be hoof !

Just now, tomphil said:

Under pressure he tried to clear his lines on the deck or in the air without pausing to think or wait for it to bounce, something we need but yep his first instinct not under pressure tended to be hoof !

As opposed to Del "the kaiser" Williams.?..Grant's on another planet compared to him

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, yeti-dog said:

I think the question is will a passing game out from the back (as Mowbray has said he wants) make us more secure defensively?

Mowbray hasn't signed a good defender in his two and a half years at the club. This summer that needs to change. This is the summer that Mowbray runs out of excuses on the defensive front. 

Bauer seems to be the favoured option. He'd better be good or we may be in all sorts of relegation trouble next season without the momentum-inspired start we had last season. 

Grant Hanley on a season loan at 30%(?) wages, Patrick Bauer on a free. Keep Lenihan. That's the CB position sorted for me. Check and move on.

Lenihan, Hanley, Bauer, Mulgrew, Williams, Rodwell(?), Magliore, Wharton... Not exactly world beating but for the £0 transfer fee involved we should be all over that.

3 big nasty starters who can each play a bit. Mulgrew as first rotation, Williams a 4-5 game option in there and the others to supplement it.

Spend the *£7m* on a proper CM to play alongside Travis. John McGinn cost what, £3m?

Look for more frees, and then some loans (at a later date). 

Just please Tony, don't spunk the money and wage budget on the over 30 club - 18 month wonder package from Boro and Albion.

(For what it's worth, those clinging to hope that worst case scenario any Lenihan sale to SU would generate £12m+, you'll be very disappointed as it'll be nowhere near that high unfortunately)

Just now, Angry_Pirate said:

(For what it's worth, those clinging to hope that worst case scenario any Lenihan sale to SU would generate £12m+, you'll be very disappointed as it'll be nowhere near that high unfortunately)

TBF you couldn't possibly know that. All I know is that Lenihan is massively underrated by some.

I'd be very surprised if Rovers put a price of less than £10m on him. 

• Like 2

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

TBF you couldn't possibly know that. All I know is that Lenihan is massively underrated by some.

I'd be very surprised if Rovers put a price of less than £10m on him. 

TBF You couldn't possibly know that I couldnt possibly know that.

• Like 1

If we got offered £7-8 Million for Lenihan I would certainly take it he's a decent defender but easily replaceable and with that sort of money on top of our budget we could have a complete overhaul of our defence which is desperately needed.

• Like 2

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Or he could swallow his pride and actually play some football 

Even more unlikely, seems to be one of those happy to be on a big wedge to sit on a bench to me.

Just now, dingles staying down 4ever said:

as is Lenihans

Lenihan can’t head. Extremely rash in the tackle and loses his man far to often. His positioning for a centre back is extremely poor. If we got 10 I’d happily sell

37 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

We never let all those goals in last ten mins when Hanley was in the back 4.  I like him and left because a premier league club wanted him.  Was it Benítez?

• Like 3