BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

42 minutes ago, unsall said:

And let’s wait for the start of the season, and see who we have signed before all this none sense on here.

The problem is I've said for 4 previous transfer windows we need a new centre half. I've waited every windows and it hasn't been adressed. For 3 of those windows it is well known we have been sniffing around Bauer. 

I didn't know a lot about him other than Charlton fans rated him, and missed him when he was injured. As he was obviously Mowbrays number 1 target, I hoped he would be coming in at some point so am disappointed that we've now lost him to Preston.

Theres a lot of people on here decided that he is suddenly shit, who I expect would be saying good move by Mowbray if he had signed. If the strategy is going to be sign cheaper from below, rather than pay more money for proven players from above, it may be one that has slipped through the net.

• Like 8

Just now, Hasta said:

The problem is I've said for 4 previous transfer windows we need a new centre half. I've waited every windows and it hasn't been adressed. For 3 of those windows it is well known we have been sniffing around Bauer. 

I didn't know a lot about him other than Charlton fans rated him, and missed him when he was injured. As he was obviously Mowbrays number 1 target, I hoped he would be coming in at some point so am disappointed that we've now lost him to Preston.

Theres a lot of people on here decided that he is suddenly shit, who I expect would be saying good move by Mowbray if he had signed. If the strategy is going to be sign cheaper from below, rather than pay more money for proven players from above, it may be one that has slipped through the net.

This is just the juxtaposition and I agree with your sentiments completely. But I can’t for a second believe we have  been out manoeuvred by PNE.

There is nothing that you would has a footballer think PNE over rovers. I may be biased and missing something but at this point I can’t think what that i.

• Like 1

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Is he a reliable Twit?

Not sure - hes not a reliable tweeter though, 3,500 followers suggests very little 'ITK' info. 

I was told at the end of last season the vast majority of the budget will be spent on defence, with everyone but Lenihan at risk. Bauer going to PNE says two things - either we dont have anywhere like the budget we have been told, or we have targets of a better standard. PNE have a salary limit of 15K - we could have easily beaten that, if we wanted. 

• Like 2

I'd find it a little strange if Sheffield United did go for Lenihan. He is key for us but thats amidst a defensive shit storm, Lenihan himself can be very rash and prone to making big mistakes or conceding penalties, for all of his attributes in terms of his bravery and athleticism.

Also, presuming Sheffield United continue to play with 3 at the back, he is nowhere near good enough on the ball to play as one of their overlapping centre backs, so he would be competing with the impressive Egan in the middle.

One thing is for sure, hes one we cannot allow to let go.

• Like 1

Reading through the blokes Twitter and struggling to find and of his transfer scoops that have actually come off. Just seems to post idle bullshit.  He's probably picked up on the fact they've bid for him previously a few years ago. As much as I like Lenihan I'd say the blades need to be aiming a bit higher than him anyway if they wanna stay up

14 minutes ago, Hasta said:

You could very well be right, but what I saying let’s wait and see if he can bring a better player before we slate him.

1 hour ago, DaveyB said:

Indeed, and I imagine that many of those using this as a stick to beat Mowbray with, would have been underwhelmed had he signed and then used that as a stick to beat Mowbray with instead. 

It’s almost as though people have entrenched views and use every action, inaction, rumour and whatever else as confirmation of those views

The difference is that one group want us to strive for success and question when we look as though we are settling for mediocrity.

The other just defend mediocrity like it in some way makes them better supporters.

The interesting bit at the moment is when Mowbray says one thing and does another but is still defended.

Right now we have a weaker squad than the one that finished the season. I just hope our signings this Summer aren’t made out of desperation and that we can look back at Bauer and laugh. (Just not at Mowbray for scouting him of course).

• Like 4

The relative silence could be seen either way. From the good perspective, we've got targets and figures in hand and we're keeping it all under wraps to protect the deals. 

Bad perspective, the fax machines broken again.

He has the window to keep my faith.

Just now, tomphil said:

I think he'll pull off at least one good loan from a Prem club the Vs like to back that kind of thing but I hope it's a good defender and I hope he gets started.

I hope the loan signing is better than him from Chelsea , who ended up at Bristol City .

One good 5 minutes every 4 games ...

Edited by Waggy76