BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Could do with some positive news today, my Chow passed away a couple of hours ago. I know its just a dog but its never nice to be woken by a harrowing yelp/cry and then seeing your buddy of 10 years lieing on the floor with blood coming from his mouth. One final yelp of pain within 20 seconds of getting there and he was gone.

Then of course I have the missus and kids all crying their eyes out.

Come on TM - give me something to take my mind off.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

Right lads/lasses- this positive vs negative stuff stops now. Any further comment will be classed as trolling and be dealt with accordingly.

We are all individual posters with our own minds and opinions that comment on what they see. 

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, 47er said:

The problem is defence! Even if we hadn't lost Conway and Reed, it wouldn't have prevented the disastrous goals against column. That's why we are a bit anxious. if we don't make good defence signings our season is likely over before its begun.

Hold on... That’s not a straw man is it? Who’s the official BRFCS judge on such matters?..

Being serious for a second though, I too have concern that money needs to be spent on defence, but my first assumption or expectation isn’t “Oh well, we didn’t get Bauer so that’s definitely a cockup by us, definitely because of TM being a poor manager and/or the owners messing us up, and/or a result of Waggott’s incompetence”

There is no need assume the worst. As @DaveyB put “It’s almost as though people have entrenched views and use every action, inaction, rumour and whatever else as confirmation of those views”..

We all know the club turned its nose up at paying a million for this lad 12 months ago, isn’t it just as feasible to argue we’ve moved on. Then one of the most vocal and active Rovers fans mentions TM’s direct words about not being that interested in this lad, yet he is ignored for the sake of assumption that this is down the Rao’s making our staff travel to India or because TM isn’t “modern or forward thinking” like Alex Neil...!

Theres no need for any of us to be upset, or get out our pram on the internet about different opinions, but even you can’t argue that the “defending mediocrity” comments are just pathetic wummery! Especially since you’d be an expert on such matters ;) 

Just now, JacknOry said:

Could do with some positive news today, my Chow passed away a couple of hours ago. I know its just a dog but its never nice to be woken by a harrowing yelp/cry and then seeing your buddy of 10 years lieing on the floor with blood coming from his mouth. One final yelp of pain within 20 seconds of getting there and he was gone.

Sorry to hear it Pal

• Like 1

Just now, K-Hod said:

Right lads/lasses- this positive vs negative stuff stops now. Any further comment will be classed as trolling and be dealt with accordingly.

We are all individual posters with our own minds and opinions that comment on what they see. 

Mate you could’ve posted that after I replied.:)

@JacknOry - ah harsh to hear mate, I hope for good news too.

• Like 2

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Where did I say that WUM?  Do better or don't fecking bother.

Well I’m just thinking, since he told us all our manager wasn’t that interested in this lad, you’d have to be assuming he is talking rubbish if you’re using the argument that this happened because Preston are a more “normal” club aka run better...

Just now, Biz said:

Well I’m just thinking, since he told us all our manager wasn’t that interested in this lad, you’d have to be assuming he is talking rubbish if you’re using the argument that this happened because Preston are a more “normal” club aka run better...

Preston are run better imho

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Preston are run better imho

You may be right in some ways, but they’ve nowhere near the funding or facilities we have.

The quotes of their chairman online last summer, about the Armstrong transfer and us “blowing them out the water” would point me to think that anyone we wanted “as much” as Preston, we’d get before them.

13 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Awful news mate you all have my sympathies, sadly our pets can't tell us there's something wrong so there's nothing that can be done in such situations. No long suffering is a tiny crumb of comfort.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Makes sense. Seeing as Mowbray alluded to losing interest in the supporters forum. 

Having slept on it i'm still a bit disappointed but seeing as you like the positives I suppose looking at the likes of him as back means he's set the bar quite high to replace Downing which is good.

Other side of the coin - and there always is one -  That only really rings true if he's identified better to come in up the pecking order but it falls to pieces if he's still regarding Lenihen, Mulgrew and Williams/Rodwell as his first choice 4.   Also sniffing around the guy all this time then either backing away after being quoted big wages without actually making a move to really find out or even worse telling porkies to put fans off because you've gone off him or know he'll knock you back for a similar club is a balls up no matter how it's dressed up.

He really needs a good defensive signing or two now or he's made himself look very silly. Defenders are coming remember.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Biz said:

Hold on... That’s not a straw man is it? Who’s the official BRFCS judge on such matters?..

Being serious for a second though, I too have concern that money needs to be spent on defence, but my first assumption or expectation isn’t “Oh well, we didn’t get Bauer so that’s definitely a cockup by us, definitely because of TM being a poor manager and/or the owners messing us up, and/or a result of Waggott’s incompetence”

There is no need assume the worst. As @DaveyB put “It’s almost as though people have entrenched views and use every action, inaction, rumour and whatever else as confirmation of those views”..

We all know the club turned its nose up at paying a million for this lad 12 months ago, isn’t it just as feasible to argue we’ve moved on. Then one of the most vocal and active Rovers fans mentions TM’s direct words about not being that interested in this lad, yet he is ignored for the sake of assumption that this is down the Rao’s making our staff travel to India or because TM isn’t “modern or forward thinking” like Alex Neil...!

Theres no need for any of us to be upset, or get out our pram on the internet about different opinions, but even you can’t argue that the “defending mediocrity” comments are just pathetic wummery! Especially since you’d be an expert on such matters ;) 

No its not a straw man, its just bloody obvious!  Signings needed in defence as you acknowledge so what are you on about?I'm ignoring most of your post because its the usual stuff you deliver me everytime---everything's OK, no need to panic etc etc.

I'm not panicking! I used the word "if". If Mike E's scenario is correct there nothing to worry about and we'll sign someone better and I will rejoice.

But we turned this guy down for a million (your statement) and we haven't signed him now he's free!

So one of two possibilities----we've changed our mind about him (despite talking him up for months) and we have someone better lined up OR we haven't got a pot to piss in.

Which it is we'll find out soon. 

27 minutes ago, Biz said:

You may be right in some ways, but they’ve nowhere near the funding or facilities we have.

The quotes of their chairman online last summer, about the Armstrong transfer and us “blowing them out the water” would point me to think that anyone we wanted “as much” as Preston, we’d get before them.

Ignores the erratic nature of our masters.

15 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

We have a good enough budget to be at the very least challenging for top 6, we just need to spend it well. Last year Norwich and Sheffield United both promoted neither side spent big money and both will have been far from the highest wage bills in the division but they had good competitive budgets like us and they spent them very well. The same the year before Cardiff had a modest budget but Warnock knew the league and what type of players to use his budget on. The trouble is with Mowbray is that apart from perhaps with Hibs over 15 years ago he has never over achieved with a club.

How do you work out we have a good enough budget to challenge for the top 6 when at least 6 teams have bigger budgets than us? By my rough estimate 9 will have more to spend for sure. Then we will have around the same budget as  6-10 other clubs. 

20 minutes ago, Biz said:

My previous post was not meant to be about Bauer but rather more general in that as at early May Alex Neil knew his budget and therefore which of his targets he could start going for.

We are told that the Club is being 'rebuilt' and should, therefore, be judged over X number of years or X number of transfer windows.

It seems to me that we actually have no 'masterplan' if the Club, TM and Waggott have to wait until they go to Pune to find out what the owners mood currently is and what funding will be available. The fact that such meetings appear to be on a yearly basis adds to the problem. No one can plan or run a business on such a basis. It is not a criticism of TM or Waggott apart from the fact that they seem to accept these ruinous working conditions.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

Sympahies mate. We are besotted dog lovers and it breaks our hearts whenever we farewell them. Takes us fully 18 months to get over it, continually expecting them to run up to you etc. 

Then we get another!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lie_still_Rover said:

Bid gone in for Lenihan from Sheff Utd according to Twitter

12 hours ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

12 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Is he a reliable Twit?

No, he only has a handful of followers and if you look at his other tweets they are generally nonsense. 

Of course that won't stop the rumour spreading that we are selling him 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/we-know-what-want-preston-16234835

7th May 2019: Alex Neil says he has clear targets in mind and knows the budget he will be working from as he targets an important summer.

What a normal football Club is like!

I can't imagine any club just sits and waits until the end of the season and then decides a budget. They must be scouting players, looking at contract situations all the time and these would have to fit into a budget structure of some kind.

Budgets will be impacted on relegation, players sales, player injuries, FFP, it has to be an evolving process. 

Even in our case, i can't imagine we just wait until TM and the gang go over to India to decide a budget. Conversations must have been going on throughout the season.

11 minutes ago, neophox said:

If Dack leaves, Rothwell should play in the position. £18m is alot of Money if we want to strenghten the team.

There is absolutely no evidence that the money would be spent on strengthening the team. Historically it's quite the opposite where any big incoming fees haven't been used to strengthen.

I have zero confidence that they would give Mowbray that kind of money.

• Like 4