BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

It's a message board. Calm down. I doubt anyone at the club is getting upset we are 'on their backs'. 

Try adding to the debate instead of trying to shut it down. It isn't difficult 'lad'. 

I’m not trying to shut anything down. You’re just boring everyone with your constant whinging. It’s perfectly reasonable to expect fully grown men to be able to process basic information without bleating on and on..

When anyone actually does come on here with transfer information you and ‘the boys’ usually hound them out calling bullshit and demanding a ‘source’.

Hang on, wait a minute..Is there an age limit on this site? 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

Treat yourself and spend some time looking at tranfermarkt.co.uk and go through the transfer windows since Venky’s arrived.

Those signings and no outgoings would be an unequivocal success.

I genuinely think we’ve added better players than we’ve lost under Mowbray - that is an incredibly rare thing to say since Big Sam...  all for around net £3.5m a year and (I presume) a reduced wage bill. So they’ve probably spent nowt.

Mowbray isn’t the problem when it comes to transfers.

I’m sick of the narrative that Venkys are funding us generously when they’ve taken something like £40m+ out of the squad in less than ten years and the wage structure is exponentially lower.

Another Dack, Rothwell, Armstrong or Chapman would be nice right now.

Maybe it’s the Aussie this time. I really want him now!

Any value “taken out of the squad” has been subsumed into working capital to fund the income shortfall following relegation. Due to FFP the wage bill has to be a proportion of T/O (at least in the Championship).

It would have been 13 to be fair. I was looking at the Top 2 so my mistake. I turned into Mowbray for a minute. 

Actually 13 pts wouldn't have been enough but its a damn sight nearer than 30 !

• Like 1

Just now, neophox said:

Think these two could provide a Big difference as mistakes and firepower was a Big problem last season in many games.

Completely agree. Downing, Hanley and Gally would make a massive difference. Added to the potential of Rothwell, Chapman, Armstrong, Travis and Davenport and the class of Dack and Graham I’d be quietly confident of being in and around the top 6.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Lads this really isn’t difficult. The manager has said he wants to get in the top six this season. The players are saying the same (see Downings interview). Top 6 wasn’t our target last season. The season before they put their neck on the block saying they HAD to go up and they did....

Get off their backs and let them get this window over and the season started. If they are nowhere near the top 6 come Christmas then there won’t be a single Rovers fan happy because top 6 is the the absolute stated aim and we are all Rovers fans first and foremost. 

I’ll hold you to that as I’ll expect you’ll have every excuse under the sun as to why we aren’t up there.

Though I don’t see why you are tying your colours to the mast, as for me we shouldn’t expect to be close to the top 6 at all unless a boat load of defenders and a quality striker emerge in 6 weeks.

The squad currently isn’t good enough and most fans I know don’t have a slightest hope for promotion with it.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

Yep, I was looking at a league table after 45 games when Derby had 71 point and we had 59?

It's definitely 15. You should have said. 

I did say 15 Blue ..and tripled checked because I know what you're like when it comes to stats quotes and goddamn facts !!?

It's a message board. Calm down. I doubt anyone at the club is getting upset we are 'on their backs'. 

Try adding to the debate instead of trying to shut it down. It isn't difficult 'lad'. 

“Calm down” ? says the man who’s posted 11 times in this thread alone today before 10.00am.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, neophox said:

Getting Gally and Hanley in would make us a top six team if all the players staying. Think Downing is a good replacement for Conway. But this is the season for Brereton and Rothwell to gel!

Dear me, how long have you been watching Rovers ... ?

They'll be decent additions as opposed to nothing or worse which could easily happen, Downing is complete meh !

23 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Worry is that TM seems to think a new centre half is going to solve all our defensive issues, yet will then persist to play Bennett at right back and wonder why it all goes wrong.

Two new full backs are just as crucial as a new centre half but I doubt the budget stretches that far whilst we're apparently chasing another non goalscoring forward and already have a 35 year old winger on the books.

Totally agree with this, one centre back is not going to solve all of our defensive problems we will still have 2 left backs that can't defend and an average winger who is shoehorned into the team at right back. We also still have a goal keeper who costs us more points than he saves. The backline needs a complete overhaul if Mowbray is serious about a top 6 push.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, neophox said:

Reed was mostly a sub. Good player but mostly a sub.

He started 28 games. Considering he wasn't signed until 5 games into the season and was injured for the final 5, I'm not sure how you come to the conclusion that he was mostly a sub. 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Lads this really isn’t difficult. The manager has said he wants to get in the top six this season. The players are saying the same (see Downings interview). Top 6 wasn’t our target last season. The season before they put their neck on the block saying they HAD to go up and they did....

Get off their backs and let them get this window over and the season started. If they are nowhere near the top 6 come Christmas then there won’t be a single Rovers fan happy because top 6 is the the absolute stated aim and we are all Rovers fans first and foremost. 

If we are nowhere near the top 6 at Christmas you will never criticise the manager, you will simply find new excuses for him.

Edited by 47er
typo
  • Like 5

27 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

Any value “taken out of the squad” has been subsumed into working capital to fund the income shortfall following relegation. Due to FFP the wage bill has to be a proportion of T/O (at least in the Championship).

Selling to run the club in other words - before/leading to relegation -, hopefully another similar scenario ( that will surely come ) falls into the category of trading club again i.e reinvest in the squad.

Edited by tomphil

34 minutes ago, neophox said:

Reed was mostly a sub. Good player but mostly a sub.

Good player so why a sub? Does not compute! TM all over. (That's if you're right of course, I can't be arsed checking.)

Edit----others have checked and you are wrong!!

Edited by 47er
  • Like 1