BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, arbitro said:

I was going to use his performance in that game as an example of how poor he was. Positionally he was all cover the place and as we were so close we could hear other players telling him where to go but he cocked them a deaf 'un. In the first game at Ewood he was sent off and should have been sent off in the replay for deliberately kicking the ball at the referee. From memory he got the hook at halftime.

He might have improved his attitude and I hope he does well but the news today of a potential big move will cause some on here to rewrite history.

He did indeed get the hook on half time and was very fortunate to reach half time after an act of petulant I'll discipline

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

God I would love if wr do very well this season. The word eating here would be good. 

I see the papers are linking Rakeem Harper with Liverpool and juventus. Remember him? Another singing that people said was useless before they even watched him. 

Oh yes thats right, started one game here in half a season, did absolutley fantastic didnt he?

So its either he started one game because at the time he was poor or because the manager got it wrong, and played his trusted, magnificent and reliable bennett, smallwood amd evans in midfield. So which one is it? Its either one or the other, and you wont like either, so would love to know?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

Different divisions involved obviously but....?‍♂️

5B1E286A-3EFC-4DA3-A1AF-1B2C6D5AA9CD.jpeg

Now the lost column is more than double that so pretty irrelevant, especially given he managed celtic, where chaddy would win the league.

I see we still havent had any suggestions as to who the young talented managers are who can come in and better!

I appreciate it its an obscure forum but if its discussionable then lets have the discussion. Truth is, there are NO young decent managers out there who would be able to make a mark at Ewood Park. We tried it with Ince, Berg and Appleton and they ALL failed miserably.

There is so much good about the club in comparison to the last 7 years, love or hate venkys, they have to be acknowledged for allowing the Academy to flourish after initial abysmal raping of the clubs finances and gross mismanagement within the club. Its now time to be a bit more positive about the club if we can.

6 weeks to get ready for Charlton. I am sure TM and co will have the players he wants at the club.

BRFC get behind the club

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, AAK said:

Oh yes thats right, started one game here in half a season, did absolutley fantastic didnt he?

So its either he started one game because at the time he was poor or because the manager got it wrong, and played his trusted, magnificent and reliable bennett, smallwood amd evans in midfield. So which one is it? Its either one or the other, and you wont like either, so would love to know?

What are you gibbering on about? It was the usual stuff of him "not being good enough" on here, before he even played for us, or didn't play as was mostly the case. It happens with practically everyone we are linked with or sign. 

The line was why is Mowbray signing this guy? Well we were in league 1 and a season later he is being linked with two of the biggest clubs in Europe. The move didn't work out here for various reasons, but it just shows that he was a good find. The couch scouts who don't even watch players before writing them off crack me up. 

Just now, 1864roverite said:

I see we still havent had any suggestions as to who the young talented managers are who can come in and better!

I appreciate it its an obscure forum but if its discussionable then lets have the discussion. Truth is, there are NO young decent managers out there who would be able to make a mark at Ewood Park. We tried it with Ince, Berg and Appleton and they ALL failed miserably.

There is so much good about the club in comparison to the last 7 years, love or hate venkys, they have to be acknowledged for allowing the Academy to flourish after initial abysmal raping of the clubs finances and gross mismanagement within the club. Its now time to be a bit more positive about the club if we can.

6 weeks to get ready for Charlton. I am sure TM and co will have the players he wants at the club.

BRFC get behind the club

Fans want us to get the Eddie Howes before he becomes famous. For every Eddie Howe there are 50 "young managers" who do jack shit. They are retrospective football experts.

It's the same with signings, "oh we should sign a top quality striker and CB for 3 million each". Who should we sign? "oh I don't know, it's not my job to know." 

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

What are you gibbering on about? It was the usual stuff of him "not being good enough" on here, before he even played for us, or didn't play as was mostly the case. It happens with practically everyone we are linked with or sign. 

The line was why is Mowbray signing this guy? Well we were in league 1 and a season later he is being linked with two of the biggest clubs in Europe. The move didn't work out here for various reasons, but it just shows that he was a good find. The couch scouts who don't even watch players before writing them off crack me up. 

People remark on what they see, what’s surprising about that? 

Some players come good, some don’t reach their potential, such is football.

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 2

• Moderation Lead

I'm talking about before they see the player actually play. It happens on here and you know it 

I’m sure it does. People have different opinion, such is life.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

Wow ...couple of things that surprised me there 1) didn't know souness was boss for more games than dalglish and 2) Don Mackay who was vilified for a lot of his time at rovers as a pretty good win ratio 

• Like 1

With all this talk of us signing Gallagher can I just ask those postera who don't think he is a good signing, to just say that once please. Some posters will literally tell you they don't like the manager or players every hour, on the hour. Ye know who ye are! 

If we sign Gallagher too play up top then yes he’d be a good signing. If we sign Gallagher too play on the wing in the Armstrong role of not tracking back and just not even being a winger in the first place then it’s a no. Don’t know why anyone is talking about changing manager though, he’s not done much wrong and if he hasn’t got a pot too piss in this summer it won’t make a difference who’s in charge we won’t be making the play offs even if Pep was our manager. 

• Like 1

Just now, Butty said:

If we sign Gallagher too play up top then yes he’d be a good signing. If we sign Gallagher too play on the wing in the Armstrong role of not tracking back and just not even being a winger in the first place then it’s a no. Don’t know why anyone is talking about changing manager though, he’s not done much wrong and if he hasn’t got a pot too piss in this summer it won’t make a difference who’s in charge we won’t be making the play offs even if Pep was our manager. 

Pep might sort the defense!

• Moderation Lead
Just now, HowieFive0 said:

So basically this is a forum where we make up what we want and alls well ..such is life ..

Not sure how you arrived at that from what I said, but fair enough....

• Like 2

Just now, K-Hod said:

Not sure how you arrived at that from what I said, but fair enough....

"I'm talking about before they see the player actually play. It happens on here and you know it " ..Big Dog quote 

"I’m sure it does. People have different opinion, such is life." ..your answer .

So ok to basically make it up about players before seen ..fair enough ..such is life . As long as we al know the rules ..

1 hour ago, Herbie6590 said:

I’ve just retweeted some WBA fan comments...(see the Home page if you are not on Twitter) - they bloody love him. I assume he has developed quite a lot since we sent him back. The raw 17y/o has developed it seems...

This will be a common theme with Mowbray, as it was with Bowyer. They aren’t brave or bold enough to give youngsters a run out - in their best positions.

1 hour ago, Herbie6590 said:

As well as being spurious given the L1 games being included, that must be well out of date. 69 games doesn’t cover two full seasons and according to transfermarkt it’s closer to double that.

His 61 game Championship record is W21 D19 L21 - really very average - with a win % of 34.4.

By your measure that actually makes him worse than Lambert, having had far longer and a huge budget, while Lambert had a negative budget and yet still signed our best Championship player, as well as Mowbray’s Mr. Professional.

• Like 3

• Moderation Lead
Just now, HowieFive0 said:

"I'm talking about before they see the player actually play. It happens on here and you know it " ..Big Dog quote 

"I’m sure it does. People have different opinion, such is life." ..your answer .

So ok to basically make it up about players before seen ..fair enough ..such is life . As long as we al know the rules ..

I never said or suggested anything of the sort. I tried to be as neutral as possible and said people have different opinions.

2 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I watched him and he was worse than useless with an attitude to boot

I saw him play and he was deeply average even taking his youth in account. That report says a lot about modern football in my opinion. Having said that weren't Real Madrid supposed to be watching Henley when he first got into our first team.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Appleton, Ince et al were shit, doesn’t mean there are NO good young managers that could do a job at Ewood.

What nonsense.

Let’s have some names then! I’ve followed footie for 50 yrs or so and in this current age I don’t see any other than the two brothers who WONT take jobs higher up the leagues as they are too inexperienced, other than that??

Graham Potter came from Scandinavia (just like Berg) ended up at Swansea, now in the PL.

Dean Smith.

Cowley

Farke

Stoke nabbed Jones, who was in all likleyhood about to take Luton to back to back promotions.

There are always potential emerging, who was Wagner when Huddersfield found him? Proper, professional football clubs make it their business to find the next one.

I’m not after booting out Mowbray, so not sure why I’m even bothering, but to say there are no promising managers in Europe is just bloody daft, 50 years, indeed!

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/forums/topic/33478-thursday-deadline/&page=350

https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/forums/topic/33478-thursday-deadline/&page=351

No it wasn't..