BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

This will be a common theme with Mowbray, as it was with Bowyer. They aren’t brave or bold enough to give youngsters a run out - in their best positions.

As well as being spurious given the L1 games being included, that must be well out of date. 69 games doesn’t cover two full seasons and according to transfermarkt it’s closer to double that.

His 61 game Championship record is W21 D19 L21 - really very average - with a win % of 34.4.

By your measure that actually makes him worse than Lambert, having had far longer and a huge budget, while Lambert had a negative budget and yet still signed our best Championship player, as well as Mowbray’s Mr. Professional.

Well it’s not MY measure...it’s stats & after I posted it, I also realised it wasn’t up to date so I posted an update which I attach here for completeness...

A0C10E9F-F753-4D70-9AB3-A60748BF97B6.png

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

What are you gibbering on about? It was the usual stuff of him "not being good enough" on here, before he even played for us, or didn't play as was mostly the case. It happens with practically everyone we are linked with or sign. 

The line was why is Mowbray signing this guy? Well we were in league 1 and a season later he is being linked with two of the biggest clubs in Europe. The move didn't work out here for various reasons, but it just shows that he was a good find. The couch scouts who don't even watch players before writing them off crack me up. 

Its one or the other he either wasnt good enough/not ready or the manager didnt play him meaning the manager got it wrong, pretty straightforward mate, pick one of them two options, theres no inbetween? You wont cause you wont have a go at the manager in any way whatsoever.

• Like 3

Just now, Herbie6590 said:

Well it’s not MY measure...it’s stats & after I posted it, I also realised it wasn’t up to date so I posted an update which I attach here for completeness...

A0C10E9F-F753-4D70-9AB3-A60748BF97B6.png

Not addressed the issue though, dude.

You were seemingly trying to make a point that Mowbray was (statistically at least) far superior to Lambert. That’s just not true.

On a side note, it’s been a funny old day today. Everyone seems really on edge. Maybe it’s the crushing sense of impending monotony. At best.

I think we desperately need a positive Championship-standard signing.

2 hours ago, yeti-dog said:

Well, people can be sniffy but that managerial career total win % of 42.3 is actually pretty good.

Any manager who manages celtic should have an above 50% win ratio, look at lennon. Manager bolton won about 5 games in a season they were woeful but probs still has a great win percentage.

Edited by AAK

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

With all this talk of us signing Gallagher can I just ask those postera who don't think he is a good signing, to just say that once please. Some posters will literally tell you they don't like the manager or players every hour, on the hour. Ye know who ye are! 

Did you say that whilst sniggering, sat with S8? Bet you did.

34 minutes ago, Stuart said:

You were seemingly trying to make a point that Mowbray was (statistically at least) far superior to Lambert. That’s just not true.

On a side note, it’s been a funny old day today. Everyone seems really on edge. Maybe it’s the crushing sense of impending monotony. At best.

Alright drama queen, calm down.

There's a lot of clubs yet to do business. We are hardly desperate.

I wouldn't mind Sam Gallagher coming in, as long as it was to play through the middle. I know the going rate for players has risen quite sharply in recent times, but £5 million does sound steep. £3 million would be fair for a player of his calibre and experience. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

For absolute clarity, my original post was in response to the comment in the screen grab...

I haven't compared Mowbray to Lambert (or anyone else specifically)... just a statistical response to the comment referencing "high success rate" - then I realised the graphic was out of date...so I updated it...& for good measure I acknowledged the different divisions involved...

Screenshot 2019-06-23 at 22.30.01pm.png

Just now, Herbie6590 said:

For absolute clarity, my original post was in response to the comment in the screen grab...

I haven't compared Mowbray to Lambert (or anyone else specifically)... just a statistical response to the comment referencing "high success rate" - then I realised the graphic was out of date...so I updated it...& for good measure I acknowledged the different divisions involved...

The green highlighting isn't mine... ! It's in the original screen grab ;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Fans want us to get the Eddie Howes before he becomes famous. For every Eddie Howe there are 50 "young managers" who do jack shit. They are retrospective football experts.

It's the same with signings, "oh we should sign a top quality striker and CB for 3 million each". Who should we sign? "oh I don't know, it's not my job to know." 

and there are also 50+ older / experienced managers who have done or do jack shit.

Think Mowbray at best is a 'has been', if he ever was anything!

It's a pathetic and defeatist argument to say there is no one better out there.

Loads of managers would snatch your arm off in the Championship if they were given £6million to find a 'quality' centre back and striker.

Sadly, for Rovers, I think Mowbray spunked £10million away in last summer's window.  The failure of the Brereton signing alone, IMO, merits his sacking. 

Although not my first choice at this moment in time Gallagher is better than Brereton and unless BB comes on leaps and bounds getting started in real position it'll probably stay that way for a while so having him in would surely add some strength to the squad plus it might keep Samuel out, he offers a lot more than him as well.

Get him on loan with a view to buy then it covers all bases.

8 hours ago, Stuart said:

Bennett is Mr Versatile. Rodwell has been offered a new deal. Evans is one of the preferred CM players. Smallwood is a valuable squad player who won’t complain about being on the bench.

This is Mowbray’s view on life, and is why he can be so frustrating.

The regular excuse of “we don’t have a squad to challenge for promotion” is pretty self-fulfilling if the manager can’t or won’t upgrade them and just brings in new players to “help them”.

Mentally, TM is still in Div 1. I do not believe we will ever be promoted further while he is manager. Hasn't got it.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

God I would love if wr do very well this season. The word eating here would be good. 

I see the papers are linking Rakeem Harper with Liverpool and juventus. Remember him? Another singing that people said was useless before they even watched him. 

We would ALL love to do well this season but not because it gives gloating rights. What if we do badly and everyone queues up to remind you of this post?

This is NOT what the MB is for.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Butty said:

If we sign Gallagher too play up top then yes he’d be a good signing. If we sign Gallagher too play on the wing in the Armstrong role of not tracking back and just not even being a winger in the first place then it’s a no. Don’t know why anyone is talking about changing manager though, he’s not done much wrong and if he hasn’t got a pot too piss in this summer it won’t make a difference who’s in charge we won’t be making the play offs even if Pep was our manager. 

We had a pot to piss in last summer and he pissed it away on Brereton.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

Al that shows is that, under Venkys, we've suffered a series of rubbish managers. 

17 minutes ago, Mercer said:

and there are also 50+ older / experienced managers who have done or do jack shit.

Think Mowbray at best is a 'has been', if he ever was anything!

It's a pathetic and defeatist argument to say there is no one better out there.

Loads of managers would snatch your arm off in the Championship if they were given £6million to find a 'quality' centre back and striker.

Sadly, for Rovers, I think Mowbray spunked £10million away in last summer's window.  The failure of the Brereton signing alone, IMO, merits his sacking. 

Doesn't matter what you think though does it?  We can't get him sacked if we wanted to. And I'm not sure the majority of fans, however much they moan about him, want him sacked anyway

37 minutes ago, 47er said:

We had a pot to piss in last summer and he pissed it away on Brereton.

Well we are just fooked then. Another season of mid table mediocrity pending. That’s as most as we could hope for with our current squad. 

10 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Swansea away, Brentford away, Sheffield United home and away and the list goes on. Bennett is an a atrocious full back (and not much better elsewhere) but Mowbray likes him, so he continuously get's shoehorned into the side despite not being good enough. Nyambe on the other hand made an error against Birmingham, was publicly criticised by the manager and dropped to the bench and sometimes from the squad entirely until injuries meant he got a recall to the staring 11. 

You’ve missed Norwich away when I was convinced they stopped running at him cause they felt bad.

• Like 1